• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Omni

I'm looking for a new man-bag. Suggestions? No idea where to look, tbh. Figure these threads deal with stuff like that.

I'm looking for a new man-bag. Suggestions? No idea where to look, tbh. Figure these threads deal with stuff like that.
do you have any photo examples of the kind of thing you want?

That said, I'm just going to throw out Makr as a potential candidtate. Not too pricey, has a 'manly' look, made in 'murrica. I have one of their totes and I love it. Billykirk is also another good one.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Yeah c'mon bro that's not an accurate representation of #teamtucked like this photo is:

So I already have the blue pants similar to this Gosling pic, where would I go about getting a shirt like that? Shoes? I like that look.

You shoulda used gaf fashion in the op. Cyclone, mac, luckyboy etc

Did I just get mentioned in the same sentence with the words "fashion" and the names "mac" and "luckyboy?" Do I actually have some form of fashion now? My life is complete.

kaskade

In regards to those wide neck shirts I ended up ordering one off ASOS. No idea how the quality is since it's the first thing I've purchased from them. But it was like 8 bucks with a 20% off code and free shipping. I didn't even have to leave my house.

Alucrid

Banned
I like them well enough for $8, wearing one today. Good beaters, but I had to size up especially after they went through the dryer once.

LL

LJ11

In regards to those wide neck shirts I ended up ordering one off ASOS. No idea how the quality is since it's the first thing I've purchased from them. But it was like 8 bucks with a 20% off code and free shipping. I didn't even have to leave my house.

Which one did you order?

Got a couple around June but the arm/pit area was awful, rest of the shirt fit great, sleeves were just too short.

So I already have the blue pants similar to this Gosling pic, where would I go about getting a shirt like that? Shoes? I like that look.
The look really isn't too hard to emulate. After all, it's just some blue pants, white pinstripe shirt (w/ blue), brown shoes/belt and tortoise shell shades. Like anything, what really sells the look is two things: fit and confidence.

I'm not sure of exact stores, but go looking for white/blue pinstripe dress shirts and brown oxford shoes. Derbys would probably work too. Make sure your pants are a higher rise (like his) to cut down on the sides billowing out. Unbutton the top two buttons and roll up the sleeves and call it a day. #teamtucked

Let me know what you think when you get it. I might order one as well.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
The look really isn't too hard to emulate. After all, it's just some blue pants, white pinstripe shirt (w/ blue), brown shoes/belt and tortoise shell shades. Like anything, what really sells the look is two things: fit and confidence.

I'm not sure of exact stores, but go looking for white/blue pinstripe dress shirts and brown oxford shoes. Derbys would probably work too. Make sure your pants are a higher rise (like his) to cut down on the sides billowing out. Unbutton the top two buttons and roll up the sleeves and call it a day. #teamtucked

Indeed. I have the pants in that exact fit (wearing them today actually) and that color of belt. I need to grab some more striped shirts like that, I don't have any really. Always been a solids guy. The shoes look nice too. I have some that color, but they are the no laces loafer style.

Now if I can find a reason to wear an outfit like that outside of work and not look too dressy in my small town. I've always felt weird even wearing chino pants outside of work. :p

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Zara has some of the best dress shirts you can buy off the rack, I would highly recommend them. Not cheap, but worth the premium. Thomas Pink also has some incredibly good stuff.

Alucrid

Banned
Zara has some of the best dress shirts you can buy off the rack, I would highly recommend them. Not cheap, but worth the premium. Thomas Pink also has some incredibly good stuff.

you should probably revise that criteria when you consider what's 'otr'

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

You mean that place Gosling was walking out of in that photo? Yeah, that seems inexpensive, :p

EDIT: Upon looking they have dress shirts for $20. I was mistaken. Gosling knows style and affordability!
So they are solid shirts?

EDIT 2: Not a lot to choose from though.

My jeans came in. Despite being called 'skinny jeans' on FarFetch, they are the 17.5 cm ones. I'm crushed! I'll have to return them now, which is such a pain in the ass on DHL.

My MMM shirt came in though. I'm shocked not only that an XS fits me, but fits me well. A little feminine, but that's fine. I'm confident enough in my masculinity to wear a pink floral shirt.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
You mean that place Gosling was walking out of in that photo? Yeah, that seems inexpensive, :p

EDIT: Upon looking they have dress shirts for $20. I was mistaken. Gosling knows style and affordability!

Haha I didn't even realize it was in the background of that photo. Good stuff!

I suggest finding a retail store near you and walking in. They don't have a very large selection of shirts, but what they do have is always good. Zara is an Inditex company if I'm not mistaken, and they change their stock rapidly based on trends and what's "in." So if you walk into the store every month or so you're bound to see new stuff.

Edit: Just checked their website, looks like the stuff they sell online is slightly different from the stuff they have in stores. I definitely recommend finding a retail outlet and checking there.

no free returns? how do you look in the jeans anyway?

Actually, FarFetch had an amazing return process, and it's going to be free. I had such a bad experience with DHL and Matches Fashion, but it turns out that was more Matches fault than DHL. I've already booked the return and everything. Took me a minute. And the jeans are very skinny in the thigh, but way to big on everything below the knee. I could get them hemmed, I suppose, but I figure it's better to just buy the real thing.

i think a wider leg opening would look better with the slp highs

Na bro. I'm gonna put the Slim in Slimane.

Just called the Beverly Center. The Saint Laurent there got the black skinny jeans in yesterday, when the new store opened. Crises averted.

Pretty sure he's filming a scene from Crazy, Stupid, Love in that photo. In which case, none of his clothes are from Zara.

With that said, Zara is definitely a good affordable option for items like dress shirts. Fit is pretty solid from what I hear.

Boken

Banned
things i need:

dark brown dress shoes/dress boots
business bag
work pants

things i want:
mechanical watch
Burberry trench
florals

Rookje

I think I'm going to do a bulk session in Sept. I'm going to get so fat and bloated, none of my clothes are going to fit and I'm going to be banished to henleys and v necks... Sigh.

Boken

Banned
I think I'm going to do a bulk session in Sept. I'm going to get so fat and bloated, none of my clothes are going to fit and I'm going to be banished to henleys and v necks... Sigh.

this is why i dont own any henleys or vnecks

I have the most ridiculous what to buy list. I think it's solidly into the five figure range at this point. I'd be happy if I buy half the stuff on it. I guess I'll have to see how lucrative my 18th birthday is.

Top Bottom