• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked this up for the PC and my god, I'm so much better at it with a M/KB than when i was on the PS4. I know it generally goes without saying with the M/KB but its just a staggering difference.

Jblanks

Tied 2-2 on Lijang, and the other team switches to Pharah and Pocket Mercy to deal with our Tracer and our McCree couldn't take them down himself. "We need to switch to counter that combo", Tracer "yea agreed". Doesn't switch, we lose... I was DVa and would've switched but we only had 1 tank.

The same tracer another round after it was called out not to push too far after we wiped the team, did that and got picked.. the player was like level 800. So annoying.

Edit: I should probably just stop telling my stories because 3/4 of the games I play there's always a good one too tell, and most people here probably run into the same bs a lot also.

Welcome to the club. All we have is salt and broken dreams.

While they kept arguing about who was making us lose, I kept trying to point out that all of them kept going in 4 different directions for a capture mission, and we should try to stick together. They never stuck together. I was playing Zenyatta, so constantly being the last person alive on my team was really frustrating.

hypernima

Banned
Dude I just can't, I'm usually a calm person but stupidity just brings the rotten out in me and I'm kind of ashamed. I should be better than this no?

I quit the game and then came back, to basically carry with soldier, like they just sat and let a Bastion camp. Not shielded or boosted. No one knew how to kill him.

I literally only got suspended because I left during the match complete sign and not before defeat.

Jblanks

remember that level =/= smart. it's usually the super high level player that does the stupid ass shit you think is glaringly obvious.

True. They intstalocked Tracer, so I was just thinking well he must be a pretty good Tracer then.

Got compliments on back to back days though. Yesterday I was Mei, and someone said I was fun too watch; must've been spectating and today as Zen some guy said I was a sick Zen. Feelsgoodman.

Blizzard

Banned
Is the "gay money" phrase something people were actually saying about Tracer? I'm assuming that has to be the joke but this is the first time I've seen it mentioned in connection with Overwatch.

tl;dr: Blizz dgaf rip Dorito Viola
No, they specifically said this:
I understand that people feel like she may be too weak overall after these changes, and if that turns out to be the case we'll look at helping her out.

Lmao why is it that when a Pharah is destroying that people think it's a good idea to jump on Pharah also?

Thankfully for once the Pharah destroying was on my team, we are at 2-2 on Nepal and the Soldier on the enemy team decides to go Pharah the last round and proceeds to get wrecked by the Soldier on our team lmao. I can only guess our Pharah was giving him enough trouble that he just wanted to duel it out or some stupid shit.

On the topic of balance changes, I'm gonna be sad if DVA gets hit hard. I was starting to really get into her since my main (Soldier) is often boring as fuck to play and my Reinhardt and Hog (who is also about to get nerfed) skills have atrophied a lot since Season 2. Oh well. I guess the game will go back to revolving around if your DPS doesn't suck.

Lmao why is it that when a Pharah is destroying that people think it's a good idea to jump on Pharah also?

Thankfully for once the Pharah destroying was on my team, we are at 2-2 on Nepal and the Soldier on the enemy team decides to go Pharah the last round and proceeds to get wrecked by the Soldier on our team lmao. I can only guess our Pharah was giving him enough trouble that he just wanted to duel it out or some stupid shit.

On the topic of balance changes, I'm gonna be sad if DVA gets hit hard. I was starting to really get into her since my main (Soldier) is often boring as fuck to play and my Reinhardt and Hog (who is also about to get nerfed) skills have atrophied a lot since Season 2. Oh well. I guess the game will go back to revolving around if your DPS doesn't suck.

Yeah, I've seen it too often. Some think that the best counter to a hero giving you trouble is that hero giving you trouble. Horrible idea in Pharah's case since no one is gonna be getting direct hits with her. Or the Pharah on your team just gets hard countered. :/

Xux

I like this Bastion individual. Spraying Pharah, staring at Genji, chewing through tanks. Might be my choice for first Legendary purchase.

Genji's kinda neat, too, I guess. I guess I need to jump more.

I like this Bastion individual. Spraying Pharah, staring at Genji, chewing through tanks. Might be my choice for first Legendary purchase.

Genji's kinda neat, too, I guess. I guess I need to jump more.

the game is not kind to bastion players lol.

I won a game on Dorado with a Diamond Torbjorn main who put the turret on the cart, and as Rein I kept it alive.

It worked like crazy lol.

I also broke into 2700 again for a brief moment, then queued into the team of 4 I played with the game before and my new 4 stack decides to troll pick last point and well I think from there I just kept telling myself one more game until I ended up at 2620 again.

I'm determined to prove that I'm not 2500-2700 skill level, I know I can get out of this bracket. It pains me so much to see so many Diamond players with the same damn SR I have. Why did they get to push to Diamond and I still haven't broken 2800?

KiraFA37

I only had 80 posts in the previous thread so I'm still a way of from the wall of fame. Time to increase posting. Insert delete hero comment here, buff Winston comment here, and random ship here.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
are you serious?

I'm being facetious honestly, because yeah reaper should beat winston 8 times out of 10. I still don't think that should be a reason for buffing winston because that's exactly what we want. Didn't we complain about reaper not being the tank buster anymore?

Also it just shows that there are ways for winston to play around his counters still. I feel like once dive comps are a thing again and there are more squishies on the field you'll see a lot more winston.

Mostly joking.

I tried doing the symmetra basketball thing but the fact that the turrets get destroyed by just glancing geometry in addition to the beam range increase not showing visually makes it pretty much impossible to even do any damage.

1-5 today. That was humbling. I lost a close one, won a close one, guy DCs, another 2 DC, got steamrolled, lost a close one. I really felt like I played well but it just wasn't the day to play. i think i was at 2700 but now to 2540

Yukinari

Its such a terrible feeling to have games of Oasis turn into a snowball every fucking round.

Its now my least favorite koth map and i only played it a few times in quickplay and comp.

D.va protecting Junk's tyre isn't even something I had thought of...oh well. By the time OT9 comes around maybe I'll be good as Junkrat.

scotcheggz

I thought the word "noob" was really 90s until I started playing overwatch. I genuinely didn't realise people still said it, I keep waiting for IMBA to rear it's ugly head.

Skii

Jellie beat me by 1 post on the wall of shame :(

Feelsbadman

Also, people need to stop asking for Winston buffs. He's one of the most balanced heroes in the game. If the meta wasn't full of Roadhogs and Dva, Winston would actually get a look in.

I just can't wait for these nerfs to hit live, this meta has been cancerous for diversity.

Antiwhippy

Jellie beat me by 1 post on the wall of shame :(

Feelsbadman

Also, people need to stop asking for Winston buffs. He's one of the most balanced heroes in the game. If the meta wasn't full of Roadhogs and Dva, Winston would actually get a look in.

I just can't wait for these nerfs to hit live, this meta has been cancerous for diversity.

Eh.

There was a time where every line up was literally zen + lucio +bwinston/rein + zarya + genji + other dps(mostly mccree iirc)

There was also a time where literally every koth is 2 lucios + 2 winstons + 2 tracers.

Pharah meta was probably the most diverse but i cant remember much about it. Beyblade probably the 2nd most diverse?

Mendrox

BTW, for the D.Va changes on the PTR and concerns, Blizz finally responded:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752559736?page=26#post-502

Edit:as expected, people are not liking that response

Edit 2:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752559736?page=27#post-536

In what world is someone playing JR in comp that is also coordinated enough to go "I'm using my tire, D.va, follow it and it's going to go in this patter oh and healers keep the D.Va alive as she goes into enemy territory"

Man fuck Blizzard. Just give her back the old HP/Armor before her not anticipated buff. Now she is useless again if you want to play a serious comp.

Moonkid

Ticked another hero off that I could never get the fundamentals right: Hanzo! The game is injected with new life when you pass the learning curve of a new hero. And of course I change if the game isn't going well. Depressing I should have to add that heh.

Veelk

Banned
If D.Va's old HP was weak enough that they felt they needed to buff it, then I don't understand how they think what she has now is good enough for the damage she puts out, which they nerfed.

2-1 in the morning.
Last match was a mess.
Had this English guy telling another guy with a french accent to stop speaking and that hed rather play with russian people than french.

Guess thats what happens when you run

Symm,Torb,Hanzo, Mei, Rein and Ana on defence eichenwalde ://

Then
Sombra, Torb, Hanzo, Pharah, Rein and Ana on attack

Skii

Eh.

There was a time where every line up was literally zen + lucio +bwinston/rein + zarya + genji + other dps(mostly mccree iirc)

There was also a time where literally every koth is 2 lucios + 2 winstons + 2 tracers.

Pharah meta was probably the most diverse but i cant remember much about it. Beyblade probably the 2nd most diverse?

The meta before these buffs was a lot more diverse. You'd see a lot of Reaper sure but there would be Genjis, Tracers, McCrees, Mei and even the off meta picks like Hanzo and Junkrat were more viable than they are now.

The meta right now is just so fucking boring even at lower ranks. I hate everyone just sitting at the choke waiting for one of the Roadhogs to get a pick which'll decide the fight. And from an esport perspective, it's even more boring to watch everyone play tank comps when DPS are infinitely more interesting to watch. Give me a dragonblading Genji over a Dva holding left click any day.

The only reason you Winston back is so you can farm him with reaper. I know your plans, I'm keeping my eyes on you.

I have no idea what you're talking about *whistles*

Mendrox

If D.Va's old HP was weak enough that they felt they needed to buff it, then I don't understand how they think what she has now is good enough for the damage she puts out, which they nerfed.

Yeah it's total bullshit now. Even worse than back then where she was immediately down. Even the damage got nerfed now where you have to hunt people down to even get the damage down. Now she gets rekt when she dives and also cant kill fast enough.

Antiwhippy

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan of this meta from an esports perspective as well and liked the beyblade one more, with my favourite being the pharah meta because watching pharah battles is still the dopest shit in this game. I just wouldn't call it the least diverse one we've had so far.

You still see all sorts of dps coming out to complement the 3 tanks though. Also a surprising amount of pharah despite the prevalence of soldier.

Yeah it's total bullshit now. Even worse than back then where she was immediately down. Even the damage got nerfed now where you have to hunt people down to even get the damage down. Now she gets rekt when she dives and also cant kill fast enough.
They actually made her worse than she was before the buff meanwhile Ana is still gonna remain the best healer in the game by far plus Soldier is somehow untouched.

A monkey could balance better than Blizzard right now.

Antiwhippy

1kkFyDUcgPQ.png

1lcps5gLsdC.jpg

Remember when Zen just crushed everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom