• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

DJ owners, are you guys holding or dropping him in redraft? 2-3 months is a long time and Arians said not til Week 16.

Dropped like a sack of Cutlers.

That's too long to hold onto someone without an IR slot. If the Cards are not in the playoff hunt by then they may just shut him down anyway.

Hazelhurst

Dropped like a sack of Cutlers.

That's too long to hold onto someone without an IR slot. If the Cards are not in the playoff hunt by then they may just shut him down anyway.

Yep, if Cardinals look like they're missing the playoffs don't expect DJ back until next season. Cardinals could end up competing with the Jets for Sam Darnold.

Welp there it is, Tarik Cohen price in my league was 84% FAAB. Just insane amounts

Gonna sit back with Buck Allen and wait on better deals...

Jarnet87

I picked up Golladay (was 3/14) . Surprised I got him, Cohen was taken 1 on the ww. Went for Golladay over Allen just because Woodhead will be back in 4-6 (though he's bound to get injured again at this point). now I just need to drop someone between Woodhead, Burkhead and Zay Jones. I think I will just drop Butkhead knowing he will ball out this week but that backfield is just a mess. I have too much bench depth to deal with that headache every week.

I picked up Golladay (was 3/14) . Surprised I got him, Cohen was taken 1 on the ww. Went for Golladay over Allen just because Woodhead will be back in 4-6 (though he's bound to get injured again at this point). now I just need to drop someone between Woodhead, Burkhead and Zay Jones. I think I will just drop Butkhead knowing he will ball out this week but that backfield is just a mess. I have too much bench depth to deal with that headache every week.

It's such a mess that I wouldn't put it past Belichick to change things up and suddenly have LeGarrette Blount come in on short yardage.

Despite the fact that he plays for the Eagles.

Got Cohen AND Golladay

Yoink
200w.gif

There was some fuckery with the waiver wire positions (I was 4 at first but after it got corrected, I was 2) and the #1 guy went straight for Kerwynn

Everyone in my league picked up all the waiver wire targets so I'm settling for not replacing Robinson with another WR for now and picked up the Raiders dst (vs Jets) off FA since my defense - Patriots - are on the road vs New Orleans this week.

There was some fuckery with the waiver wire positions (I was 4 at first but after it got corrected, I was 2) and the #1 guy went straight for Kerwynn
I hate seeing you happy Bronson..

I grabbed Carson at 12 and dropped CJ Fiedorowicz and Zay Jones for Alvin Kamara and Austin Hooper..

Maybe I can trade for Tarik? :(

UberTag

Everyone in my league picked up all the waiver wire targets so I'm settling for not replacing Robinson with another WR for now and picked up the Raiders dst (vs Jets) off FA since my defense - Patriots - are on the road vs New Orleans this week.
Man, you'd think they'd at least let you have Hurns. Bunch of meanie bo beanies they are.

foppy79

Got Golladay off wavers, kinda contemplating starting him over Tate, but I don't know if I want to put my chips into 4th quarter Stafford

ended up with ravens d and buck allen

everyone in my work league went wild for every single cardinals rb(all of them were picked up except the guy off of the patriots practice squad)

now to figure before sunday who to pick up for a kicker (I dropped adam v. for buck allen since the colts are fucking awful without luck)

Kerwynn went for 55 FAAB in my league. I dropped 40 on him hoping I can add him for depth or trade bait.

I dropped Burkhead lol, I might pick him back up but idk. I have Eddy Lacy keeping my bench nice and warm but I also have Prosise there too so I'm considering dropping Lacy and maybe picking up Burkhead again.

Servbot24

Banned
Got Cohen and Buck Allen... now to wait and see if someone will bite on my Alshon Jeffrey + Jack Doyle for Devonta Freeman trade

gutshot

Well I won the Cohen sweepstakes in my money league, despite 6 people being ahead of me in waivers. One of whom was owned Jordan Howard.

The only person who used a waiver ahead of me used it to pick up Kerwynn Williams. That guy has won the league 2 out of the last 3 years though, so now I'm starting to wonder if I should have grabbed Williams instead of Cohen.

Should I propose this trade? I need RB depth but I'm stacked at WR.

I'm looking to trade Tyrell Williams for Cohen.

Currently my WR are

Dez
Tyrell Williams
Adam Thielen
Garcon
Hogan
Conley
Britt

My RBs are

Gordon
Fournette
Lacy
Prosise.

Picked up Ravens defense, Giorgio Tavecchio and Alvin Kamara.

QB Carson Wentz
RB Ty Montgomery
RB Kareem Hunt
WR Odell Beckham
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Pierre Garcon
TE Travis Kelce
F/x DeMarco Murray
F/x Kyle Rudolph
K Giorgio Tavecchio
Def Baltimore Ravens

Bench
--------
QB Dak Prescott
RB CJ Prosise
RB Tevin Coleman
RB Alvin Kamara
WR Kenny Stills
WR Sammy Watkins

phanphare

Banned
all in on the sam bradford express! choo choo motherfuckers!

but seriously his schedule pairs really well with mariota's through like week 8. mariota at jacksonville this week, bradford vs. tampa and detroit week 3 and 4, mariota at miami then vs. indy and cleveland week 5, 6, and 7, bradford at cleveland week 8

then I'll reassess

all in on the sam bradford express! choo choo motherfuckers!

but seriously his schedule pairs really well with mariota's through like week 8. mariota at jacksonville this week, bradford vs. tampa and detroit week 3 and 4, mariota at miami then vs. indy and cleveland week 5, 6, and 7, bradford at cleveland week 8

then I'll reassess

Lmao you have Mariotta and Bradford?

High five, that's my tandem as well.

I am all in on Bradford until Cousins shows me he isn't shit this year, Bradford is super efficient and has a great receiver core now and is a Viking so he automatically wins

So my work league fell asleep at the wheel or something. Despite never watching football, this being my first time playing a fantasy league and having a terrible waiver spot, I was able to get Cohen, Williams, Kupp, and replace Hunter Henry with Jason Witten.

Now, because I still really have no idea on what I'm doing, any advice on who to start?

RB:
Lesean McCoy
Mike Gillislee
CJ Anderson
Thomas Rawls
Tarik Cohen
Kerwynn Williams

WR:
Doug Baldwin
Adam Thielen
Terelle Pryor Sr
Jarvis Landry
Cooper Kupp

I also figure I'll need to eventually drop a couple for a backup QB or something. Any tips there?

bigkrev

Stream Defense: Houston, Cinci, or Tampa?
Houston and Cinci feel weird because they are, you know, playing eachother this week!

So my work league fell asleep at the wheel or something. Despite never watching football, this being my first time playing a fantasy league and having a terrible waiver spot, I was able to get Cohen, Williams, Kupp, and replace Hunter Henry with Jason Witten.

Now, because I still really have no idea on what I'm doing, any advice on who to start?

RB:
Lesean McCoy
Mike Gillislee
CJ Anderson
Thomas Rawls
Tarik Cohen
Kerwynn Williams

WR:
Doug Baldwin
Adam Thielen
Terelle Pryor Sr
Jarvis Landry
Cooper Kupp

I also figure I'll need to eventually drop a couple for a backup QB or something. Any tips there?

Assuming it's 2/2/Flex:

RB: McCoy and Gillislee
WR: Baldwin and Thielen
Flex: Cohen or Anderson

McBryBry

Guy is asking me about Mark Ingram. Not sure what I would take, if anything. 10 team standard, 2WR 2RB 1TE 2Flex

I have; QB Brady
WR: Julio, AJ Green, Jarvis, Desean, Golden Gate, Rishard Matthews
RB: McCaffrey, CJA, Ingram, Terrance West, Jamaal Charles, Chris Johnson (who I'm trying to drop for Cobb)
TE: Bennett

Him: QB Rodgers
WR: K Benjamin, Mike Evans, DeVante Parker, Tyrell Williams, Moncrief, Agholar
RB: Murray, Gilislee, K Williams, Perkins, Kelley, James White
TE: Kelce

I'm so ready for this OBJ drama to be over though.

Do I keep him in? Do I sub in Sammy Watkins?

IS HE PLAYING MONDAY???

GOD DAMMIT ODELL.

Edit: Sammy Watkins has Josh Norman, nevermind this. I'll live or die by the OBJ status.

Tom Nook

RB:
Lesean McCoy
Mike Gillislee
CJ Anderson
Thomas Rawls
Tarik Cohen
Kerwynn Williams

WR:
Doug Baldwin
Adam Thielen
Terelle Pryor Sr
Jarvis Landry
Cooper Kupp

My suggestion.

Servbot24

Banned
My trade propositions aren't going through so it looks like I'll be starting Gillislee and Cohen at this rate... feelin pretty nervous :<

TylerD

Dropped Kenny Britt for DeSean Jackson, Adam Vinatieri for Giorgio Tavecchio and Frank Gore for Tarik Cohen. Should probably go ahead and drop Luck and pick up someone to go with Mariota for now.

I see Sammy B available! Should I join the party?

8 team league by the way

I'll be starting Jackson for T.Y. Hilton this week cause Colts are a dumpster fire.

Jarlaxle

I picked up Cohen on waivers.

I have Cousins as QB and don't really trust him right now. Bradford and Rivers are both available. I'm leaning towards Rivers right now since he has a more favorable matchup this week. Who should I grab?

Also, I'm concerned with my defense. I had the Patriots and they screwed me last week so I am trying to choose between Cincinatti, Baltimore, and Jacksonville which are all available. The Bengals defense is projected the highest this week (9 points). What do you think?

Tom Nook

Dropped Kenny Britt for DeSean Jackson, Adam Vinatieri for Giorgio Tavecchio and Frank Gore for Tarik Cohen. Should probably go ahead and drop Luck and pick up someone to go with Mariota for now.

I see Sammy B available! Should I join the party?

8 team league by the way

I'll be starting Jackson for T.Y. Hilton this week cause Colts are a dumpster fire.

I thinking about doing this too. There are plenty of good potential players in the WW still available and Luck is taken up space.

Put in claims for Golladay and Cohen and got Cohen. I'm ok with that because I feel good at WR (OBJ, Jordy Nelson, and Keenan Allen...and Maclin looked good last week but we'll see).

My question is whether or not to stream defenses. I have Denver but Dallas can put up the points and typically secures the ball well. Should I pick up the Raiders or Ravens (leaning towards the Raiders if I do) and stream? I can drop Hunter Henry for them, I'm fine with Delanie Walker until his bye.

MBison

Put in claims for Golladay and Cohen and got Cohen. I'm ok with that because I feel good at WR (OBJ, Jordy Nelson, and Keenan Allen...and Maclin looked good last week but we'll see).

My question is whether or not to stream defenses. I have Denver but Dallas can put up the points and typically secures the ball well. Should I pick up the Raiders or Ravens (leaning towards the Raiders if I do) and stream? I can drop Hunter Henry for them, I'm fine with Delanie Walker until his bye.

How are the Ravens still available. Get.

will have to probably flip a coin sunday morning if i want to drop either jamaal williams or buck allen for a kicker

i wish i didn't draft andrew luck or had another bench spot

ugh

leaning buck allen since our league isn't ppr but bleh

Ursn

Got Cohen and Golladay in my league. Any suggestions on starters or comments on my team are welcome.

QBs
Carr
Wilson

WRs
Green
Cooper
Beckham
Cobb
Galloday

RBs
Montgomery
Lynch
Gillislee
Cohen

TEs
Bennett
Kelce

Kicker
Vinatieri

Def
Seattle

Got Cohen and Golladay in my league. Any suggestions on starters or comments on my team are welcome.

QBs
Carr
Wilson

Carr, I fear Wilson may run into what Cam ran into last week, where the 49ers don't do anything, so Seattle can just run the clock out after the 1st quarter.

WRs
Green
Cooper
Beckham
Cobb
Galloday

I don't know how many you start, if 2, then Green/Cooper, if 3 I'd toss Galloday and then replace him with OBJ if he starts on Monday, that way you're covered either way.

RBs
Montgomery
Lynch
Gillislee
Cohen

Montgomery for sure. Feel like Lynch might get a TD and 60 yards. Gillislee could get 2 TDs or nothing. Cohen would probably be safe if in a PPR league.

TEs
Bennett
Kelce

Probably Kelce.

Kicker
Vinatieri

Get a new kicker. Anyone else really. F the Colts until Luck returns.

Def
Seattle

Solid.

juicyb

Managed to pick up Williams off waivers for my RB starved team. Pretty happy. The guy right before me grabbed Cohen.

Team comp:
QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Jay Ajayi
RB - Kerwynn Williams
WR - A.J. Green
WR - Davante Adams
TE - Kyle Rudolph
W/R - Kelvin Benjamin
K - Cairo Santos
DEF - Rams

Bench:
QB - Matt Stafford
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - Jeremy Hill
RB - Jamaal Williams
TE - Eric Ebron
WR - Jamison Crowder

Any thoughts on if I should swap someone from my bench to starters or drop someone for a better op?

Also someone in my league dropped Gabriel and I'm wondering if I should drop Benjamin for him

Top Bottom