• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K18 |OT| 1,000 VC needed to enter thread.

ron_bato

One thing Ive seen happen maybe 3 times now in 7 full games now is a non shooting center take a fade away jump shot close to the three point line. It rarely happens, but its one time too many.

Looks like an update just dropped. ._.

Ouch, hope u werent that far into the game.

Thanks, but I prefer buying it. :d

Fuck. I'm about to go test this out...

Also everybody please keep that my league trick in house! You take this to reddit or YouTube or OS and it is a GG for us sooner than later lol

2k wanna exploit us we exploit the fuck out of them right back

Yeah it's just a PC update

I caved and threw down some bucks on VC because I wanted to leave the brown shirt mafia, only to find out I have to be level 85 to buy any of the gear I like. *sigh*

So I went ahead and put that $20 worth of VC into my stats and it only got me to level 77 (I started at 67).

Oh boy.

cHinzo

I caved and threw down some bucks on VC because I wanted to leave the brown shirt mafia, only to find out I have to be level 85 to buy any of the gear I like. *sigh*

So I went ahead and put that $20 worth of VC into my stats and it only got me to level 77 (I started at 67).

Oh boy.

Aight guys, just found out an easy way to get 800 VC. What u need to do:

1. Start a new MyLeague
2. Pick a team
3. Pick Simcast
4. Simulate untill the last minute (like final 20~40 seconds)
5. Jump into the game
6. Let the game end
7. GG, easy 800 VC onto ur account

Somehow u only get 100 VC for the games after, so what I do is after simming a game, I check in MyTeam my VC balance, delete the MyLeague save file and just make a new one and u will get 800 VC for the first game again. Just made 5k in a couple of minutes lol, gonna max out my character in no time.

Repost for new page. Method in action.

Just do this for easy VC. I max'd out my character and got everything I needed using this method.

cHinzo

How do you get it on 12 minutes/HOF by default? That's what's in my main menu settings but it's always 5/Pro when I start one.

Don't need to change any settings. That's why it's going so quickly in the video. My settings are also on 5 minutes/Pro default.

Don't need to change any settings. That's why it's going so quickly in the video. My settings are also on 5 minutes/Pro default.

@.@

Man this is going to save me some time in the long run, lol

Such an amazing feeling when you get the timer to stop with 5 seconds left. Got one with 0.5!

Are there any good NCAA mods for this (or for 2K17)? Something that generate players, courts etc. and ideally lets you simulate & play through march madness? Any hope for a College Hoops 2K19? I can't believe that it has been 10 years since the last College Hoops title...........

StereoVsn

So what centers do you guys like? I started playing Post/P&B and he was pretty cool. However I tried out Defender/Post last night with 7'2" 300 lbs and almost max wingspan and man, the guys is actually fairly quick for the size and the skills are decent enough for good post game.

I just need to get a grip and get a win for the workout game at higher then B-

ViciousDS

Banned
Repost for new page. Method in action.

Just do this for easy VC. I max'd out my character and got everything I needed using this method.

You could start reposting that along with the clothing glitch too! Saves even more VC!

Video is on my xbox but it still hasn't been uploaded to xbox DVR's website

You could just do the clothing glitch for now until you stack up VC to buy it.

1. Find the clothing you want to wear. This can be street shoes or any piece of street gear. This does not work for proam/nba league gear.

2. Add the gear you want to your cart

3.Go to your cart and click the right stick on the gear you want to wear. It says outside store but it's normally for just buying clothing. Make sure there is a green square next to the stuff you want. Now back out all the way by pressing circle or B(Xbox).

4. It gives you a warning saying you will lose whatever in your cart, say yes and exit the store.

5. Walk down to the 2k zone and in the right side of the store is the JDM headphone selling guy.

6. Do the same steps here. Cart, right click preview, green square and back out all the way.

7. Bam you got yourselves some gear and everyone can see it. It doesn't physically buy the gear, but you can still wear whatever you want and everyone can see it without paying any VC. It even stays equipped when you quit or reload the game just like you physically bought it.

Zafir

They've got to tone down the foul calls in the paint.

And the time outs the AI does in the last few seconds of the game.

Not even kidding, I had a timeout happen when there was 0.2 seconds left on the clock. I feel like that's just a BM timeout at that point, lol. When we got back into the game the timer was basically up as soon as the ball left the player. It's not like the game was even close.

jmizzal

Hey guys thats on Xbox one

If your rated 80 or above can you guys go vote for my T-Shirt designs at the T-shirt booth, I have a couple of cool shirts, I need 100 votes to get my shirts in the store, thanks
Search for user name jmizzal2000

You can add me too

Its prob hard to get votes unless you get other people to vote for it, once you start getting votes you move up on the list and other people can see your shirts and vote for it

jacobs34

Have they made any interesting/fun changes to offline franchise mode this year? I was going to pick up the game, but if things are still pretty similar to 2K16 I will probably hold off until its on a deep sale.

Found a few things you can do to make it go faster---

1. Don't bother with putting it on HOF or 12 minutes. Won't make a difference.
2. Once you make the first league, do save as 10 times so you don't have to keep making it.
3. You can simulcast the 2nd game and still get VC, this is also another way of knowing which files you've touched.

hyp

2. Once you make the first league, do save as 10 times so you don't have to keep making it.
3. You can simulcast the 2nd game and still get VC, this is also another way of knowing which files you've touched.

can you clarify #2? and are you saying you get even more VC by simcasting the second game?

ViciousDS

Banned

you can simulcast all games you just only 100 VC i think afterwards instead of that initial 825....why would you want to save though?

can you clarify #2? and are you saying you get even more VC by simcasting the second game?

There's an option to "save as" to duplicate the file. This helps so you don't have to keep going through a new league creation process.

You don't get more VC by simcasting the second game. I just do the second game so when I go back to the menu to load another duplicate league, it's clear which ones I haven't touched.

you can simulcast all games you just only 100 VC i think afterwards instead of that initial 825....why would you want to save though?

Do "save as" not save when you make your first league

Also, I've been picking the Warriors, their second game is against the Pelicans and they pretty much always win, it'll get you 925 instead of 825. It's not too much but over the long run it can save a bit of time. Just hit left twice when in team selection menu.

The save file furthest to the right should be the latest file created for when you duplicate.

Just saying so that you don't have to play that second game.

JoeFu

Banned
I got an error that says my MyPlayer account expired because I didn't verify my email... but they never sent me one. last MyPlayer email I got was in 2013 lol. Good job 2k

Zafir

I got an error that says my MyPlayer account expired because I didn't verify my email... but they never sent me one. last MyPlayer email I got was in 2013 lol. Good job 2k

Yeah as I said on a previous page, I had the same thing happen.

I just re-registered using the same details and my stuff was still there.

Crazyorloco

@.@

Man this is going to save me some time in the long run, lol

Such an amazing feeling when you get the timer to stop with 5 seconds left. Got one with 0.5!

I did this too, but it went into overtime lol 😂 I had to play it out.

Sometimes it's better to leave a few more seconds

I just realized reviews of the game should be out today.

jmizzal

I'm at 80 from the other post doing this should finish up maxing me out faster lol

JoeFu

Banned
Yeah as I said on a previous page, I had the same thing happen.

I just re-registered using the same details and my stuff was still there.

Thanks, just did that and it worked. I hope they send me a stupid email so I don't need to do that every 3 days.

----

For those doing the sim thing... does it take a while for the VC to update? I've simmed 4 games and jumped in as instructed, but only got 800 VC. Does winning make a difference?

EDIT:oooh i can't read, has to be first game. got it!

Thanks, just did that and it worked. I hope they send me a stupid email so I don't need to do that every 3 days.

----

For those doing the sim thing... does it take a while for the VC to update? I've simmed 4 games and jumped in as instructed, but only got 800 VC. Does winning make a difference? oooh i can't read, has to be first game. got it!

Winning gets you 925. Losing is 825

hyp

earning VC this way makes you truly realize how much Take2 is anti-consumer. fuck these guys.

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
Got myplayer up to the 85 late last night doing this. Just need a bit more for animations, clothes, and a haircut lol. Seeing my friends list in and out of myteam/quick games was pretty hilarious

hyp

apparently there's going to be a patch release today. wonder what they're going to break/fix.

jmizzal

"Ronnie 2K 2K18‏Verified account
@Ronnie2K
Follow
More
PS4/XB1 patch approved and releasing within next hour. Just a heads up when you get that update. More info soon."

Good news, this patch is for the disappearing players, Switch will likely get it a lil later Nintendo patch approval process is a little different.

Also I dont think this will patch out the VC myleague thing, but if I was you I would get it while the getting is good lol

"Ronnie 2K 2K18‏Verified account
@Ronnie2K
Follow
More
PS4/XB1 patch approved and releasing within next hour. Just a heads up when you get that update. More info soon."

Good news, this patch is for the disappearing players, Switch will likely get it a lil later Nintendo patch approval process is a little different.

Hopefully this patch doesn't involve something else............

I'm about to try a speed run making 10 franchises and simming out. Going to see how long a set of 10 takes and how much I get from it (Obviously 8000-9000)

Ensoul

I am liking this game so far but I mostly play my career/my park. So far the my park games are lagging to the point where it is unplayable. Every single year everything costs more. I mean it's 2000 points to get a new hairdo. WTF this was free last year.

I dunno I am just sick of building my player up. He somehow makes it into the NBA when he cannot dribble, rebound or hit 1 foot shots. I mean I know why they do this but it is starting to get a little old.

Tall4Life

I've played for a few hours+ and I can't figure out how to actually play offense effectively. No clue when I should pass, when I should drive, etc... I don't have any idea what I'm doing necessarily wrong, so that's frustrating when I'm trying to get better

I wish they would release a $20 variant with just season mode and local only multiplayer. I really don't care about anything else in these sports games. Maybe that's where EA should take Live.

As if the disappearing player wasn't bad enough, now I'm losing VC that I earn after each career game. This is some Early Access Preview bullshit

Aight guys, just found out an easy way to get 800 VC. What u need to do:

1. Start a new MyLeague
2. Pick a team
3. Pick Simcast
4. Simulate untill the last minute (like final 20~40 seconds)
5. Jump into the game
6. Let the game end
7. GG, easy 800 VC onto ur account

Somehow u only get 100 VC for the games after, so what I do is after simming a game, I check in MyTeam my VC balance, delete the MyLeague save file and just make a new one and u will get 800 VC for the first game again. Just made 5k in a couple of minutes lol, gonna max out my character in no time.

Nice! Thank you for this sir. Hopefully this does not end up in OS because they will patch it

ViciousDS

Banned
That much?! Wtf.

Yes, nearly 60k overall more to hit the same overall. This is why I actually LIKED the stats being bunched it was actually a huge saver. It took only 140k to max the initial character in 2k17 soft cap.

Now its 200,040 VC roughly, not to mention everything else now costs more, animations are double in price.....the haircuts......actual on court gear though went down.....I wonder why.

As if the disappearing player wasn't bad enough, now I'm losing VC that I earn after each career game. This is some Early Access Preview bullshit

I submitted a ticket for this yesterday and still haven't had a response. It seems they are serious in the dissappearing characters issue actually and thats because half the idiots who blew $50 or more on VC had their characters go bye bye. If this didn't affect more whales it would be on the backburner.

Kind of OT, but did anyone make a NBA Live OT for this year? The title should be the literal exact opposite of the 2k one lol.

NBA Live 18 |OT| Start at overall at 72 and be 80 by lunch......no money down.

Oh boy.

Holy shit! LMAO!! I'm probably not going to get this because basketball isn't my thing anymore and I'm just in here for the impressions and hype but lol... your story made the click on this thread worth it.

Top Bottom