• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Parshias7

I have the stupidest luck with pulls in this game. Pulled on today's banner twice and got Kain's BSB, 2x Vaan's BSB, 3x Sephiroth's SSB. Oh, and I already had one of Sephiroth's SSB from before, even though I've only been playing for a couple months and don't have much of a collection.

Then earlier this week when there was the Medica Lucky Banner I went for it since I have exactly zero Medicas, and I got... two copies of the same thing.

Ahnez

Did another pull on banner 1

1/11 OK's OSB. Now I have his sword SSB and OSB

Is it worth investing on him, even though I don't have his BSB? He is level 80 now, and I already have 12 OK motes

Dragner

Did another pull on banner 1

1/11 OK's OSB. Now I have his sword SSB and OSB

Is it worth investing on him, even though I don't have his BSB? He is level 80 now, and I already have 12 OK motes

Not really. Is a lot of investement for not a lot of reward. Still wanna be leveleing and getting his motes at your pace since his gaunlet comes back a lot.

Anustart

I can't beat the emperor no matter what, I'm even using 2 magic blink casters but this doesn't matter because he keeps spamming AoE attacks. This might be harder than Zidane for me.

Forgot I still had him left, went and killed him but forgot a dark attack so only got expert. Poot.

Xetherion

I can't beat the emperor no matter what, I'm even using 2 magic blink casters but this doesn't matter because he keeps spamming AoE attacks. This might be harder than Zidane for me.

Assuming you're talking about the U++. If it helps, i beat him with mage meta and RW Cid Raines. He's weak to Dark so Raines bsb destroys him. I had 2 different people use the RW (so both active at the same time) and i just blasted him to oblivion before he could start spamming aoe.

Assuming you're talking about the U++. If it helps, i beat him with mage meta and RW Cid Raines. He's weak to Dark so Raines bsb destroys him. I had 2 different people use the RW (so both active at the same time) and i just blasted him to oblivion before he could start spamming aoe.

Other suggestion is to have two hastega users since I found the fight gets scariest after his second aoe dispel aoe slowga

Xetherion

Other suggestion is to have two hastega users since I found the fight gets scariest after his second aoe dispel aoe slowga

I had my whole party equipped with Slow resist accessories... that might be impossible for new players like Syntsui.

In that case you would either want 2 hastegas, or wait to use hastega until after the 1st aoe slowga. With 2 Raines' bsb active it doesn't take long to get to that point.

When i cleared it the Raines users were doing so much DPS he went straight from Dispel 1 to Dispel 2, skipping Slow 1. Then Slow 2 missed all my team thanks to resist accessories, though he was nearly dead by that time so i don't think it would've mattered anyway.

I love Multiplayer:

• Shadow Lord is immune to Physical Attacks
  • Cloud uses Finishing Touch
I found bursting him down with Dark quite effective. You need to be ready to refresh mitigation after he uses Dispel, otherwise your screwed. My party was like:

ExDeath [80]
Memento Mori / Dark Zone
Power of the Void / Neo Almagest

Leon [80]
Death Throes / Reaping Scythe
SB Hand of the Emperor

Gordon [80]
Full Break / Magic Breakdown
SSB Kashuan's Resolve

Leila [80]
Thief's Revenge / Northern Cross
SSB Pirates Knives

Y'Shtola [80]
Curaja / Shellga
SB Stoneskin

RW: OK BSB. I didn't bother using wall until after the first dispel. I used one RW at the start, and the second one sometime between first and second dispel. That's what i had to work with, so i guess just adjust accordingly :) good luck!

scy

I scraped by after a few S/Ls to get a pattern that wasn't nothing but AoEs in a row for the start of the fight. Nearly screwed it up at the end and went to heal off Starfall instead of just killing him; my Emperor survived with 63 HP after another Blaze but finished the fight. Still got Mastery so I'm going with worth it, I guess?

First U++ though! Now to go try and solo Black Knights before they go away.

friz898

I forgot my full setup, but I do remember having heal with magic blink was a big help, whatever SB that was.

Also, I just burned it down as fast as possible.

Also took me a few S/L to Emperor.
Decided in the end to save my Wall and VoF until he does the mass dispell and Slowga.

Worked out well, while my mages with Cid RW meta did all the damage.

Well... I took the risk. 1 pull on phase 1.

lgoGWONl.jpg

Vaan's BSB is all I wanted :D

elty

I was running

Tyro
Maria
Ingus
Eiko
Ramza

Maria with Raines BSB did most of teh damage. Just have two hastega ready to counter the slowga and also mind breakdown.

friz898

My questions got lost in the relic shuffle earlier.

1. How good is Sephiroth's OSB?
2. How much/often do you guys use your r5 summons?

Anustart

Woo, first attempt at the raid horsies we trounced em in a pub match.

I brought zidane and maria. Zidane with burst for armor and attack debuff and Maria to break it down. Easily got all 6 hits on break while the other guy who brought Maria could only get a middling 5 hits. I kid, his sun fire and break helped a lot as well.

WarAdept

My questions got lost in the relic shuffle earlier.

1. How good is Sephiroth's OSB?
2. How much/often do you guys use your r5 summons?

Standard physical OSB. Gets points for being Dark/Fire as he has both of those elements as an EnElement option from his Coat/Gloves. Minus points for no non element backup. We're going to see a lot more omni resists in the next 6 months.

Rank 5 as in honed to maximum? Or as in 5*? I don't have any summons honed to max, but I do use 2 of the 5* summons (Bahamut and Tiamat) all the time. Tiamat especially since its a super high powered AoE that's 3 hits (given you can reach the magic threshold).

Those are honed to r4. But I'm a bit of a hone lord compared to anyone else here, so it's not realistic for most people.

evangd007

How many MC3s are we getting over the course of this? I have a ton of characters I can use them on now thanks to the orbfest dungeon xp, but I want to have some reserve in case I get some OP relics over the next few days.

MrDaravon

How many MC3s are we getting over the course of this? I have a ton of characters I can use them on now thanks to the orbfest dungeon xp, but I want to have some reserve in case I get some OP relics over the next few days.

I think just the one for the login bonuses that started today then there is one as a reward for each of the X Records (5 total there).

Panic mode getting to me. Celes is my favorite character, my only fully dived one and I have all her relics that boost her attack. Now her OSB is coming tonight. Never chase for one relic I know, but it's hard for favorite characters... I am not fan of OSB but for my favorite character it's different. To top it off, it did not come back in JP yet... I hate that! Her new stuff also love to come with festivals. Same thing will happen with her BSB2...

Tidd

Panic mode getting to me. Celes is my favorite character, my only fully dived one and I have all her relics that boost her attack. Now her OSB is coming tonight. Never chase for one relic I know, but it's hard for favorite characters... I am not fan of OSB but for my favorite character it's different. To top it off, it did not come back in JP yet... I hate that! Her new stuff also love to come with festivals. Same thing will happen with her BSB2...

Nothing wrong with chasing your favorite character relics. Especially if you have the mithril or money. Just don't get too greedy and most important: set yourself a limit before you pull. (NO, it shouldn't be "I'll pull until I have it"). Personally my rule is if I don't get the relic I want within 3 pulls, I'll stop.

Nothing wrong with chasing your favorite character relics. Especially if you have the mithril or money. Just don't get too greedy and most important: set yourself a limit before you pull. (NO, it shouldn't be "I'll pull until I have it"). Personally my rule is if I don't get the relic I want within 3 pulls, I'll stop.

Yea 3 pulls is usually my limit for situations like that. It's just the timing and everything, I wish the relic was not coming out tonight. Might pull tonight, might wait to see what I get on banner 3 of the fest.

I don't know... I have 3 of the best BSB Medica, 2 of the best Reverse Wall BSB, couple ok damage BSB. I am in a situation where I can pull for favorite, but I am also trying to complete a great mage party that banner 3 and 4 could help greatly with. Oh well, it's all gambling. If I get shit with 150 Myhtrils on Celes banner I will be upset for what I could have get on phase 3 and 4 but it might have just been a bunch of dupes!

WarAdept

Scheming Tyrant U+ CM

The FFII cast sucks balls.

Fairly nasty CM, especially with my low II synergy. While I did pull Maria's BSB on the Emperor 2 banner, it was merely a stat stick as she did much better damage by RWing Raines BSB (due to Emperor being weak to Holy).

Bring your Lightning Resist, he likes to throw out ST and AoE Thundaga (Leon or Guy might help here to tank the ST variants with Magic Lure/Sentinel). Got super dicey towards the end as he basically spammed the hell out of Starfall. Didn't help that my Emperor is level 50, but hey, Mastery is Mastery.

gLki7LS.jpg

Scheming Tyrant U++

For the love of god, bring multiple sources of haste or slow resist (or better yet both). I basically have the best mage composition in the game right now and even that can get obliterated from the scripted AoE Dispel > AoE Slowga he does at 50% and at 25% HP. Get pass this little niggly annoyance and he's fairly easy.

PckpWD0.jpg

Braska is a better fit than Papa for your mage team because he has high regen instead of haste and Papa's haste is redundant with OK's haste. Granted, you may want the redundancy in fights where the enemy uses slow on your team.
I give him Mako Might to use LL immediately.

OK - Meltdown/Target Filler, Wrath - Witch of Succession
Alph - Bahamut, Tiamat - Devotion
Papa - Shellga, Chain -ga/Target Filler - MM
Tyro - Dances - DMT
Vanille - Protectga, Ultra Cure - Ace Striker
RW - Cid Raines BSB

OK - Wrath -> BSB -> Instant Cast DPS.
Alph - In a long fight he builds his meter with summons then BSB -> Instant Cast DPS. In shorter ones, he uses RW to start Instant Cast DPSing immediately.
Papa - Ley Lines -> Shellga -> RW -> Instant Cast DPS.
Tyro - Wall -> Dances.
Vanille - Protectga -> UC -> BSB.

If I can get Raines BSB myself, I'll swap him with Papa and have him Protectga / Wrath while OK gets MM and RW switches to Braska's SSB2. Otherwise, I've got a pretty solid setup here.

Kenai

I don't have a very functional Last Stand yet for Nemesis (just Raijin's, and that's his only SB I own) so i tried a pull on this banner for the jacket. Didn't get that, but I did get Vaan's knife and Braska's coat. I didn't have either so that's pretty awesome.

I'm probably going to do 2 pulls on banner 3 hoping for Cid/Relm BSSBs and call it quits after, but I am assuming I won't get either so I am debating what to do. I can probably RW a Guts if needed but I was hoping to try a Lifesiphon/Entrust OK build to feed a couple bars to Maria/Hope for OSB spam and see if that actually worked out, and a Deployement Tactics RW would have been interesting for chip damage.

I know there's a few viable strats for it but I'd rather not spend too much time S/Ling with all the events to do right now and a Guts is pretty key in most of them.

I lucked out big time. I pulled on FF2 banner and got 1/11, Gorgon's BSB. This is my first source of Last Stand. I wanted Maria's BSB, but Last Stand ended up helping far more than that would have in the CM (although, I forsee her BSB still being needed for CM Torment).

This took a few tries to get right. T1 - Josef MC, Leila Captain's Command, Leon Banishing Strike, Gorgon Magic Breakdown, Minwu Wall RW. After that the first part of the fight consisted of, Josef and Leila DPSing, Leon Banishing, Gorgon breaking and Minwu Curajaing. Once I got him past the Elixir point, I had Leon start using SC. Josef's 40% Medica + Minwu Shared Medica healed up after a hard Starfall blast. Last Stand saved me multiple times during this fight. I would have wiped every single run from Starfall spam if I didn't have it.

This was quite the challenge, especially because I went in blind and have no mage RS for II. I followed my typical Instant Mage strategy. Once I learned the thresholds for his two Dispelga, I was able to better plan around them. However, the end of the fight still got extremely rough.

Syntsui

Everything mastered after a few tweaks, definetly the hardest realm so far. It doesn't help me that I don't have a single II relic lol.

As I said on discord

My famliy decided to push up our move out date till today so I spend all afternoon unloading boxes and only just sat down to text on lte. No wifi here so I'm not even gonna try and do a multiplayer raid. This will be the first one I have't done since multi launched.

I got Abel's Lance on my $1, so the only thing left on the banner that I'd want (or don't have) are the reds, so maybe pass?

I'm sitting on 500 Mythril, gotta spend it eventually.

WarAdept

I got Abel's Lance on my $1, so the only thing left on the banner that I'd want (or don't have) are the reds, so maybe pass?

I'm sitting on 500 Mythril, gotta spend it eventually.

A. Spend if you can't beat current content.

B. Spend if you really like said SB/character and feel you have an excess of mithril.

That's basically my thought process. I'll only spend if I can't beat content (basically FFII CM over the past 6 months). Otherwise I spend on LD's and if I really really like the character (and I had 600 mithril going into 2nd Anni).

A. Spend if you can't beat current content.

B. Spend if you really like said SB/character and feel you have an excess of mithril.

That's basically my thought process. I'll only spend if I can't beat content (basically FFII CM over the past 6 months). Otherwise I spend on LD's and if I really really like the character (and I had 600 mithril going into 2nd Anni).
A: The content I can't beat (or struggle with) is generally too annoying to care about.

B: *looks at my Final Fantasy III stash*

evangd007

Decided to pull on stage 1 instead of FFVI stage 2:

4/11 - OK OSB, 2x Braska SSB, Edge SSB

Happy to get Last Stand. OK armor will be a nice stat stick.

WarAdept

Did one more pull on P1.

Tyro USB
Sephi OSB
Red Jacket.

Fuck you Orichalcum Dirk

I'm glad that I got Tyro's USB and a native Last Stand now.

First pull, 2 shiny, no Disco Ball! Nooooooooooo! X2 Kefka BSB.

Ok... another try!

obtLSwrl.png

But... What if it's the 0.015% off banner OSB of someone else?

ofiIOp0l.png

That's my girl!

scy

Oh man, last minute solo Apoc Black Knights mastered.

I am very much on the fence on doing a pull here just for Celes OSB. I know it's not that great but ... Celes! I have a few days to think it over, I suppose. Her BSB comes back with her BSB2 in like 3 months too.

pulled of VI banner 2 only because I love me some VI.

5/11 - 2x Lightbringer and 3x Imperial lololol
At least I got two unique. (would've prefered Kefka's BSB and Celes OSB)

MrDaravon

Fucking cruuuuuuushed the U++ fight with this setup on my first try, I figured I would need some tweaking but nope. I have Steiner's enFire BSB, and Rosa's SSB mBlink let me completely dodge Absolute Zero, not that it would have probably killed me or anything.

C74_A0xVwAAgvLz.jpg

friz898

My U+ Update:

100gem pull was 4star, but dupe-trash.

This was -by far- the easiest d140 and d160 fights that I've ever done.

First try on d140, third try on d160.

Dragon:

Setzer(80) - Power Breakdown // Magic Breakdown -- Feral Might
Relm (99) - Protectga // Curaja -- Haste
Mog (80) - Multi Break // Curaise -- Haste
Terra (99) - Leviathan // Shiva -- Savior of Spira
Kefka (80) - Dancer Shellga // Chain Blizzaga -- Sorceress Vow

RW - Squall's Ice OSB - (Did 20k first time, 38k second time)

Setzer has Major Fire Resist, Everybody else had Moderate Fire Resist. He truly doesn't hurt at all with fire resist, shellga, multibreak and magic breakdown stacked. I absolutely destroyed him.

Terra:

Setzer (80) -- Magic Breakdown // Mental Breakdown -- Feral Might
Relm (99) -- Arise // Curaja -- Haste
Mog (80) -- Multibreak // Curaise -- Haste (Mog's Scarf relic was handy as well)
Terra (99) -- Darkra // Ultima Weapon -- Prey (Element Weakness boost) (Also used Starburst, but didn't do much really.
Kefka (80) -- Dancer Shellga // Drainga

RW - Jecht's Burst

I saved most everything for the last 50% and then I let loose with Ultima Weapon, all breaks applied, and Jecht's Burst. The actually burst does about 2500 a hit for 8? attacks. But the real key is Command 1, it did 3500-4k x4 every single time. For pretty much the last 50%, Setzer was spamming Command 1.

The first two times I lost, I used Arise and it was awesome. The time I won, I didn't even use it.

So we've got 3 MC3 in the last 24 hours or so.

I broke Rosa, Gilgamesh and Thancred -- I now have 2 99's in every realm.

friz898

Fucking cruuuuuuushed the U++ fight with this setup on my first try, I figured I would need some tweaking but nope. I have Steiner's enFire BSB, and Rosa's SSB mBlink let me completely dodge Absolute Zero, not that it would have probably killed me or anything.

C74_A0xVwAAgvLz.jpg

I saw your post after I beat mine, but I crushed d140 also. I don't know if it's because of the weakness or my synergy, or what, but it seemed like more of a d120 fight. Maybe they didn't make these as hard or something.

C74_A0xVwAAgvLz.jpg

Similar setup here. Terra, Locke, Steiner with Quistis as Breaker, Shellga and Garnet as Healer, Protectga, RES. Wall RW. No medals lost.

Also mastered the CM. Went in with VI team. Can't waste that 1 stamina doing two runs. Doing that second draw on VI-1 was good. 2 mass heals with Relm and Sabin is kinda OP.

Got a good team on Raid and amazingly it didnt crash. Layed out the enfire OSB combo, 99999. Filled out another Terra Mote, 2 top 1 bottom. 637 realm synergy. Made Chain Firaga and popped it to r3. Stuck at 49 mythril. My pull on Celes will have to wait a few more hours. Like the other guy, excited yet nervous. My last 50 mythril in the tank.

Dragner

A boring set of ultimates. Dragon is a joke, terra dies to indomitable blade and dullahan is only annoying because stop. Mage team does a quick work of him.

Kain

Yolo pulled on banner 1 because I'm stupid and got Edge's Last stand, so now I have tech for Nemesis. Fuck, now I am pressured to try it xD

Top Bottom