• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
We'll find out in about 2ish hours.

I'd imagine this will be the week we get the test client

notsol337

marked forever
Solo queuing as a new player always makes me nervous. I don't want to get reported for feeding, but I still haven't learned when to run and when to fight just yet.

LE SIGH

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Most feed reports are trivial, you'd have to be a really huge dick about intentionally feeding to get any kind of repercussion.

Haly

I feel like we're going to get slammed by valve time again.

JustinBB7

Yea. That's what they want you to think.

image.php

Today's update: test client is live!
Next week's update: test client gets its first update!
Week after that's update: test client's stuff goes live in real version, test client gets new update!

Believe.

ink4n3

What constitutes feeding? Just repeatedly dying?

It's repeatedly dying on purpose. Like just running past all of the towers into the enemy base over and over. It has to be pretty obvious that you are trying to ruin the game. You shouldn't banned for having a bad game and going 0-10.

It's repeatedly dying on purpose. Like just running past all of the towers into the enemy base over and over. It has to be pretty obvious that you are trying to ruin the game. You shouldn't banned for having a bad game and going 0-10.

Yeah.

Although that won't stop people from demanding you report their teammate for "feeding". To which my favorite response is always, "Sorry, I'm not reporting someone for being new to the game." And then they shut up. Every time. Feels good. :3

notsol337

marked forever
I ended up playing Lina in single draft, and I went 13/3/9. Not too bad, considering I'd never played her before and my team was pretty dumb.

Finalow

Lol.
I just tried Juggernaut for the first time in a pub game (I wanted to use Sand King but he wasn't available) and I did a lot of mistakes 'cause it's pretty late.
but besides that I finished to carry the game with 10 kills and 0 deaths. I never saw so many n00bs in one game, even in my team for 2 people was the first time in DOTA 2 and in a moba game at all.

problem is: match seems gone, I mean I can't see the replay and the game doesn't count that as a win, wtf? Does anyone know why?

btw I'm looking for people to play with so if someone here wants let me know.

Guesong

I've had that happen to me. Match disappeared as if it was never played, no replay, no record, no Win on my stats.

It was a nice game full of big Tidehunter plays but alas, I'll never get to analyze it. :(

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Of all the things I love out of that stream page, it's definitively the Kappy and BZM stand with the mic.

Cracks me up everything I see it! :)

I like how Kappy is poorly shopped so it looks like he is facing in the correct direction.

Finalow

I've had that happen to me. Match disappeared as if it was never played, no replay, no record, no Win on my stats.

It was a nice game full of big Tidehunter plays but alas, I'll never get to analyze it. :(
I can see it in match history but nothing else.
so it's a bug and not a problem with the update, sigh. :(

Haly

Big throws by Haly's Spec.

Only 470 GPM as well. Fuuuuu. Needed to rush Midas instead.

BZM FORGIVE ME, I HAVE SINNED.

JDS 2.0

Banned
Lol.
I just tried Juggernaut for the first time in a pub game (I wanted to use Sand King but he wasn't available) and I did a lot of mistakes 'cause it's pretty late.
but besides that I finished to carry the game with 10 kills and 0 deaths. I never saw so many n00bs in one game, even in my team for 2 people was the first time in DOTA 2 and in a moba game at all.

problem is: match seems gone, I mean I can't see the replay and the game doesn't count that as a win, wtf? Does anyone know why?

btw I'm looking for people to play with so if someone here wants let me know.

QQ

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Oh man, I haven't seen that one in so long. I do remember really liking it. I've never watched any of the new ones, like SEED and whatnot. I think that was for the best.

I think I prefer the RX-79 G over the Ez, though. I own some weird limited model of it somewhere around here.

edit: oh, it was behind my guyver and berserk statue :D

Haly

I think I prefer the RX-79 G over the Ez, though. I own some weird limited model of it somewhere around here.
What I like most about Ez8 is the conservative design. No bright yellows or reds, all business. Makes it less toy-like, which is something a lot of other Gundams have trouble with.

(I've never watched miller's report so I haven't seen the RX-79 G in action)

bzm

Big throws by Haly's Spec.

Only 470 GPM as well. Fuuuuu. Needed to rush Midas instead.

BZM FORGIVE ME, I HAVE SINNED.

im disappointed that you forgot rule #1 of play carry: blame team.
You even had the perfect scapegoat in sanjay!

Calidor

Bane tomorrow YES! finally something else I love to play besides Nevermore... If only Lycan was in I'll have my 3 favorite heroes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom