• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
JSnake said:
So I went online and fought against a thunder-spamming Pikachu. Hi Casamassinamasiagsjufioheg.

I have a friend who loves Pikachu's thunder... it's deadly :(

You can of course quickly learn to avoid it but there are always times when it'll catch you off guard... plus it lasts longer than it did in Melee and has a larger hitbox, so that constantly throws me off @_@

In other news I still can't connect to random brawls and the ONE I did connect to was laggy as fuhk :(

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I feel bad for all of you living in places with crummy weather. In Calgary, we're getting unseasonably warm weather. :D

Redd

FFS looks like I got to use the Wiimote nunchuck combo. Just called my Gamestop and it's filled up. Kind of lucky though since they stopped at 32 and I'm third on the list.

I just hope no one that's competing got the game early and has an unfair advantage. And to think I spent the last two weeks practicing with the Gamecube controller. All I want to do is win one and I'll be satisified.

MrCheez

Redd said:
FFS looks like I got to use the Wiimote nunchuck combo. Just called my Gamestop and it's filled up. Kind of lucky though since they stopped at 32 and I'm third on the list.

The tournament has a limit? Uh oh.. I hope it depends on the store... I went there the other day and they told me they didn't have a signup sheet, just to showup at 10 @_@

Guess I'll call and find out :p

Edit: Just called. They are letting everyone who shows up before 10 compete. However the conversation went something like this:

Me: Hello, I had a question about the Smash Bros tournament tonight. Is there a cutoff for signing up?
Manager Guy: Do you already have the game reserved?
Me: Uh, no... it's not required to reserve the game to play in the tournament, right?
Manager Guy: No, but I'd prefer everyone reserve it.
Me: Okay... well my friends and I are just coming to participate in the tourney. Do we have to sign up in advance or can we just show up?
Manager Guy: Everyone who gets here before 10 can participate. But make sure you reserve the game.
Me: ok thanks

Neo Child said:
Theres an awesome girl at my work who is not only insanely pretty but totally loves Smash Bros Brawl as well as stuff like Phoenix Wright, Mario Kart etc. Whats also awesome is her boyfriend is a musician who basically links up Gameboys and NES's together and basically remixes tunes from Mario Land and NES games etc, his stage name is Sabrepulse and he's played at gigs in New York and everything. I've been to their flat a few times to play Smash Bros and everything (and play Pokémon cards :lol) - His albums are free to download here:
http://www.myspace.com/sabrepulse

Are you fucking kidding me? I love Sabrepulse.

MrCheez

Redd said:
I just hope no one that's competing got the game early and has an unfair advantage. And to think I spent the last two weeks practicing with the Gamecube controller. All I want to do is win one and I'll be satisified.

I dunno about your gamestop, but at mine the first round is going to be a 1minute long 4player free for all with items turned on.

Unfortunately I have a feeling that the most skilled/practiced person will not necessarily be the winner, due to these circumstances :p (Luck is gonna be a major factor with all the chaos of 4 players and items in ONE MINUTE :p ) Pretty retarded setup for a tournament... ah well, should be fun still.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Now now, don't let winds get you down.

Link wasn't bothered at all by winds, isn't that right Link?

1ymgd4.jpg

Redd

MrCheez said:
I dunno about your gamestop, but at mine the first round is going to be a 1minute long 4player free for all with items turned on.

Unfortunately I have a feeling that the most skilled/practiced person will not necessarily be the winner, due to these circumstances :p (Luck is gonna be a major factor with all the chaos of 4 players and items in ONE MINUTE :p ) Pretty retarded setup for a tournament... ah well, should be fun still.

Hmmm maybe I can survive then. I'll just block and evade until the last 20 seconds and go for some easy kills. If it's too close to call I'll just run until sudden death.

MrCheez

Awesome Crushed :lol

You should post more of the extreme-closeup :O faces if you have any :lol

Hmmm maybe I can survive then. I'll just block and evade until the last 20 seconds and go for some easy kills. If it's too close to call I'll just run until sudden death.

Just make sure no one else nabs a kill while you avoid and you should be OK. Trying for sudden death is risky though... crazy shit can happen in sudden death :eek:

Redd

MrCheez said:
The tournament has a limit? Uh oh.. I hope it depends on the store... I went there the other day and they told me they didn't have a signup sheet, just to showup at 10 @_@

Guess I'll call and find out :p

Edit: Just called. They are letting everyone who shows up before 10 compete. However the conversation went something like this:

Me: Hello, I had a question about the Smash Bros tournament tonight. Is there a cutoff for signing up?
Manager Guy: Do you already have the game reserved?
Me: Uh, no... it's not required to reserve the game to play in the tournament, right?
Manager Guy: No, but I'd prefer everyone reserve it.
Me: Okay... well my friends and I are just coming to participate in the tourney. Do we have to sign up in advance or can we just show up?
Manager Guy: Everyone who gets here before 10 can participate. But make sure you reserve the game.
Me: ok thanks

Good for you I was just wanted to vent a little. I was hoping like other gamestops that they would at least let you use the CC or wavebird. Seems like different rules everywhere just depends on the manager.

My gamestop wants to follow Nintendos rules besides the 32 player cutoff. The store did say I could show up even if I didn't sign up or preorder to watch others players compete but why would I want to do that.

TJ Spyke

Redd said:

It varies by store. The store I was supposed to go to had it 1 on 1. You are right in that store managers are sometimes changing the rules for their store (of coarse you won't be able to do this in the nationals), the manager at my store was bringing in WaveBirds for people to use.

Blizzard

Banned
A bunch of Starfox transmissions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORuS-o-TAZc

Man, I'd never even heard of Panther. He sounds AWESOME. lol @ the "no air" comment.

And plz don't kill me, but Krystal's accent is awesome. "I'm the only one who could come through in a fight like this." Well, blame Sakurai, Krystal. ;_;

*edit* "Cease your jabbering, parrot." AHAHAHA.

Blizzard said:

Man, I'd never even heard of Panther. He sounds AWESOME. lol @ the "no air" comment.

And plz don't kill me, but Krystal's accent is awesome. "I'm the only one who could come through in a fight like this." Well, blame Sakurai, Krystal. ;_;

Panther sounds awesome, but that's just it. He's all bark and no bite. Unless you count Command, because then his weapon is a one hit kill rail gun.

Edit: And Sakurai understands how these characters need to be handled. Krystal sounds awesome-- as does the rest of the crew. Confident, Cocky, and bantering.

Blizzard said:

ha, some of them sound decent. Some of the lines though...... D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom