• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

dream

The funny thing is, based on my individual fight value criteria, I would instabuy this PPV if they weren't determined to have an all heavyweight PPV and moved Outlaw Dan vs Duane Bang to the main card.

dem

UFC Ring Girl Arianny Celeste
Arrested for Domestic Violence

0526-arianny-celeste-getty-swim-2.jpg

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/26/arianny-celeste-arrested-domestic-violence/

What?

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani

Dana said Vitor Belfort broke his hand and is out. They are working on a new opponent for Wandy.

Royce vs Wandy, do it

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani

Dana said Vitor Belfort broke his hand and is out. They are working on a new opponent for Wandy.

Royce vs Wandy, do it

If they want to stick to a Brazilian opponent, that only leaves Paul Harris. Whoever they pick will probably make for a more even match-up than Wand/Vitor was going to be though.

dream

Dave Meltzer has a couple of updates...

Dana White said he would be talking with Brock Lesnar later tonight. He said that people know the difference between pro wrestling and UFC and he would not be adverse to using Lesnar while he is also with the WWE.

Vitor Belfort suffered a broken hand today in training and underwent surgery. He is out of the 6/23 PPV fight with Wanderlei Silva. They sold 10,000 tickets for the show in the first few hours they were put on sale for the show in Belo Horizonte.

There was an incident backstage after Jason "Mayhem" Miller's fight with C.B. Dollaway. It's unclear what happened, but Miller has been cut by UFC over it. There was a chance he'd have been cut just for the loss to Dollaway but this clinched the deal.

Jacob Volkmann will not be cut after his loss ith Paul Sass.

I wonder what he did.

dream

There are a lot of winnable fights for Brock. Like Lamar Johnson and that Stripe guy and maybe Struve. Brock vs. Country would do 800k too, just from the promos and the angle.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
There are a lot of winnable fights for Brock. Like Lamar Johnson and that Stripe guy and maybe Struve. Brock vs. Country would do 800k too, just from the promos and the angle.

I don't think Brock is the worst heavyweight on the block or anything but would they really bring this guy back to fight the likes of Lavar Johnson and Stipe Miocic? If Brock is trying to main event Wrestlemania against The Rock, does he really want to risk an ass whooping to Stipe Miocic?

dream

I don't think Brock is the worst heavyweight on the block or anything but would they really bring this guy back to fight the likes of Lavar Johnson and Stipe Miocic? If Brock is trying to main event Wrestlemania against The Rock, does he really want to risk an ass whooping to Stipe Miocic?

I think the mindset is money's money. Brock will draw no matter who he fights, and he'll fight whoever they pay him to. It's a weird sort of ego-less win-win.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Sucks to hear about Vitor. But to be honest he could probably beat Wanderlei even with both hands broken.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Just finished up the event.

The prelims had some great upsets. Sucks about Mayhem though, dude put too much pressure on himself, and while he did stagger Dollaway, his bum knee lost him the fight.

On the main card, things were expected. I'd say Del Rosario has a lot of potential. He needs to sharpen up that ground game and TDD.

Ænima

I don't think two losses to Cain and Overeem should drop Brock down the ladder nearly that far. He would be fighting a mid-tier guy like Werdum, Big Country, or Mir.

SteveWD40

Yeah that was a terrible performance by him despite him wining round 1. Both fighters looked pretty bad that fight. I was surprised on how good Bisping looked aganist Sonnen

I think I mentioned at the time, TUF seems to be bad for some fighters, all that time you should be training, you get a very short camp. Bisping looked doughy compared to how cut he was for Sonnen and both guys gassed.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'd say Del Rosario has a lot of potential. He needs a ground game and TDD.

Fixed.

Ænima;38242253 said:
I don't think two losses to Cain and Overeem should drop Brock down the ladder nearly that far. He would be fighting a mid-tier guy like Werdum, Big Country, or Mir.

Brock vs. Barnett

Book it now. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Book it now. Just let them go wild with the promos and shit. It would be glorious.

Top Bottom