• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age |OT| You Had One Job!

I would assume Daggers/Ninja Swords, because Axes are the Ivalice-brand where their damage is highly variable.
Yeah I noticed that. I have been using axe and sometime it hit for 600 sometime 1000+ I am level 31 on vaan.ok back to Dagger it is. Btw where can I get a ninja sword? I just finished frans story arc in the woods area.

The damage formula for axes has a bit where your damage is multiplied by a random value between 0 and 1.111.

This is why sometimes you'll hit for single or double digits.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I woke up at 2 am and decided to give this another go and voila!

DFc2U0JWsAAf96Q.jpg

Also I have like 2,825,803 clan points but the vendor never sold the Niho accessory, what gives?

Chris R

Almost had my first game over...

I mean it should be a game over when everyone in your party dies, but then they let me swap people in and finish the fight?

It was in the Golmore Jungle, very tough fight. Would have loved to get a game over screen though so I could go back in and try to beat it with the party I had now that I knew what attacks were coming :(

SirNinja

Where do you find it?

I think you can buy it from the Clan Centurio merchant once your rank is high enough. It can also be synthesized at the Bazaar, though I forgot how (should show up as the "Cursed Necklace" once you do).

EDIT: It's not for sale anymore in the Centurio shop, that was only in the original version of FFXII. In TZA, the Niho can be found in a chest in Henne Mines Phase 2 and the Pharos Subterra. Bazaar recipe is Blood-stained Necklace x3, Death's-Head x2, Leo Gem x3.

Brigandier

I managed to scrape past omega to get to trial 100.... It's impossible for me I have 2 people down and gambits set up for omega whilst in red HP at the start....

Think I'm gonna have to get some more of them belts that reverse medicines effects so I can spam easily off the bat.

If your limping over the finish line past omega, floor 100 is as good as over before it starts.

Meowster

Zodiark has to be one of the worst bosses I've ever faced in a game. His last form is just so unfair. You can't hit him with anything and it just becomes a game of tossing Phoenix Downs/Arise and Curaja before he'll wipe you out with Smite or Darkja which will cast Death on you most of the time. He has barriers for physical and magical immunities and they come back in less than a second. What the hell?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Man this looks so good. Also, I can't believe Vaan's abs still look trash, they just look different kind of trash now lol.

finalfantasythezodiac97stt.png

finalfantasythezodiac0hsfy.png

Bladenic

How rough will it be until I can unlock second jobs if I don't make Penelo a WHM? I have Shikari, Monk, Red, Archer, and Time. I want to make Penelo either knight, Bushi, or Uhlan.

How rough will it be until I can unlock second jobs if I don't make Penelo a WHM? I have Shikari, Monk, Red, Archer, and Time. I want to make Penelo either knight, Bushi, or Uhlan.

Red Mage can heal fine until you've got 2nd jobs. I did the same thing.

My Fran is going to be White Mage/Machinist and I did Machinist first.

No problems at all.

Meowster

Luckily this time I ran back and got a TON of rare steals from the treasure coffers.. so if I have to run back and try the other (hopefully less bullshit) Espers I'm missing then I guess I can do that. It's just so frustrating when he doesn't have anything left and nothing will hit, no matter how long you wait, because there is only a second long window for his barriers.

Alucrid

Banned
I woke up at 2 am and decided to give this another go and voila!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFc2U0JWsAAf96Q.jpg[IMG]

Also I have like 2,825,803 clan points but the vendor never sold the Niho accessory, what gives?[/QUOTE]

the hunt club vendor sells it provided you give the right trophies out but the clan vendor doesn't

Bladenic

Thanks!

Any comments suggestions for what to make Penelo amongst the physically oriented jobs? Mainly in relation to second jobs and wanting to use all 12 jobs of course.

SkylineRKR

Yeah I noticed that. I have been using axe and sometime it hit for 600 sometime 1000+ I am level 31 on vaan.ok back to Dagger it is. Btw where can I get a ninja sword? I just finished frans story arc in the woods area.

Basically the first 3 tiers of Ninja Swords are in the

Optional Lhusu Mine area accessible after accepting AntLion hunt. I think there is also one in the optional Barheim passage.

I'm not a fan of them yet though. So many enemies drain Dark its ridiculous.

Go Dagger/Ninja Swords. Axes are shit.

Jolkien

I used Sage Ring with a Charge gambit for a part of the game but then when you have access to just buy 99 Hi-Ether you don't really need it anymore.

Balphon

Thanks!

Any comments suggestions for what to make Penelo amongst the physically oriented jobs? Mainly in relation to second jobs and wanting to use all 12 jobs of course.

Of the ones you listed I'd go with Bushi to take advantage of her higher base Magic Power with Katanas/Shades of Black.

Knight could be decent too if you want to use the esper unlocks for White Magic on it. Could do both; Knight/Bushi is a strong combo.

Narroo

Man this looks so good. Also, I can't believe Vaan's abs still look trash, they just look different kind of trash now lol.

finalfantasythezodiac97stt.png

finalfantasythezodiac0hsfy.png

FFXII was always a beautiful game, even now. It's just that low resolutions and interlacing does not mix well with HD Systems.

Cess007

Well, it only took me almost a decade but I finally passed the
Shrine of Miriam
. It was as far as I reached on the original PS2 version before my Memory Card died. Now, everything is new to me!

Anyone know the best way to get scarletite? I'm trying to fight the Emeralditans in Nabreus Deadlands and I'm just not getting these at all. Is there a better way to do this?

Jolkien

Anyone know the best way to get scarletite? I'm trying to fight the Emeralditans in Nabreus Deadlands and I'm just not getting these at all. Is there a better way to do this?

The Aspidochelon Trophy rare game, just steal it, run two screen away respawn the mob again. Use the thief cuffs for bertter chances and make sure not to kill the ennemy since it's a trophy rare game if it dies it'll never respawn.

For those who went shikari/Forebreaker combo do you keep using dagger or Axe?
During the story it was usually just based on whatever had the highest 'level'.

I think I went Gladius through Raithwall, then I got a Hammerhead axe in north Estersand that I used through Ozmone Plains until Mt. Bur-Omisace and Shrine of Miriam.

You could try go into the Zertinan Caverns at that point get a super rare Iga Blade drop or... steal/drop a Platnimum Dagger, but at Lv20 (vs Lv35 mobs), figured it would take too long and I'd end up getting overleveled -- especially when you get easily get a Iga Blade barely 1-2 hours later.

Which is what I did... right after Mt. Bur-Omisace and Shrine of Miriam, get Antlion Hunt for Lhusu Mines and get an Iga Blade and Koga Blade, and mostly used that until I farmed the materials (from Henne Mines and Zertinan Caverns) for a Scorpion Tail F, which you can get pretty early in the game for an ultimate weapon.

I'll mostly end up using a mix though I think. Scorpion Tail F hits like a truck but that top dagger or whatever Danjuro was replaced by is probably fun for regular mobs with its 70% KO rate, and the Orochi N has a pretty nice combo rate -- still very slightly less attack and combo than either Masamune I or Whale Whisker N but pretty close.

Either way, I went Balthier SHI/FOE precisely because with Germinas Boots he can reach Str 99 Vit 98 Spd 98 so any of them will be great.

Aeana

It still surprises me that they translated Loto's Sword as 'wyrmhero blade.' It's a direct Dragon Quest reference, and even uses Dragon Quest sound effects in battle.

Fisty

It still surprises me that they translated Loto's Sword as 'wyrmhero blade.' It's a direct Dragon Quest reference, and even uses Dragon Quest sound effects in battle.

Well DQ8 did come with the FFXII demo, not too much of a stretch to see the reference.

Speaking of which... I would be happy with just a PS2 Classics release of that. Hopefully between this and Star Ocean 3, SE thinks it is worth it

ahdurian

so i just got to the
tomb of Raithwall
and was wondering if there are any times where you're forced to use specific characters / teams.
was kinda switching to have them all around same level, but now i'm a little bored of it.

Lightning

Banned
During the story it was usually just based on whatever had the highest 'level'.

I think I went Gladius through Raithwall, then I got a Hammerhead axe in north Estersand that I used through Ozmone Plains until Mt. Bur-Omisace and Shrine of Miriam.

You could try go into the Zertinan Caverns at that point get a super rare Iga Blade drop or... steal/drop a Platnimum Dagger, but at Lv20 (vs Lv35 mobs), figured it would take too long and I'd end up getting overleveled -- especially when you get easily get a Iga Blade barely 1-2 hours later.

Which is what I did... right after Mt. Bur-Omisace and Shrine of Miriam, get Antlion Hunt for Lhusu Mines and get an Iga Blade and Koga Blade, and mostly used that until I farmed the materials (from Henne Mines and Zertinan Caverns) for a Scorpion Tail F, which you can get pretty early in the game for an ultimate weapon.

I'll mostly end up using a mix though I think. Scorpion Tail F hits like a truck but that top dagger or whatever Danjuro was replaced by is probably fun for regular mobs with its 70% KO rate, and the Orochi N has a pretty nice combo rate -- still very slightly less attack and combo than either Masamune I or Whale Whisker N but pretty close.

Either way, I went Balthier SHI/FOE precisely because with Germinas Boots he can reach Str 99 Vit 98 Spd 98 so any of them will be great.
Easiest thing to do is use the free Kagenui you get from the Barheim passage and I used that until I got the ingredients to make the Mesa.

I didn't use Daggers that much and I never used Hammers/Axes. I don't like the random damage of the Hammers/Axes and I found getting powerful Ninja Swords easier than the Daggers.

so i just got to the
tomb of Raithwall
and was wondering if there are any times where you're forced to use specific characters / teams.
was kinda switching to have them all around same level, but now i'm a little bored of it.

Nope :) you could run through the game with three of your favorite characters without even touching the others. Or you could try two... or even one!

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
so i just got to the
tomb of Raithwall

there's a rank v hunt that won't show if you have any male characters out (it'll say in the clan primer) but otherwise feel free to ignore whomever.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So, I'm pretty much ready to head into the last dungeon, but I'm cleaning up hunts, espers, etc. that I didn't get up until now. Thing is, I wanna level up some before I do so. (my team is around 62).

What's a good grinding spot for endgame?

there's a rank v hunt that won't show if you have any male characters out (it'll say in the clan primer) but otherwise feel free to ignore whomever.

Also, once it shows, you can just change your team back before engaging.

Perineum

A while, you have two massive dungeons coming up. I'd say probably 15 hours ? Hard to estimate.

It's called Sage Ring and it cuts MP usage by 50%

So I completed that dungeon for the lab. Was that one of the massive ones? That felt fairly quick.

Also, I was trying trial mode today and I think I got into the 30's, but then lost to a boss that summons two skeletons at a time and I was doing like no damage to. I think now looking back he must've been flying so no melee weapons could do damage so I needed my ranged characters in instead.

None of the rewards up to then seemed worth it. Great LP farming though. Wowza.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
So, I'm pretty much ready to head into the last dungeon, but I'm cleaning up hunts, espers, etc. that I didn't get up until now. Thing is, I wanna level up some before I do so. (my team is around 62).

What's a good grinding spot for endgame?

great crystal before the omega mark XII with embroidered tippets equipped on all 3 characters worked well for me. I haven't even attempted to grind and my main 3 are all early 80's by just running through the zones

Here's a map of the crystal

ahdurian

Nope :) you could run through the game with three of your favorite characters without even touching the others. Or you could try two... or even one!

Also, once it shows, you can just change your team back before engaging.

Merci. I probably shouldve asked earlier because now i'm debating if i want to reset to change Jobs, since i'm not that far yet...bleh

Niks

Goddamn, I didnt remember Tchita Highlands being so massive. Leveled up like crazy just exploring.

This thread needs more screens! FFXII is so charming and beautiful.

Yup, game is beautiful.
The attention to detail is impressive, at times its hard to believe this was a PS2 game.

Jolkien

So I completed that dungeon for the lab. Was that one of the massive ones? That felt fairly quick.

Also, I was trying trial mode today and I think I got into the 30's, but then lost to a boss that summons two skeletons at a time and I was doing like no damage to. I think now looking back he must've been flying so no melee weapons could do damage so I needed my ranged characters in instead.

None of the rewards up to then seemed worth it. Great LP farming though. Wowza.

No that was super short I was talking about the great Crystal and Pharos ;)

Top Bottom