• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen charged with killing her boyfriend during a failed YouTube stunt

this tweet is a little too convenient for this conspiracy theorist

sub-buzz-25452-1498672024-8.png

If she did intend to murder him...how did she get so lucky that she was with the dumbest mother fucker on the face of the planet?

Beartruck

I've seen videos of gun-enthusiasts who wouldn't even risk getting shot while wearing a bulletproof vest and yet they attempted this stunt WITH A BOOK AND A .50 CAL?!

Did they just assume that it'd work for them because it worked for Teddy Roosevelt?
It didn't even work for Teddy. The bullet went through a triple folded speech and a steel glasses case and it still cracked a rib.

Fury451

Banned
A Desert Eagle is like one of the shittiest handguns in the world for anything other than collectors or showing off. It's huge, unwieldy, and when chambered with a .50 kicks like a mofo. You shouldn't be fucking around with one to be begin with unless you're experienced with firearms.

This is sad, especially since it was 100% avoidable.

RMI

Banned
is it bad that i want to see a video series of this gun shooting progressively thicker and thicker books from a foot away until one can actually stop it?

Javaman

Everyone keeps claiming that a foot away is crazy, but the difference is negligible, even up to a couple of hundred yards. There's going to be very little difference in impact at a foot or 30. Shooting at a close range was the only smart thing they did, since it meant a much less likey chance to miss.

Moze

Banned
Some of the replies in here are disgusting. Talking about how nothing of value was lost and natural selection in action. It's almost like some of you enjoy seeing people in such an awful situation.

Anteo

I mean... I dont have any problem with the idea of a video where someone stops a .50 bullet with a book, that could bring viewers. But you dont use a fucking real pistol and bullet on a fucking real book. Thats what special effects and video editing is for.

Even if the book could stop the bullet, What if you miss the book?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
should have used a bible I'm quite sure that would have worked.

Mission accomplished.

And considering he's 22, they must have been trying to build their channel with limited success for a while. If this stunt was successful and he didn't get hurt I can't help but wonder how much their channel would have grown. 300 subscribers? 400 subscribers?

roytheone

Here's a video where it goes through one side of a fridge, through two watermelons, through the other side of the fridge, then explodes a watermelon on the other side.

https://youtu.be/hNyujokAzwc

You with think that if you do something this dangerous, the absolute FUCKING MINIMUM you could do is take 5 seconds to youtube this shit and then you would realize: yeah, this is a dumb fucking idea. They didn't even do that????

Griss

I always feel bad for people so stupid they get seriously hurt. No one chooses to be unintelligent, and there's definitely a genetic component to it. I'm not sure why so many are willing to suspend their empathy for a person if they fall below some standard of intelligence.

Imagine what that poor girl felt like when her boyfriend's chest assumedly exploded in front of her, totally (to her) unexpectedly. It's as tragic as it is stupid, that's all I'm saying. Not to mention the poor kid left without a father who has to learn one day that their mom killed their dad in a moment of spectacular idiocy.

I find Darwin award talk really distasteful, personally. I mean, I know we don't know these people and people die every day, so go ahead if that floats your boat, I just don't like it, personally.

bosseye

Idiotic. Sad, but idiotic.

To be fair if you're this stupid, chances are death was only one bad idea away at all times, something else would have got him soon most likely.

Z3M0G

Did they... did they test this first?

Idiotic. Sad, but idiotic.

To be fair if you're this stupid, chances are death was only one bad idea away at all times, something else would have got him soon most likely.

So true when you think about it...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I feel like the guy must have watched one of those fake youtube videos where people stop bullets with ordinary objects so he decided to try it himself. Yeesh.

I always feel bad for people so stupid they get seriously hurt. No one chooses to be unintelligent, and there's definitely a genetic component to it. I'm not sure why so many are willing to suspend their empathy for a person if they fall below some standard of intelligence.

Imagine what that poor girl felt like when her boyfriend's chest assumedly exploded in front of her, totally (to her) unexpectedly. It's as tragic as it is stupid, that's all I'm saying. Not to mention the poor kid left without a father who has to learn one day that their mom killed their dad in a moment of spectacular idiocy.

I find Darwin award talk really distasteful, personally. I mean, I know we don't know these people and people die every day, so go ahead if that floats your boat, I just don't like it, personally.

I think a lack of intelligence leading to death is always sad but becomes less tragic if that ignorance leads to one being more reckless rather than more careful.

Some of the replies in here are disgusting. Talking about how nothing of value was lost and natural selection in action. It's almost like some of you enjoy seeing people in such an awful situation.

Dude Darwinism haha amiritie or amirite
don't need an /s do I
Real shame this happened. RIP

Top Bottom