• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snipperclips: Cut it Out! - First Party multiplayer puzzle game for Switch ($20)

psyfi

Banned
i feel like someone saw marioparty minigames or warioware microgames.. and was like.. hey instead of making a compilation, lets just flesh out one of them an sell it individually.
Just because a game is simple doesn't mean it doesn't have depth and that it isn't fun.

This reminds me a lot of Scribblenauts, I was honestly surprised it wasn't by the same devs.

6dJS0Tm.gif

910.gif

Good lord, I completely slept on this one and didn't notice it until now. The Treehouse stream sold it hard.

I might wait for a price drop or a My Nintendo discount (on par with the Pushmo/Pullblox games), depending on how thick it is in quantity of content, but this might be the first title since Nintendo Land to stick out to me as the perfect way to introduce a novice player to games in a setting where you play together.

Keen of Nintendo to jump on an indie acquisition and lock it down as first-party when they saw the right opportunity. From how well it resonates with the Joy-Con setup, you would never guess this wasn't conceived for the Switch from the start.

Kevtones

Immediate reaction to this was 'wtf is this? after hearing it was good. Then I watched the Treehouse and this turned into an instant-purchase.

Please make 1 2 Switch a pack-in Nintendo.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hah, I remember people saying in the treehouse stream that they should just have just put the ball from beneath, but it looks like you can't do it.

Game looks amazing but why isn't it using the gyro for rotation?(and maybe jumping). Wouldn't it be perfect for this game? Actions like balancing objects and hooking stuff should be a lot more fun with it I think.

EDIT: Thinking of it, just use the gyro and accelerometer for everything...even lateral movement.

Norse

This game was interesting but the other game they had on treehouse where you fight skeletons and such with your 5 heros looked more up my alley. Anyone have info on that game?

Just caught this on the Japanese stream. This could be the most interesting game for me on the Switch besides Breath of the Wild.

Norse

Why should they care about someone who only would want their game if it's free?

Think he meant maybe give first couple puzzles free and then buy to unlock rest of game. Like xbla used to do. Demo.....Heck, blizzard and id software sold a ton of PC games back in the day using that system. Suck you in with free act 1 of Diablo and then you would buy rest of game.

I have March 3rd planned all out to take my little sister out to breakfast, go pick up all of our Switch goodies, and then game all day. This is literally the perfect game for us to play. I'm so excite for this, Zelda and Bomberman on day one.

I have March 3rd planned all out to take my little sister out to breakfast, go pick up all of our Switch goodies, and then game all day. This is literally the perfect game for us to play. I'm so excite for this, Zelda and Bomberman on day one.

I love everything about this!

Does anyone know if this is getting a physical release or if it's digital only?

Cuburt

Game looks like a lot of fun and since you can take it around with you and have the 2 Joycon built in, I could actually see myself being able to play with others, whereas most local multiplayer games I have only get a couple of good playthoughs whenever I have friends over. Even 3DS games with local multiplayer are hard to get together with people that I know that have a 3DS and the game, so this could be a game changer for bringing local multiplayer back for me.

Top Bottom