• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

SuomiDude

Yeah, that McKids game isn't nearly as shitty or otherwise bad to make much humor out of it. I remember playing back then, and it was a decent platformer.

Kreed

He definately should have played something worse. He didn't even sound very angry in the review, especially in comparison to his BTTF and TMNT reviews.

demi said:
The Professor? Was he even a part of the McDonalds lineup? CosMc? :lol

I actually remember CosMc. From what I remember, in the commercials he came to Earth wanting to try great Earth food and he was given a Cheese Burger. That's probably why he disappeared.

Jacobi

Banned
Still much more enjoyable than the 1UP/IGN crap.
Hopefully he'll review Silver Surfer next time, wanna see it...

Brofist

Kreed said:
He definately should have played something worse. He didn't even sound very angry in the review, especially in comparison to his BTTF and TMNT reviews.

I actually remember CosMc. From what I remember, in the commercials he came to Earth wanting to try great Earth food and he was given a Cheese Burger. That's probably why he disappeared.

he should have brought his ass over to In-N-Out Burger, stupid alien :D

thefro

Shard said:
Hmmm, that one wasn't up to the comedy stnadards of his last videos, I think it might be because McKids over here looks to be merely an average platformer rather then a completely shitty one. Basically it could have used some more anger.

The Back to the Future review was a masterpiece, so it'd be hard to top.

DarkCloud

New review up on Screwattack.com. Wally Bear and the No Gang.

I'm hoping that they don't add that intro to every new review he does now.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
OMG YOU CAN WALK OVER THAT LITTLE GAP IN TMNT?!? I NEVER ****ING KNEW THAT!

Seriously though, this shit is hilarious. Accurate, too. Athough I did dig some of the game he rags on, I still concede his points.

:lol errr durrrr I wanna put the game in!

"Every bird and attack dog on the block wants you dead, and theres not a whole lot you can do about that but jump for your life"

"Why would a bird want to kill a skateboarding bear anyway?"

Ahhh, they don't make games like they used to thats for sure.

Sanjuro

jjasper said:
The TMNT one is awesome. Just wondering has anyone ever actually beaten the game?
I beat the game...one of the most memorable games I have ever played due to its difficulty. At the time Konami was promoting they made the best games because they were the hardest. I believe that had somthing to do with the gametype.

As far as Angry Nintendo Nerd, he is amusing but didnt provide me with any reasons why TMNT..only that he wasnt good at the game. BTTF he was right on.

Nicktals

Banned
If I had more time or motivation, I'd write an indepth rebuttal to his McKids review, because even the few complaints he made were wrong. And yeah, I beat this game and the secret level when I was 5 or 6...But I guess I was pretty good at games back then.

Why was he carrying a block when he tried to make that tough jump inbetween the two springs? If he had done it without it it would've been much easier. That bugged me a bit.

EDIT: And for the TMNT review...He's kinda dumb, isn't it? He clearly showed himself walking over a 1 space gap in the water level (not the swimming one, but the one where he kept falling into the water), so he knew that you could walk over small gaps, yet he just decided to ignore what he knew (and most people at that stage in the game knew) to make it more entertaining. But, I guess I'm probably just taking him too seriously.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I actually liked Top Gun back in the day too

*LANDING SEQUENCE*

"Uh oh, I'm really fucked now" :lol

Sanjuro

Nicktals said:
If I had more time or motivation, I'd write an indepth rebuttal to his McKids review, because even the few complaints he made were wrong. And yeah, I beat this game and the secret level when I was 5 or 6...But I guess I was pretty good at games back then.

Why was he carrying a block when he tried to make that tough jump inbetween the two springs? If he had done it without it it would've been much easier. That bugged me a bit.

EDIT: And for the TMNT review...He's kinda dumb, isn't it? He clearly showed himself walking over a 1 space gap in the water level (not the swimming one, but the one where he kept falling into the water), so he knew that you could walk over small gaps, yet he just decided to ignore what he knew (and most people at that stage in the game knew) to make it more entertaining. But, I guess I'm probably just taking him too seriously.

I could take any old game, pretend to be pissed off, and find anything close to being a flaw. While in some cases he is correct BTTF/Top Gun..but those games in general are widely considered shitty games...and I've known this since the early 90s. While CV2, TMNT, KK I enjoyed playing them all and many others have as well.

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
LOL! I have this! Me and my friends would be on the first and second level owning fools - totally mastered fighting the enemies, but then, at the end of the levels...IT happened.

CPU: "Good job FT, now land and come on home buddy!"

Me (in the 8 year old equivalent of the word): "F*ck."

The sequence was awesome cause when the cut scene played you'd pray you made it, then the game would be a bastard and show you doing what appeared to be a clean landing on the carrier and then you just go right over the edge. :lol

My dad friggin' MASTERED this game though. He was all world. I was shocked. Supremely. He and his buddies would gettogether on days off and play this and Double Dribble. I felt privileged being able to see the last level with the Space Shuttle on the pad.

SanjuroTsubaki said:
I could take any old game, pretend to be pissed off, and find anything close to being a flaw. While in some cases he is correct BTTF/Top Gun..but those games in general are widely considered shitty games...and I've known this since the early 90s. While CV2, TMNT, KK I enjoyed playing them all and many others have as well.

agreed. More like Whiney Gonna Pretend I'm Angry Rolling Rock Nerd.

Joeroll

Great Wasabi Man said:
agreed. More like Whiney Gonna Pretend I'm Angry Rolling Rock Nerd.

You guys are being cynical about a guy being cynical. He's being funny, you guys are being serious. "I can do the same thing play a shitty game and pretend to be pissed off." I doubt it.

And also about the games, hell I loved them when I was 5 years old playing TMNT. But, even then I knew it sucked ass. It was all about the license.

Just because the guy had an episode you didn't find as funny or agree with doesn't mean he 'sucks' now. I mean really I dont think he is too serious....

Yeah, you guys need to just chill and not get offended by this guy just because he thought of a good idea before you did. That having been said, I was beginning to worry that he was losing his touch after the McKids and Wally Bear reviews, but the Top Gun review showed more of the quality that was present in his earliest reviews. However, I don't know if he'll ever top the TMNT, Roger Rabbit, CV2, or the BTTF reviews.

Nicktals

Banned
charlesthefirst said:
Yeah, you guys need to just chill and not get offended by this guy just because he thought of a good idea before you did. That having been said, I was beginning to worry that he was losing his touch after the McKids and Wally Bear reviews, but the Top Gun review showed more of the quality that was present in his earliest reviews. However, I don't know if he'll ever top the TMNT, Roger Rabbit, CV2, or the BTTF reviews.

Umm, I don't agree. He could find games and situations to make some of his videos much better. He can do this whole act, while making valid review points. But the things I pointed out above just scratched the surface, of his just grasping to try to bash a game. But when he purposefully makes situations more difficult so that he can get mad at it, then it just takes the whole thing down a notch. He can find games worthy of getting pissed off at without having to fabricate anything.

GilloD

Banned
Wasn't McKids a Treasure game?

This guy is alright. He's another one of those guys who thinks teh funny is swearing a lot and dragging ironic appreciation out of the closet. He does have his moments, though, and I remember how ****ing hard a lot of these games were.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Nicktals said:
He can find games worthy of getting pissed off at without having to fabricate anything.

If you think TMNT, BTTF, Roger Rabbit, and Top Gun were good games then I will never trust your opinion of games. Never ever.

Gek54

I remember beating Top Gun as a kid. I ran around the house screaming after killing the shuttle launch.

Cosmc
cosmc.jpg

Top Bottom