• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

What a twiiiiiist.

I was on an RP server Alliance. I went into stormwind and started crying. A night elf lady came up to me and asked me what was wrong. So i gave her a sob story of how I was "robbed" outside the gates. I lured her out to a farm nearby. My friend was a horde and waiting behind the place.

I managed to convince her to take off her weapon. Still not convinced I saw an enemy NPC nearby and chased after it. As soon I turn around my friend is dead and she has another friend with her, a 110 Paladin. He tells me my vile ways are over and I should prepare to die.

Needless to say that was fucking epic.

He don't even know if I am. I don't even use a girl character. He literally gave me a shit ton of stuff for nothing. He gave all the "girls" in our guild stuff.

RP servers are legit haha, they'll hunt you down!

Rambaldi

Hey NeoGAF. Any tips on trying to find a legitimate guild? Im still relatively new to the game but had my guild of friends fall out and everyone's gone. Still learning a lot about the game but would still like help even if it means server transferring.

I'm on Proudmoore ATM.

I run a "casual progression" horde guild on Hyjal (US) called Classy. I'd say we're pretty cool and we're pretty outgoing and friendly.

lazygecko

Is it just me or is flame shock really fucking prone to getting dispeled by your allies debuffs on the same target? This is really starting to piss me off how often my flame shock just seems to inexplicably disappear in PvP without any enemy healers around.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If I have Pathfinder Part 1 there's nothing really stopping me from changing mains in 7.2 other than gear/legendaries, right?

lazygecko

I think I'm going to take this discount opportunity to realm transfer to a PvP realm. I'm just looking for a community where it's easy to find guilds that engage in casual PvP. Any recommendations? Both PvP and RPPvP is fine (US Horde).

v1perz53

Man I am not lucky with druids. Playing my 2nd druid now (my main is very invested in Guardian, wanted to play other specs, and I really like druid) and I've been 110 for 3 weeks now, doing a tremendous amount of legendary eligible content (finished all the treasures/rares acheiv on this toon and those can drop legendaries) and I still don't have my first. Maybe it is for the best though, who knows if the way they're changing things to be spec specific in 7.2 will mean I am better off not getting one until then.

Also my god, I've been avoiding LFR in NH since my main doesn't need the gear or legendaries, but my god it is just as bad as Mythic, in that the first wing (first 3 bosses) are a joke then suddenly every boss after has double the HP and mechanics that can easily wipe you even in LFR if one or two people don't know what to do. NH has got to have some of the worst difficulty scaling/harshest difficulty spike in any raid in a long time.

I think I'm going to take this discount opportunity to realm transfer to a PvP realm. I'm just looking for a community where it's easy to find guilds that engage in casual PvP. Any recommendations? Both PvP and RPPvP is fine (US Horde).

As I've said before about this topic, I really cannot recommend playing on a PvP realm at all in Legion unless you enjoy ganking people who have no chance and ruining other people's days (and I've played on nothing but PvP realms since the day WoW launched in Vanilla), and there are plenty of PvP focused players on PvE realms. There is just no upside to it in Legion, blizzard has absolutely failed to balance the populations at all when making their connected realms/shards, so you will never have good world fights, either you will way outnumber the enemy or you will be way outnumbered and camped at every FP. But if you really do want to go to a PvP realm the main thing I recommend is make sure you are playing the majority faction on that cross realm group, or you will simply never be able to accomplish any world content without realm hopping.

Rambaldi

So since we'll most likely be getting an expansion announcement at Blizzcon what does everyone think it will be? What I'm hoping for (and the most obvious choice) is an Old Gods feat. Azshara expansion. Hopefully it'll be a tropical island/ocean/ruins themed party.

Nudull

Banned
So since we'll most likely be getting an expansion announcement at Blizzcon what does everyone think it will be? What I'm hoping for (and the most obvious choice) is an Old Gods feat. Azshara expansion. Hopefully it'll be a tropical island/ocean/ruins themed party.

I'd be down for a Lovecraftian-themed expansion. We've already gotten a new class in Legion, so outside of whatever races are left that could maybe be made playable, I don't expect too much else.

Never thought I'd be so stoked to hit Draenor content but I finally finished skipping my DK through Hellfire Peninsula, the Borean Tundra, Mount Hyjal and The Jade Forrest while spamming the dungeon queue. Can't wait to finish the Tanaan intro sequence, get into Frostfire Ridge and to my garrison. Best thing about rolling a Death Knight was simply being able to completely skip Vanilla content.

Maybe try an RP server by leveling a toon for a bit before committing to a transfer. There are guilds that seem to be really invested in PVP and WPVP on RP servers. But being a PVE server, the PVP is something you can opt out of doing when you want to do something like WQ's, gather or do plain old fashioned questing without getting face rolled.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

They are dropping lots of hints of a N'zoth/Azshara expansion. And, unpopular opinion but I really want another underwater zone like Vashj'ir.

New class/race combos as well. Not sure if we will get new races but if we do I would love Ogre for Horde and Naga for Alliance.

Emerald Dream would be a good choice - fairly even between H&A (leans Horde, slightly), lot of World PvP, solid rated PvP community. It's RPPvP but no one really RPs outside of small communities. I've played Alliance on it for the past several years and it's one of my favorite servers I've played on because of the relative equality between the factions. Plenty of guilds on Horde.
just tell me who you are so I don't gank you

Bleeding Hollow is a similar one in terms of World PvP, but it's heavily Horde (less important with cross-realm, but still). Tichondrius is always there, too, as the biggest PvP server but I might call it more "serious" than "casual."

legacy servhahahah sorry couldnt help it

Even if I don't share the sentiment, particularly about Vanilla content, I get wanting to play specific content as if it was current. Or at least so your level doesn't completely trivialise the content.

Time Walking dungeons are sort of a step in the right direction, as is Legions PVE scaling. They could sort of address some of that desire to make old content sort of relevant by applying Legion's level scaling to the game as a whole. And it would be pretty great if they were able to somehow do some sort of Time Walking equivalent for legacy raids. It would be nice to be able to play through The Black Temple with a group of other players and without your level and gear completely trivialising the content.

Hugstable

Banned
So hit level 110 today and now on Quest and new info overload. Though after seeing what Artifact Knowledge is now, I feel like spending time and killing those Star Rares that drop AP tokens was a waste since if I waited I would have gotten way more points due to increased Artifact Knowledge.

Also question, just raised my Artifact Knowledge to Level 9 since I heard it was important and was the most I could get since they are 500 resources each. Got like 700 resources left for missions and stuff. What's a good/quick way to stock up on resources so I can get my artifact level up higher.

Ohhh I finally used all my AP tokens on my Restro Shammy artifact, and holy crap after hitting the 1000 AP cost talent the AP cost jumped up a crazy amount. Went from like 1000 AP a trait to ~6800 or so O_O

ch0mp

Is it just me or is flame shock really fucking prone to getting dispeled by your allies debuffs on the same target? This is really starting to piss me off how often my flame shock just seems to inexplicably disappear in PvP without any enemy healers around.
There's a lot of classes (monks, hunters, demon hunterss, etc) that use CC abilities as interrupts/stuns/roots or whatever, and these abilities also happen to clear debuffs so the cc doesn't break. Super annoying as a dot class.

v1perz53

Man, after spending the day trying to get the fishing artifact, I do NOT understand how these rare fish lures work. Going to a zone, I typically get ~2-3 of the lures near instantly, then never get them at all for like an hour, then suddenly get 1-2, then back to none. No idea if there is some weird restriction on how often you can get them or how many you can have but it isn't clear at all.

So hit level 110 today and now on Quest and new info overload. Though after seeing what Artifact Knowledge is now, I feel like spending time and killing those Star Rares that drop AP tokens was a waste since if I waited I would have gotten way more points due to increased Artifact Knowledge.

Also question, just raised my Artifact Knowledge to Level 9 since I heard it was important and was the most I could get since they are 500 resources each. Got like 700 resources left for missions and stuff. What's a good/quick way to stock up on resources so I can get my artifact level up higher.

Ohhh I finally used all my AP tokens on my Restro Shammy artifact, and holy crap after hitting the 1000 AP cost talent the AP cost jumped up a crazy amount. Went from like 1000 AP a trait to ~6800 or so O_O

Pretty much for your first toon the only way to get order resources is to do World Quests. Talk to Khadgar in Dalaran and he will unlock them and give you an AWESOME whistle item that ports you to the nearest flight point on a 5 min CD. Typical WQs give 300-600 resources, so it isn't too hard to get them, collect enough to get to AK 15 asap since everything you do is technically wasted AP if you don't have that.

And it was a slight waste killing the star rares pre 110, but also the amount of AP they give is trivial compared to other sources, so it doesn't really matter. WQs at my level of AK award ~80,000 AP while a star rare drops ~8,000. Which also has to do with what you said about how expensive the points get. They are quite expensive, but you also get a ton more AP at higher AK levels so it all kind of filters out. Points past ~40 can cost over a million AP per point.

Corpekata

Banned
Order resources for typically from world quests and a chance reward from daily emissary packages. You can also get a follower gear item that makes it so doing any WQ with the follower activated will give you 25,50, etc order resources depending on the quality of the item which really helps over time.

If you have any Blood of Sargeras you can trade them for order resources to a vendor in Dalaran, though it's only really advisable when you have a decent stockpile or your professions don't use bloods very much.

Knch

Man, after spending the day trying to get the fishing artifact, I do NOT understand how these rare fish lures work. Going to a zone, I typically get ~2-3 of the lures near instantly, then never get them at all for like an hour, then suddenly get 1-2, then back to none. No idea if there is some weird restriction on how often you can get them or how many you can have but it isn't clear at all.

You can only have one of each lure in your bags at a time. They will drop more often if you use Arcane Lures and if you fish pools.

I already have the fishing artifact and have leveled it to the point that it takes bleeping forever to get to the next trait (unlocking all the gold traits is perfectly doable.) I keep all three of the lures for Stormheim in my bag. I use the ring (because infinitely fishable pool) and usually get another ring back before the lure runs out (~10 minutes.) Occasionally I'll have to go around and fish some stormray pools for around another 10 minutes.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Siiiiiiiiiiigh. My guild is still stuck on Heroic Gul'dan. Was hoping we'd have him down by 7.2. In reality, we should've had him dead 2+ weeks ago.

Today I got lost in the caves in Winterspring. I had to beg on World Chat for someone to come rescue me. I had spent over 2 hours wandering around trying to find the exit. I was so embarrassed I paid the person 100g for their troubles.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Today I got lost in the caves in Winterspring. I had to beg on World Chat for someone to come rescue me. I had spent over 2 hours wandering around trying to find the exit. I was so embarrassed I paid the person 100g for their troubles.

You don't have a hearthstone?

mclem

Curious which caves. Mazthoril's the most memorable cave in Winterspring for me, but that's not a terribly complex design.

lazygecko

Maybe try an RP server by leveling a toon for a bit before committing to a transfer. There are guilds that seem to be really invested in PVP and WPVP on RP servers. But being a PVE server, the PVP is something you can opt out of doing when you want to do something like WQ's, gather or do plain old fashioned questing without getting face rolled.

I am on Moon Guard, and there doesn't really seem to be any PvP community at all there on Horde side.

Emerald Dream would be a good choice - fairly even between H&A (leans Horde, slightly), lot of World PvP, solid rated PvP community. It's RPPvP but no one really RPs outside of small communities. I've played Alliance on it for the past several years and it's one of my favorite servers I've played on because of the relative equality between the factions. Plenty of guilds on Horde.
just tell me who you are so I don't gank you

Bleeding Hollow is a similar one in terms of World PvP, but it's heavily Horde (less important with cross-realm, but still). Tichondrius is always there, too, as the biggest PvP server but I might call it more "serious" than "casual."

Emerald Dream seems like the most compelling choice, then. I'm not really that invested into RP beyond just being a flavor thing. If someone approaches me IC I will humor them, but I don't really partake in any overarching stories or campaigns RPers do. Being on a RP server has just been a stubborn habit of mine ever since I made my first real main on Moonglade EU in 2005, because I felt that people generally had friendlier and more mature attitudes on those servers.

Briefly tried the Illidan (non-RP) realm when I hopped over to the US, and there was this immediate kind of culture shock thanks to how many tryhard edgelords I had to deal with there, lol. That, and the fact that it turned out to be a de-facto Chinese realm.

Surrounding myself with like-minded players who want to do the same stuff I do is the most crucial element for enjoying the game long term, and I just feel that Moon Guard isn't providing that for me.

Faiz

It was up near Starfall Village and was full of spiders and snakes. Bunch of quests inside.

It was on cooldown and whats the fun in that anyways?

On cool down. For two hours. And it was more "fun" to beg in world for help and pay someone 100g?

I wish I had something to say here but I'm lost. Completely and totally lost.

I am on Moon Guard, and there doesn't really seem to be any PvP community at all there on Horde side.

Emerald Dream seems like the most compelling choice, then. I'm not really that invested into RP beyond just being a flavor thing. If someone approaches me IC I will humor them, but I don't really partake in any overarching stories or campaigns RPers do. Being on a RP server has just been a stubborn habit of mine ever since I made my first real main on Moonglade EU in 2005, because I felt that people generally had friendlier and more mature attitudes on those servers.

Briefly tried the Illidan (non-RP) realm when I hopped over to the US, and there was this immediate kind of culture shock thanks to how many tryhard edgelords I had to deal with there, lol. That, and the fact that it turned out to be a de-facto Chinese realm.

Surrounding myself with like-minded players who want to do the same stuff I do is the most crucial element for enjoying the game long term, and I just feel that Moon Guard isn't providing that for me.

I like ED a lot, but I'm probably a little biased. I do think it would be a good match for you, though. Trade chat is toxic on Alliance and I'm sure its similar on Horde, but I feel like that is a common thing on any populated server.

If you like World PvP, Emerald Dream is a great place for it. It can be annoying at times, but if I'm ever not interested in it I'll just server hop.

mclem

A question for the American side of things: When we hit tomorrow, can you say if they reset the emissaries? Wondering if it's worth saving an incomplete emissary until after the reset here in the EU.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
A question for the American side of things: When we hit tomorrow, can you say if they reset the emissaries? Wondering if it's worth saving an incomplete emissary until after the reset here in the EU.

I saw a 7.2 guide that explicitly said emissaries will NOT reset, but I don't see anything official about it either way.

v1perz53

On cool down. For two hours. And it was more "fun" to beg in world for help and pay someone 100g?

I wish I had something to say here but I'm lost. Completely and totally lost.

He's playing on an RP server. Posted before about a cool RP encounter where he tried to "rob" someone but got payback. Sometimes people find things fun that you don't, not that surprising. Being lost and not wanting to hearth out can certainly be fun, especially if you add RP elements to it.

Also, totally unrelated, but man I feel like blizzard is just trolling Balance druids. I finally got a legendary on my alt Druid today and it is the Lady and the Child, the one that makes Moonfire also hit another target within 20 yards. And the expansion right after they changed starfall to not just hid everything, they add a legendary that does just that. I mean, this thing is pretty cool, but it will hit ANYTHING within 20 yards. Hostile, neutral, critter, guard, player, doesn't matter. If I moonfire a target, SOMETHING will be getting hit with that 2nd moonfire. I personally love it 80% of the time, but the other 20% it has gotten me into some irritating situations, especially in Suramar. Wonder if they've fixed that next patch, kinda hope they did. Would be fine if it was my 3rd/4th legendary, but since it is my first I can't even swap it out for situations it is dangerous in. Guess I gotta learn to play around with it. Though it was kinda nice since Shoulders were my lowest ilvl slot, so it was a pretty big upgrade.

Subtle hint to keep trying to figure out what this actually does I guess? There actually WAS a datamined value that was reduced by 20%, but I don't think anyone as of yet has figured out what this actually does.

The Outlaw artifact trait Fatebringer going live at 1 energy cost reduction per rank on finishers is maddening, doubly so because it's because of unbalanced relic choices. Completely avoidable, too, of they would have just followed the Master Assassin route. Nerf the relics, not the whole trait.

On live my finishers get reduced by 12 energy with three FB relics. When I log in on Tuesday, that will be 6 energy, 7 with the new rank.

You'd think after nerfing this trait three times since Legion launch that they would realize that maybe there a better solution to solving the relic issue.

v1perz53

Is there any catchup for toons that don't have AK25 yet or should I just do my emissaries until I get closer to AK25? My newest 110s are around AK 22-23 still.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Is there any catchup for toons that don't have AK25 yet or should I just do my emissaries until I get closer to AK25? My newest 110s are around AK 22-23 still.

IIRC there was an automated 'here's 25' by letting people do that quest turn in multiple times (for 500 order resources each time) that was on the PTR, similar to the current live system of letting new players buy right up to 15.

Not sure if that was a PTR 'testing only' thing, though.

Faiz

He's playing on an RP server. Posted before about a cool RP encounter where he tried to "rob" someone but got payback. Sometimes people find things fun that you don't, not that surprising. Being lost and not wanting to hearth out can certainly be fun, especially if you add RP elements to it.

Re: bolded. Ok I see why you think that's what's going on here but this isn't that.

Honestly didn't come off like an RP thing to me. Talk about begging in world chat (admittedly not up on how WoW RP community works but saying world chat sounds like ooc communications), being embarrassed (sounds like player emotion not character), etc. just didn't sound like an RP engagement.

If this was RP, fair enough.

Top Bottom