• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest IV, V, VI for DS announced !!

Thomper

OokieSpookie said:
Actually to be honest I see the psp getting ff 3 , 4 and 5 first while ds gets these and then psp will get them later like ff 1 and 2.
Eh? DS already has FFIII, FFIV is coming up too. Face it, Square-Enix' new moneycow is the DS and that will be the platform where they will put 80% of their games this generation. Unless the Wii bumps in and takes some of that share.

Jiggy

Huh, IGN was pretty quick on the uptake for once adding these remakes to their database. Which is good, because I had to go furiously add the games to my wishlist, like the OCD type I am. >_>

NichM

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Good question. Separated or "all-in-a-pack" ?

What, from Square Enix?

190413b.jpg
190414b.jpg

Tiktaalik

HOLY **** YES

Ever since reading Nintendo Power back when I was a kid, and having Nintendo Power hype DQ6 like mad I've wanted to play these Dragon Quest games in english. I don't know why NP hyped DQ6 so much, I swear they gave it like 4 pages of coverage. Maybe it was really close to coming out in NA but never made it.

Anyway. **** YES. DS BEST SYSTEM EVER????????

lyre

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
I would imagine seperate since all three games are full complete games. Those who care about the series will buy all three anyway. :p

GDGF

Soothsayer
Razoric said:
How many more factories is Nintendo going to have to open to fulfill DS Lite demand? Wow. :O

They're going to have to start buying out small countries and hiring their entire populations as factory workers.

[Nintex]

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
And not only the hardware, but also the gazillions of cartridges.
I think Nintendo promised Square enough DS's on shelves when they launched a mayor game last year. I expect the same with these releases. Hell why won't Nintendo produce more, this S-E love is only selling more consoles.

Shouta

Mithos Yggdrasill said:

Probably separated. Considering the length and how indepth these will be.

Good news for folks that haven't played it any of these in a long time. I've played 4r and 5r so I only have 6 to possibly look forward to.

Why not 7? why stop at 6?

Oh well I'm not complaining, now I'll finally be able to play all the DQ games in English! :D

DQ 1,2 and 3 are on GBC right? how are the ports? are they faithful to the original?

I've never played a DQ game before and I'd rather get the proper experience!

Also was DQ 4 released in English before on the SNES or was it japan only? (i'd rather play the original version if possible)

npm0925

NichM said:
DQIV is my favorite in the series. I'm crossing my fingers for a NA release so hard my bones may break.
I believe it will happen, simply to build excitement for Dragon Quest IX outside of Japan and to give the development team another year to work on it.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
leroy hacker said:
DQVIII had the slowest combat in the whole series because of all the technological upgrades. In old-school dragon quest the battles move very quickly. This was true in DQVII as well even though it was on a disc medium. When grinding I could sometimes do three fights in a minute, whereas in most rpgs nowadays the shortest battles are at least a minute long, though I never timed the battles in DQVIII.

I never played enough of DQVIII to be able to say much about its story, but the storytelling in DQIV is marvelous, owing to the brilliant chapter system.

I am buying DQIV on day one if it comes to the US.

Good to hear. I played the whole thing, but didnt come away happy. I absolutely love the style and everything about the world, but I just did not quite expect such a generic story and combat system.

The real problem was the speed, it was all too slow and tedious so everything became a chore and nothing was rewarding, but if these DQs are as quick as FFIII is then there wont be a problem, even if their stories are just as plain.

Jiggy37 said:
First of all, FFVI is tied for my fifth favorite game ever--but, like, it was just put on GBA. Let it cool off a bit.
But second, no, I don't think it means that. The DQ games are pretty clearly not using the FFIII/IV engine, so S-E can probably do more than one at once.

Yeah definitely, I was thinking of pickin it up too, but this is SE and it'll be 2 years since IV came out on the GBA when the DS version will release so I figured expecting FFV next year and VI after that wasnt all that irrational.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
DQ6 will get it's first official remake on a handheld. maybe 7's remake will end up on a console.

I'm definitely interested. Been enjoying my first DQ, DQVIII on PS2. Aside from the generally traditional gameplay I've been digging the colorful Western medieval motif, which is likely why I seem to like Toriyama's art for this series only and not under other circumstances.

Munin

I never played the early Dragon Quests, but I do hope their gameplay isn't as archaic as Final Fantasy III's, because frankly, that one pretty much sucked gameplay-wise.

ari

Banned
tanod said:
The war has been over since NSMB came out. Just leave the PSP be with its ~25% market share.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

i don't think its that high AT ALL

the gba and ds makes like 90% of the handheld market :lol

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Rerelease of Dragon Quest I+II on PSP confirmed! No graphical updates other than some fancier sprites and a new dungeon. Maybe a FFIV FMV for the intro for both games, maybe.

Top Bottom