• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon merchant issue

Why the hell can't you buy resources in bulk in this game? Being able to make a quest to gather what you need to purchase something is a really dope feature that kind of streamlines an annoying part of RPGs, but then you need wire and you have to buy the shits one at a time.

What gives?

Koh

I'm constantly selling resources. Never one in my 50 hour playthrough did I need to buy something.

What do you use your wire on?

Bombless

Why the hell can't you buy resources in bulk in this game? Being able to make a quest to gather what you need to purchase something is a really dope feature that kind of streamlines an annoying part of RPGs, but then you need wire and you have to buy the shits one at a time.

What gives?

They just patched that in.

Damnit, 60+ hours in and NOW they patch it in?

Can you delete shitty treasure boxes yet? I mean, when I get into that epic rock-only battlte I assume is the final boss I'll be glad to have 100+ rocks.

Footos22

Never understand how people can run out of wire. You Get the shit everywhere. Loot your fucking kills. The only thing the vendors are useful for is selling stuff.

Never understand how people can run out of wire. You Get the shit everywhere. Loot your fucking kills. The only thing the vendors are useful for is selling stuff.

Clearly you don't go around spamming the ropecaster and sharpshot arrows :p

The ropecaster ammo alone requires 10 wire per craft.

When you find out later in the game why you can't buy things in bulk you will regret your words and feel ashamed.

B6x40CpIYAUkVGb.jpg

I guess all of my weapons used it? I was constantly running out of wire and blaze, and I never left a single carcass un-looted. The arrows I was using consumed more wire than they yielded.

I mean, this had to have come up in play testing, that's why the vendors sell it.

EDIT: Meanwhile I had so much chillwater built up I had to constantly dump it just to make room.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Sharp shooter arrows, tripcaster, and the ropecaster were my most used weapons. All required wire to craft. I couldn't possibly loot enough to keep up supply. Everything else I could sell a bunch of. What'd you use the most?

Footos22

Sharp shooter arrows, tripcaster, and the ropecaster were my most used weapons. All required wire to craft. I couldn't possibly loot enough to keep up supply. Everything else I could sell a bunch of. What'd you use the most?

Sharpshooter, ropecaster and Warbow.

I guess all of my weapons used it? I was constantly running out of wire and blaze, and I never left a single carcass un-looted. The arrows I was using consumed more wire than they yielded.

I mean, this had to have come up in play testing, that's why the vendors sell it.

EDIT: Meanwhile I had so much chillwater built up I had to constantly dump it just to make room.

Same situation for me. :p
The Sharpshooter was my jam.

WaterAstro

I did run out of wire near the end because ropecaster is OP, but never actually had to buy materials. I just only bought health potions.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Oh so they added that in finally? So bizarre that they didn't have bulk buy when there was bulk sell. I still want to get rid of my fucking chests though. Yay for green chest containing rocks.

120v

inventory/resource management is easily the worst thing about the game. assuming this becomes a series id be pissed finding out i'll have to fuss with it again

HowZatOZ

Banned
That was true for me until I was running out of medicinal herb during time trial against Glinthawks and had to purchase some potion to survive.
I found a solution to the herb shortage in the world when it's needed; go to cauldrons. Filled with them because that's all that grows there.

You get a tearblast and you get a tear blast and you get a tearblast. Tearblasts for EVERYONE!

Where'd all my wire go?

And thank the All Mother for that merchant update.

Muffdraul

I played through it twice, first time was close to 100 hours, second was over 60. The only thing I ever bought from merchants was weapons and outfits and of course the specialty items from the various collectathons. Was always selling resources, never ever bought them. The secret is to never use fast travel and 75% of the time travel on foot and kill every fucking robot and critter that crosses your path and loot every cold dead corpse you see. When it got on my nerves, that was when I'd override a steed and give the scrounging a rest for a while. I was always drowning in resources and cash.

I played through it twice, first time was close to 100 hours, second was over 60. The only thing I ever bought from merchants was weapons and outfits and of course the specialty items from the various collectathons. Was always selling resources, never ever bought them. The secret is to never use fast travel and 75% of the time travel on foot and kill every fucking robot and critter that crosses your path and loot every cold dead corpse you see. When it got on my nerves, that was when I'd override a steed and give the scrounging a rest for a while. I was always drowning in resources and cash.

Did all of this.

That wire still got ran through, man.

That was true for me until I was running out of medicinal herb during time trial against Glinthawks and had to purchase some potion to survive.

i had a really easy time with that challenge. I think i got the blazing sun on the first try. The stealth kill watcher challenge was harder for me. That challenge took a few tries.

Top Bottom