• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness coming west for PS4, PS Vita, and PC this fall

bryt

Yay, more VNs to read during my train commute. Never got around to watching the anime, but I've heard good things about it.

stryke

Oddly enough yeah. The Japanese Xbox 360 is actually filled with 360 exclusive Japanese Visual Novels. Even the biggest titles such as: Steins Gate, Robotics Notes and Chaos; Head were actually original 360 exclusive titles. There's loads on that system(If you have access to the Japanese marketplace)! I have played a bit of Psycho Pass on Xbox One as well as Chaos; Child, which isn't that great honestly. I was waiting for Psycho Pass to get an English update for nearly 2 years now but then they scrap it and it's only for Sony systems :(
That's really disappointing.

It's on pc as well

Shizuka

Now that AniHawk kinda confirmed a limited edition, I'm pretty sure one of the items will be the artbook that came with the japanese XONE limited edition. I wonder if they could include an OST as well.

emag

Too bad they didn't use the best song
cause I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL

Cautious optimism.

Also, was the Urobutcher involved in the game, or just the show?

Abnormalize was the best song. I'd link it, but like Dragon's Dogma's Into Free it's been scrubbed from YouTube.

Also, S1's ending theme was great.

down 2 orth

Interesting to hear about season two, I didn't know it was such a stinker.

I think I can understand the complaints though, because some of them could be directed to small parts of the first season. I'm thinking specifically the moments when
supposedly regular people just stand puzzled and watch as innocent people are brutally murdered in front of them.
The whole series is fairly well written and believable up to that point, but seeing humans not react to something like that is so ridiculous that it almost destroys the whole experience of the show. After millions of years of evolution, it's in our inherent instincts to understand what brutality is, and a couple hundred years of pacification could never change that. It really was the one dud in the first series, and it sucks to know they doubled down on it for the second season. For the Japanese audience I guess it makes a bit more sense because of their strong aversion to conflict, and the recurrent theme in Japanese fiction of moving from an honor-based samurai system to a morally deprived bureaucratic civil system.

As for Psycho Pass not being on Netflix, it was a timed deal which I think ended last week. I might watch the second season by other means, but judging from the comments here, it looks like it might not be worth it.

Mesoian

Wait so is this a new story or the same one from the anime? I loved the first season of the anime, wouldn't really want to watch/read it again if it's the same thing though.

Word. There is literally nothing that story can offer that makes me want to dive into that universe again. What a terrible twist.

Shizuka

Psycho-Pass-PS-Versions-March-24.jpg

Psycho-Pass-PS-Versions-March-24_LE.jpg

A 9,800 yen limited edition will include an art book and drama CD. The contents of the drama CD will differ based on which version of the game you purchase. On PlayStation 4, the limited edition is titled “Sado Ocean City Incident File XX: Dog Days,” and on PS Vita “Sado Ocean City Incident File XX: Cat Panic.”

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/psycho-pass-mandatory-happiness-ps4-ps-vita-launches-march-24-japan

It'd be nice if we got the drama CDs.

Walpurgis

Banned
Interesting to hear about season two, I didn't know it was such a stinker.

I think I can understand the complaints though, because some of them could be directed to small parts of the first season. I'm thinking specifically the moments when
supposedly regular people just stand puzzled and watch as innocent people are brutally murdered in front of them.
The whole series is fairly well written and believable up to that point, but seeing humans not react to something like that is so ridiculous that it almost destroys the whole experience of the show. After millions of years of evolution, it's in our inherent instincts to understand what brutality is, and a couple hundred years of pacification could never change that. It really was the one dud in the first series, and it sucks to know they doubled down on it for the second season. For the Japanese audience I guess it makes a bit more sense because of their strong aversion to conflict, and the recurrent theme in Japanese fiction of moving from an honor-based samurai system to a morally deprived bureaucratic civil system.

As for Psycho Pass not being on Netflix, it was a timed deal which I think ended last week. I might watch the second season by other means, but judging from the comments here, it looks like it might not be worth it.
I disagree. Humans are capable of unimaginable cruelty. Look no further than the Rwandan genocide. People raped and murdered their neighbours. There were pastors who lead people into churches promising sanctuary but instead, sold those who took refuge inside to the Interhamwe. It was a bloodbath. The international community just stood by and watched. Standing by as "innocent" people die is nothing for us (innocent being subjective).
I wish they used this boxart. It reminds me of the cool art style they used in the openings.

Top Bottom