• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Can anyone help me with Uncharted....
the "QTE"/swipe fight with
dante

I am on crushing so one screw up fails it. I find the fight to be very easy for for some reason it isn't recognizing one motion. At the point towards the middle/end of the fight when you have to swipe West-North in one motion, then after than West-South, for some reason everytime I fail the West-South swipe. I have tried at least 15 times and have no beat this part once. Is there some trick to this one particular swipe? Any thoughts?
There's a second similar motion after it in a different direction. And yeah, it's "off".

Just do it quickly and as soon as you see the swipe start to draw itself on the screen. It's more about speed, and only beginning it after the prompt starts.

Top of page: Play Treasure Park. It's strangely relaxing.

Ran rp

Didn't one of the designers say that each time you boot it up, that 'page sliding' means another chapter of your life begins, like it's a book; hence, Vita=Life, or am I mistaken it for something else?

Where did you read/hear this? I want to hear more from the designers.

In regards to fighters, what is the consensus between Tekken x SF or Mortal Kombat?

For background, Ive never been very good at fighters, but I have tried them. I couldnt get into UMvsC on Vita because it felt so static and barebones (if that makes sense). Also, I prefer some sorta of plot and narrative to help keep me moving along...even if its too over the top and makes no sense (think: Dissidia or DefJam). I just want a sexy looking, and fun and easy to get into fighter game, with an insane story and sense of humor.

Suggestions?

Mortal Kombat is definitely what you're looking for. Though the graphics aren't quite as amazing if you've played the console versions.

Ive never played the console version. Infact I havent played an MK game since the old arcade machines.

You should check it out then if you're interested in a fighter. Ton of single player content, including a Vita-specific challenge tower that has you using the touch screen to do things like launch missiles and play MK fruit ninja

beason52

Neo Member
There's a second similar motion after it in a different direction. And yeah, it's "off".

Just do it quickly and as soon as you see the swipe start to draw itself on the screen. It's more about speed, and only beginning it after the prompt starts.

I have heard that's its more about speed but when I saw people saying they were having trouble with these scenes I was surprised. Never had an issue on normal/hard but just this one spot.
The fact that I never have issues and keep failing the same part (which I know is coming by now) suggested to me that this part was wonky.

Should i trace where the line actually shows on the screen? because that's not working out for me. appreciate the help

Crushing on Golden Abyss is by far the easiest of the series.

You should check it out then if you're interested in a fighter. Ton of single player content, including a Vita-specific challenge tower that has you using the touch screen to do things like launch missiles and play MK fruit ninja

Oh wow, that sounds really cool. I miss single player content in fighters. Seems like they are mostly onlinecentric now.

Any Gravity Rush pros have any tips for the Auldnoir Free Race II?
I got a time of 2'38"... not seeing how I'm going to shave 39" off my time.
Can't find a guide on the net...

Just did all the challenges yesterday. Cant remember that one exactly, but I know there were one or two I had to use the gravity slide to actually get the gold. It makes quite the difference.

falconzss

This is just a tip in general but you should use the gravity slide as much as possible. Also press x to accelerate while falling. You should also further upgrade your abilities if you're having problems (forgot to upgrade anything til chapter 13).

This is just a tip in general but you should use the gravity slide as much as possible. Also press x to accelerate while falling. You should also further upgrade your abilities if you're having problems (forgot to upgrade anything til chapter 13).

Quoted for truth, as they say. I didn't have any problems with the challenges once I started using these techniques more regularly.

kliklik

Banned
X, and got another (I think, stats aren't updating) but grabbing others among the crowd is impossible. Aveline won't grab them at all despite me waiting for the triangle to show up to grab them.

She'll only use soldiers as human shields. The best place is the square outside the governor's mansion with your assassin outfit of course. Gather up the soldiers stationed around the place d'armes. They'll be trying to poke you with their guns. Then run in sight (not through - just in front) of the 4 guards at the entrance to the governor's mansion. And just stand still and counter (careful not to counter when two are attacking at once.) They'll form firing lines like crazy.

Just did all the challenges yesterday. Cant remember that one exactly, but I know there were one or two I had to use the gravity slide to actually get the gold. It makes quite the difference.

It's the race DLC challenge in the original area from the Maid DLC.
Rooftop gravity stuff. I've used all the tips below and managed to get 2'06" something, but damn, it's a bitch to shave off the last few seconds. I think the idea has to be something to do with not touching down when going through the checkpoints, unless there's somewhere I should be gravity sliding that's eluding me.

Quoted for truth, as they say. I didn't have any problems with the challenges once I started using these techniques more regularly.

Yeah, I've got almost everything that matters fully upgraded (gravity slide, shift speed) and most of the others are pretty high up (I haven't maxed everything yet, still shy of that trophy for 40k gems).

My problem is that I don't know where to slide or if there are any tricks in this particular race. I think it's at least a silver trophy on it's own, too... doesn't seem like a cake walk.

falconzss

Yeah, I've got almost everything that matters fully upgraded (gravity slide, shift speed) and most of the others are pretty high up (I haven't maxed everything yet, still shy of that trophy for 40k gems).

My problem is that I don't know where to slide or if there are any tricks in this particular race. I think it's at least a silver trophy on it's own, too... doesn't seem like a cake walk.

ps3trophies.com said:
To get the gold, it isn't entirely hard. The main thing to do is memorize the locations of the checkpoints. After you target the checkpoint, use X to fast fall and aim using the left analog stick. Be fast and precise in order to make it within the time limit. Use your Gravity slide when there are multiple checkpoints in a row on a flat surface by putting your fingers on the bottom two corners of the front touch screen.

Can't be of much help otherwise, unfortunately haven't played the DLC yet.

Edit: Found a video on youtube, albeit bad quality.

Can't be of much help otherwise, unfortunately haven't played the DLC yet.

Edit: Found a video on youtube, albeit bad quality.

Thanks! That's pretty much what I came up with -- looks like I just need more practice in gliding through the checkpoints without touching.

I would've highly recommended doing the DLC during the game... I think I liked it then, but if I had done it post-game, I'd be a bit disappointed.

Thanks! That's pretty much what I came up with -- looks like I just need more practice in gliding through the checkpoints without touching.

I would've highly recommended doing the DLC during the game... I think I liked it then, but if I had done it post-game, I'd be a bit disappointed.

How do you figure? I was thinking of getting a Platinum first then saving the DLC for a rainy day.

edit: regarding that video--how in the hell does he move like that?

Jamix012

How do you figure? I was thinking of getting a Platinum first then saving the DLC for a rainy day.

I don't know if he's reffering to the fact that the DLC sections actually fit into the story. Basically the story of the DLC takes place before the end of the game. Whether this messes things up is sort of debatable, I did some of the DLC before finishing and some after and didn't really have an issue doing it either way.

The stuff fits into the story really well... so to me, doing it during the natural course of the game, as the DLC missions became "available" seemed to fit better with the story than if i had finished it and it was her reminiscing?

I suppose it could work either way... but doing the military DLC at the point in the game when the military becomes a larger focus... or doing the spy DLC while Syd
is still a policeman, before the military takes over
worked best for me.

Plus they're ridiculously short. 2 challenges and 2 short "side missions" per. The challenges can take awhile, but the story content was pretty lean and thus having them as side missions during the game made it feel like I got more out of it, I guess?

That plus I could run around in the 3 new costumes for the majority of my playtime.

I so want to buy sine mora but I have a feeling it might go on psn+. Firstworldproblems

I've got a feeling that your feeling is wrong. ;) (Unless you're willing to wait for a year or so. Most game I've bought and then had go to PS + were over a year old (or they were given immediately upon release; VF5:FS, JSR, etc. were given upon release; games like SF3:3S, Bloodrayne, Payday, etc. were given over a year after they came out, and there are some games, such as Super Stardust, that still haven't been a PS + freebie [I think]).
Granted, the Vita hasn't been out for a year, but still... I don't see it happening, we'll get a ton of games like Puddle or When Vikings Attack or Hustler Kings or whatever before we get Sine Mora on PS +.

Besides, the game is worth $10. Support the devs so we get more quality stuff!

^That makes a lot of sense, actually. I hadn't really considered that they would apply to the story, though that seems obvious now. Since I haven't beaten the game yet: you can still run around the city and do challenges once it's all over, right?

falconzss

^That makes a lot of sense, actually. I hadn't really considered that they would apply to the story, though that seems obvious now. Since I haven't beaten the game yet: you can still run around the city and do challenges once it's all over, right?

Yes you can. I did almost all challenges post-game.

The stuff fits into the story really well... so to me, doing it during the natural course of the game, as the DLC missions became "available" seemed to fit better with the story than if i had finished it and it was her reminiscing?

I suppose it could work either way... but doing the military DLC at the point in the game when the military becomes a larger focus... or doing the spy DLC while Syd
is still a policeman, before the military takes over
worked best for me.

Plus they're ridiculously short. 2 challenges and 2 short "side missions" per. The challenges can take awhile, but the story content was pretty lean and thus having them as side missions during the game made it feel like I got more out of it, I guess?

That plus I could run around in the 3 new costumes for the majority of my playtime.

I've got a feeling that your feeling is wrong. ;) (Unless you're willing to wait for a year or so. Most game I've bought and then had go to PS + were over a year old (or they were given immediately upon release; VF5:FS, JSR, etc. were given upon release; games like SF3:3S, Bloodrayne, Payday, etc. were given over a year after they came out, and there are some games, such as Super Stardust, that still haven't been a PS + freebie [I think]).
Granted, the Vita hasn't been out for a year, but still... I don't see it happening, we'll get a ton of games like Puddle or When Vikings Attack or Hustler Kings or whatever before we get Sine Mora on PS +.

Besides, the game is worth $10. Support the devs so we get more quality stuff!

hmmm you make a good point. I'll get it after I beat UC so I can free up some space.

Do they charge tax? I might cancel my order if they don't.

they charge tax in CA, NJ and TN iirc.

I tend to order stuff on newegg even though they charge me tax (CA) because 1) the warehouse is in socal and shipping tends to come in 1-3 days regardless of what shipping I choose and 2) newegg likes to reward customers with account selective coupons (got a $12/$15 off preorder coupon that I used for like 10 games).

Alvion working some magic on the Vita:

t02200228_0550057112324310171.jpg

Vita character model has 1/3rd the polygons of the PS3 game and the textures are 1/4th the size. Could you tell?
Nope.

OK so looking at the PSN store:

Dungeon hunter is finally a sensible price on sale (£12.99) however I cant help but feel this will be on PS+ soon as its a launch title and there fore I will just leave it.

Also Rayman is very tempting as its also in a sale but with addition PS+ discount. Does that addition discount mean its unlikely to be a free PS+ game for a while? It is also a launch game after all.

Also I started to push my way through the last bit of persona 3 portable. Christ this is a long game. I had a feeling
that after the 12th shadow there would be a whole load more to do. And christ there sure is. However I finally got the the last month, I let death live and am scaling the tower to fight NYX. If you do kill death does the game just end there or something?

kiyomi

Still consumed with Persona 4, it's a wonderful, wonderful game.

Also Rayman is very tempting as its also in a sale but with addition PS+ discount. Does that addition discount mean its unlikely to be a free PS+ game for a while? It is also a launch game after all.

Honestly I might just jump on it if I were you. It's well worth the money. I can't remember if it was in that 2-week sale that PS+ had after they announced the batch of free games. If it was, then that means it won't be on PS+ for a while.

So, don't buy Touch my Katamari. It's very, very disappointing. I'd heard it was short, but I figured I could at least extend my playtime by collecting one of every item. But the only items you can collect in this game are called curios, but there's only ten in each level. If you can get it for $10 or so than maybe, but don't pay more than that for it.

How are those or playing P4 sans FAQ enjoying it? Are you having trouble? I haven't bought it yet, but I'm worried that I'll it a wall like I did with the PS2 version: I suck.

kiyomi

How are those or playing P4 sans FAQ enjoying it? Are you having trouble? I haven't bought it yet, but I'm worried that I'll it a wall like I did with the PS2 version: I suck.

Had some trouble with bosses, and I kind of miss the ability to freely grind like in P3. But it's nothing a few extra levels, a new persona and a bunch of restorative items won't fix.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
rainking187 said:
So, don't buy Touch my Katamari.
I didn't think it was "that" bad (there's been like 5-6 free DLC levels added to the base game by now), but I agree it's not quite up to par with previous entries. And arguably Me&My Katamari is the better game (on Vita, it works with Dual-Sticks, so it's a "proper" Katamari experience), for similar price (they're both 20$ now?).

I didn't think it was "that" bad (there's been like 5-6 free DLC levels added to the base game by now), but I agree it's not quite up to par with previous entries. And arguably Me&My Katamari is the better game (on Vita, it works with Dual-Sticks, so it's a "proper" Katamari experience), for similar price (they're both 20$ now?).

There's 9 DLC levels, but each requires 10 Fan Damacy to unlock. Which means either buying them from the PSN store, or just playing the same levels over and over and over until you have enough. Neither one sounds terribly appealing to be honest.

falconzss

Don't know if or when it will be a PS+ game but I didn't want to wait and bought it a few days ago. I'm having a blast playing it and it offers lots of content and replay value if you want to master the challenges, find hidden stuff and so on. Can't go wrong with it at its current price.

Sid

Dungeon hunter is finally a sensible price on sale (£12.99) however I cant help but feel this will be on PS+ soon as its a launch title and there fore I will just leave it.

Also I started to push my way through the last bit of persona 3 portable. Christ this is a long game. I had a feeling
that after the 12th shadow there would be a whole load more to do. And christ there sure is. However I finally got the the last month, I let death live and am scaling the tower to fight NYX. If you do kill death does the game just end there or something?
Just get rayman,it plays and looks so well on the VITA and seems like a game made specifically for it,easily the best SP version

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
rainking187 said:
Which means either buying them from the PSN store, or just playing the same levels over and over and over until you have enough.
King tells you if a Damacy is in the level before it starts, so the way to grind for them is simply restarting(retry doesn't work, unfortunately) a specific level (Cows and Bears is one with high % chance) until you get them. Using infinite-mode, you collect a Damacy and quit when you find one (not play-through the level).

Use the gravity kick to get a nice bounce after landing on each checkpoint. Use the gravity slide on the last section of that challenge

So, don't buy Touch my Katamari. It's very, very disappointing. I'd heard it was short, but I figured I could at least extend my playtime by collecting one of every item. But the only items you can collect in this game are called curios, but there's only ten in each level. If you can get it for $10 or so than maybe, but don't pay more than that for it.

Game is like $25, I highly enjoyed it and I think it's worth the price. Lot's of content for a $25 game.

There's 9 DLC levels, but each requires 10 Fan Damacy to unlock. Which means either buying them from the PSN store, or just playing the same levels over and over and over until you have enough. Neither one sounds terribly appealing to be honest.

You can also just enter a level and reset it if there's no Fan Damacy. Not a great fix, but not a terrible one either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom