• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail coming to Steam

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Had a look at some screenshots... I'm pleased it's coming to PC, but I'm kind of surprised he cut a deal with Microsoft instead of Sony for a game like this. Seems like more PSN material.

It was built from XNA and submitted to Dream-Build-Play, Sony does not seemed to have ever factored in the equation.

Grief.exe

It will most likely be Steamworks.

The last 5 Microsoft published games on PC have been Steamworks.

I haven't seen an entry on the database yet, but if its an April release that would be awesome.

Some guy on the stream just said, 'first thing I want to say is Dust is one of the best Metroidvania games I've ever played.'

This is why I'm excited for this game coming to Steam.

It's funny seeing the posts that summer of arcade and XBLA is dead because of year late ports.

No need to diss a platform, just be happy you get to play a good game.

jbug617

Banned
It's funny seeing the posts that summer of arcade and XBLA is dead because of year late ports.

Some good looking XBLA games are coming out soon.

Lococycle
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
Battleblock Theater

triggaz

Banned

Yeah Gaf is getting gross with the rampant fanboyism lately. I guess xbla is the only platform where you are allowed to port beg here. Not saying this thread is a port beg thread.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Anyways, yeah, I'm really looking forward to playing this. Hopefully it'll be released in April so it can party together with Fez on my Steam games list.

Yeah Gaf is getting gross with the rampant fanboyism lately. I guess xbla is the only platform where you are allowed to port beg here. Not saying this thread is a port beg thread.

Heh.

Hana-Bi

Well, I think for small studios the possibility to release console exclusive on XBLA and then put your game on steam is really attractive.

If this will be the standard for XBLA 720 then we can see lots of great indie games on the 720.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Did Noogy say if he's changing the art at all?

That seemed to put a lot of folks off before, so much so they wouldn't event try the game.

Seda

That seemed to put a lot of folks off before, so much so they wouldn't event try the game.

No, the trailer shown was basically the same as the one for XBLA. (some of the trailer voice over dialogue may have been slightly different)

this one

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ooooooh cool. Any impressions from those who've played this before? I only know the art is fantastic and that's it.

It's a really good Metroidvania-type title, although it's pretty easy. I played on Normal and it wasn't even remotely challenging. I haven't tried the higher difficulties.

I'd rather hope he doesn't buckle to that. Seems like a dumb reason to pass on a game and it seems like it would be their loss if that was the only factor.

Labadal

The game was great. Combat did get a bit repetitive near the end, but the final battle was still very fun. Didn't have much to complain about other than Fidget's annoying voice.

Kerub

Banned
Good news for non-360 owners.

It's weird how XBLA was an absolute monster 2-3 years ago, and now almost all of its games can be found elsewhere. Castle Crashers, Braid, Dust, Fez, Mark of the Ninja, Geometry Wars, the list goes on. I used to tell people that you absolutely had to have a 360 for XBLA, but now, not so much.

That's very expected. If you have a 360 and a PC, you'll almost always have to decide if you want the game early on 360 or wait and get the PC version later.

oh great valves drm infecting another pure independent game with heart so that it can sell it to the meatbags that worship the company

Well, I think for small studios the possibility to release console exclusive on XBLA and then put your game on steam is really attractive.

If this will be the standard for XBLA 720 then we can see lots of great indie games on the 720.

It will most likely be the opposite next gen. Getting on Steam is far more attractive to indie devs than XBLA at this point. Microsoft really dropped the ball.

Garjon

Oh yes, I've been quietly anticipating this game ever since I saw it at E3 (just before the disappointment 5 minutes later)

Top Bottom