• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fishing Resort new trailer [Wii/XSEED/Prope] - open-world fishing

rpmurphy

Just watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bx6mHolOwc

Gameplay trailer and GameStop demo:
H.Protagonist said:
Check out the first trailer, then: Fishing Gameplay

The music really is pretty soothing...

If you want to see a more detailed take on the actual mechanics of catching the fish, the GameSpot demo shows me catching a few as I run around trying to buy my sweet pirate hat.

GameSpot Daily Demo

F57RM.jpg

ClkOO.jpg

JHYK1.jpg

More screens: http://www.nintendogal.com/2011/11/09/fishing-resort-goes-gold-trailer/9381/

EDIT:

EDIT2:
Ah! I forgot to post this yesterday. We have a final trailer giving a tour of the island and showing off that creepily realistic fish-wiggle movement you see when you catch one. O_O

Penangkapan Tourism Bureau Trailer

We might have had a little too much fun with that one. ^_^

Shame that not many are giving Fishing Resort a look. It might be a little late in the Wiis life, but it really is a great game. Having played 100+ hours, I should know. :p

luffeN

H.Protagonist said:

Shame that not many are giving Fishing Resort a look. It might be a little late in the Wiis life, but it really is a great game. Having played 100+ hours, I should know. :p
It would have been nice to actually, you know, show some fishing :D

H.Protagonist said:

Now that I know you work for XSEED, prepare for me to annoy you with "Games you should bring to America!" :p

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I forget, does this use motion plus? And whether it does or not, is it as fun as Twilight Princess fishing? I loved taking the boat and stopping to fish where I want in that one.

MidnightScott said:
Now that I know you work for XSEED, prepare for me to annoy you with "Games you should bring to America!" :p

Go for it! We have a "Suggestions" section on our forums for just this thing, so we're totally open to ideas you guys have. Hell, I just recommended "Adventure Bar In Wonderland" for us to do. :p I'll hear whatever you have, but let's not derail this thread.

XSEED Forums "Suggestions" Thread

Shiggy said:
Is this coming to Europe?

We aren't involved with that at all, I'm afraid. That would be up to Namco.

Wool

I was a big fan of the fishing in Nier, this looks like it'd be right up my alley. I wish the trailer had shown a fish or anything related to the activity of catching them though.

Alextended said:
I forget, does this use motion plus? And whether it does or not, is it as fun as Twilight Princess fishing? I loved taking the boat and stopping to fish where I want in that one.

Yup! It does and with this game, anywhere there's water pretty much you can cast out a line. You can fish off docks, boats, kayaks, a cruiser, go ice-fishing, jungle fishing (piranhas!), lake fishing, there are rivers and a cave area where you can catch this --->
TVaRgl.jpg

Tons of locations in this game and 200+ fish. Most fun QA-ing a game that I've ever had.

binary

I've always wanted to play an open world/online fishing game since Fishing Live Online was announced all those years ago for Xbox. Shame it was never released...

fishing_screen003.jpg

The Lamp

H.Protagonist said:
Yup! It does and with this game, anywhere there's water pretty much you can cast out a line. You can fish off docks, boats, kayaks, a cruiser, go ice-fishing, jungle fishing (piranhas!), lake fishing, there are rivers and a cave area where you can catch this --->
TVaRgl.jpg

Tons of locations in this game and 200+ fish. Most fun QA-ing a game that I've ever had.

WTF IS THAT

rdelaney said:
I was a big fan of the fishing in Nier, this looks like it'd be right up my alley. I wish the trailer had shown a fish or anything related to the activity of catching them though.

Check out the first trailer, then: Fishing Gameplay

The music really is pretty soothing...

If you want to see a more detailed take on the actual mechanics of catching the fish, the GameSpot demo shows me catching a few as I run around trying to buy my sweet pirate hat.

GameSpot Daily Demo

The Lamp said:
WTF IS THAT

The...KING OF HERRINGS! Seriously. ^_^

maquiladora said:
They should have changed the title to Walk Your Character Around Different Locations in A Variety Of Costumes Resort.

Well, since the focal point of the game is the fishing, we just wanted to show the other fun stuff you could do and all the locations you could do it in. Maybe it's just me, but I was secretly amused to fish while wearing a ninja suit and rabbit ears. It's a silly, casual, but nicely executed title. Yuji Naka did well with this game.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Wow, one of the many videos/media of the game doesn't actually show fishing, let's keep talking about that, fun for the whole family!

Gonna have to see what other people who liked TP fishing think of this be4 considering purchase (in Europe so not through XSEED?) though :)

a176 said:
... is there actually fishing in this or do you just walk around all the time

LOTS of fishing. 200+ fish, bait fishing, lures, trolling, etc. We've done demos and releases on the actual fishing aspects of the game, so we were having a bit more fun in the trailers just showing off the costumes/locales. In the latest trailer we did all walking for a reason... (can you guess?) :D

Alextended said:
Wow, one of the many videos/media of the game doesn't actually show fishing, let's keep talking about that, fun for the whole family!

Gonna have to see what other people who liked TP fishing think of this be4 considering purchase though :)

No worries. ^_^ A fully researched game = confident purchase. Maybe I can throw some pure fishing footage up on our youtube account next week to help you out.

rpmurphy

Error Macro said:
Oh, for crying out loud... Could the OP edit the first post and add the links to the Gameplay Trailer and the Gamespot video?
Done!

The game looks awesome by the way. Interesting though that BNamco published this and Go Vacation which has the similar open-world theme.

Thanks, rpmurphy! The game IS pretty damn good. I know you guys can't exactly trust my word as I'm obviously biased, but from a person who doesn't own a Wii and has never owned anything remotely casual (I'm more an RPG/FPS gamer), I really had fun with it. It's such a relaxing and well-constructed game. I tend to OCD when I play RPG games, so the fish collecting (Aquarium)/costume/rod accessories really appealed to me on a level where I didn't expect to have any crossover elements with a casual game. It's just uncomplicated fun.

Anyway...we also have a website! I know when it comes out there'll be an OT with all the goods, but the site might give you guys more info to go on before the release is imminent, and pre-orders are always welcome. ;)

Fishing Resort Website

Ichor said:
I want it so bad. I thought Skyward Sword would be my last Wii game, I guess not.

Victory! There's also the regular $19.99 version to ease your crying wallets, but the bundle version is such a deal that I can't help but recommend it...

BKK said:
It's a tiddler!

:D That's a way better name than "King of Herrings."

You can also catch one of these in Fishing Resort:

J8Knnl.jpg
LZvvr.jpg

[Alligator Gar]

This game is just full of monsters...

24FrameDaVinci said:
Just watched the gameplay video and :lol @ the bullshots...PS3/360 fishing games don't even look that good.

It is astoundingly good-looking for a Wii title. You should see the game when you go night fishing (the weather changes in the game and day fades to night). Stars are scattered across a sky that's dominated by an aurora borealis-like effect and shooting stars twinkle as they fall. O_O

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm really looking forward to this one. I won't buy the fishing rod bundle, though. International shipping would go through the roof.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Wait, so this game has MotionPlus support? Every time I've seen this game mentioned I've questioned the lack of M+ support, and it turns out it was there all along and no-one bothered to mention it? Way to make me look like an idiot, XSEED. NO SALE.

(so buying this)

Damn, Combine this with Go Vacation and you have the be all end all resort game.

Make this combination a sequel for Wii U using the uMote as a depth finder & GPS and it just doesn't get any better than that.

I'm not that into fishing, but I might pick this up because I have some friends who are.

Berksy

I find myself finishing Demon's Souls one day, playing Hot Shots Golf another and now interested in this? My gaming taste getting awkwardly diverse lol.

Sorry for the late replies, guys. I had recording all week and was thus tearfully parted from gaf for far too long.

Anyway...

@MUWANdo said:
Wait, so this game has MotionPlus support? Every time I've seen this game mentioned I've questioned the lack of M+ support, and it turns out it was there all along and no-one bothered to mention it? Way to make me look like an idiot, XSEED. NO SALE.

(so buying this)

Sorry! I'll be sure to emphasize that for its upcoming release!

And...
YAY for the buying!

dallow_bg said:
Yup. That's mine.

Hooking up the Wii for XSEED

Yes! Success!

LOL, nice subtle GTA UK ad reference (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeUVKw6s5ng)

Been looking forward to this one for a while. I hope that I can get it without the fishing rod though, it would cost a fortune to ship over to the UK!

You definitely can. It'll be sold as game-only for $19.99. But...the fishing rod is pretty sweet. ^_-

hteng said:
what happened to actually going out and fishing?

Yeah... I feel ya. I love fishing and, even though I want this game to sell, I feel like pushing the little children out the door and into nature. Go fish, young ones! With nature! So, basically this game is for us lazy, older bastards who never make it out into the sunlight (it burrrrrrrnssss!). ^_^

BlackNMild2k1 said:
Damn, Combine this with Go Vacation and you have the be all end all resort game.

Make this combination a sequel for Wii U using the uMote as a depth finder & GPS and it just doesn't get any better than that.

I'm not that into fishing, but I might pick this up because I have some friends who are.

They might really enjoy it then. The hooking/reeling action can give you a helluva a challenge with the bigger guys. I fought one of those alligator-looking things in the photos for almost 15 mins one time because the crazy bastard kept the gauge in the red-orange 99% of the time and I had get my reels in during those 1% windows without breaking the line. He was an 11-footer, though, so I was much pleased. :)

Berksy said:
I find myself finishing Demon's Souls one day, playing Hot Shots Golf another and now interested in this? My gaming taste getting awkwardly diverse lol.

Don't be embarrassed. Mine's gone the same way too. I love Halo/CoD, and then I love me some farming in Rune Factory: Frontier. :)

Top Bottom