• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taylor Swift: Reputation

Bronx-Man

Banned
Everybody Wins in stores December 31st.
when Ye & Cudder throw them bars back n forth about exposing the snakes

ahh4.png
ahh4.png
ahh4.png

Alphahawk

I always thought the Internet did Taylor Swoft wrong: she and Kanye essentially were joking around and then when the song came out she realized it was a bad message to send to the little girls that looked up to her and so publicly said she was against the lyric.

JCX

I always thought the Internet did Taylor Swoft wrong: she and Kanye essentially were joking around and then when the song came out she realized it was a bad message to send to the little girls that looked up to her and so publicly said she was against the lyric.

Then why did she say she was cool with the song in the first place?

Servbot24

Banned
I heard that Taylor Swift doesn't even set up her own sound systems for concerts! #FakeMusic #YouCan'tFoolMeSoundWaves #BiasedPhysics

rtcn63

She's had more than a few songs with questionable messages. Her loyalty to little girls and nice boys and geeky tweens wearing camp tees only goes as far as the zeros in the paychecks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wasn't she rumoured to be making a heavily rap-influenced album? Does this mean she's going to collaborate a ton with Mike WiLL this time around and then distance her from black culture the next time?

And 8 minute songs? Swift stays making her career off of what Yeezus has done, huh

Moze

Banned
Why exactly do people hate Taylor so much on here? It isn't the Kanye thing that happened last year because the hate on here was way before that. I have seen some disgusting, misogynist comments thrown at Taylor on here over the years. Why? Why is she hated and why do some people on here feel it is okay to throw such unpleasant comments at her?

Bronx-Man

Banned
Wasn't she rumoured to be making a heavily rap-influenced album? Does this mean she's going to collaborate a ton with Mike WiLL this time around and then distance her from black culture the next time?

And 8 minute songs? Swift stays making her career off of what Yeezus has done, huh
Font is called Kanye Life of Pablo according to Tumblr lol
The yeezy influence brehs

Too bad it won't be on YouTube or anything...

Snake's too greedy for that :p

in jest but also not

Why exactly do people hate Taylor so much on here? It isn't the Kanye thing that happened last year because the hate on here was way before that. I have seen some disgusting, misogynist comments thrown at Taylor on here over the years. Why? Why is she hated and why do some people on here feel it is okay to throw such unpleasant comments at her?

I don't hate her - I love most of her music (yeah, Bad Blood is ass garbage but most of 1989 is like top tier), I just feel very put off by how greedy she comes off as. Like, SO greedy for someone that rich.

Kanye never told her about calling her a bitch.

Taylor often listens to rap music and even straight up starred in an Apple Music commercial set to Jumpman. If Taylor really has a problem with women being referred to as "bitches" in rap music, she chose a REALLY convenient time to suddenly start caring about it.

Jonnax

She got into a public spat with a rapper and rap is generally a bit misogynistic. 🙃

Faddy

Banned
Taylor often listens to rap music and even straight up starred in an Apple Music commercial set to Jumpman. If Taylor really has a problem with women being referred to as "bitches" in rap music, she chose a REALLY convenient time to suddenly start caring about it.

She cared when someone called her a bitch. People tend to get upset at personal insults.

IMO Kanye is weak for calling and asking for her permission. If he is going to dis her, do it and live with the fall out. If Taylor had asked him not to do the line would Kanye have removed it? Why should he let Taylor Swift be the gatekeeper of his music.

She cared when someone called her a bitch. People tend to get upset at personal insults.

IMO Kanye is weak for calling and asking for her permission. If he is going to dis her, do it and live with the fall out. If Taylor had asked him not to do the line would Kanye have removed it? Why should he let Taylor Swift be the gatekeeper of his music.

If Taylor only gets upset when she's called a bitch, then that just makes her a hypocrite and she's still the bad guy in this situation.

Kanye wanted to maintain a good relationship with Taylor considering the two of them have had a rocky past - he thought of a joke to put in his song and contacted her first. I seriously don't see how that's so hard to understand. He probably WOULD have removed the line if she didn't explicitly, on tape, agree to it.

Pavaloo

Crazy how TSwift became the Triple H of pop
Lmfao damn

Well yeah because he took out the other line Amber Rose asked him not to use lol. He just wanted jokes or abrasive punchlines with no ill will intended, doesn't seem complicated.

Mau ®

Taylor only changed her story to "he never told me about the bitch line" until she was exposed. Before that it was "I didn't know of the song's existence and I made my OWN fame"

You gonna tell me she was ok with Kanye hinting he could still have sex with her or saying he made her famous? But you gonna draw the line at being called a bitch? lol

Her whole behavior during the Calvin split and the forced Hiddleston PR relationship was off putting as well. She did well to not release an album that year.

Tay is a snake and she should own it and not play victim to the media's portrayal of her, a portrayal she cultivated anyway.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

It wasn't a diss, it was just supposed to be a little funny in his eyes and he was extending a polite gesture to her. Remember, this is Kanye "bitch is a term of endearment in hip-hop" West.

It's just a real messy situation with fault on both sides. Since the recorded clip isn't complete, it's likely Taylor didn't hear the "bitch" part, but with how Taylor's camp responded and the reputation she has as an artist of playing the victim, it's also likely she's being deceitful as she got caught lying in her initial response (where the snake thing comes from). I'm a Kanye stan and I still don't know who was more in the wrong. Without receipts of Swift listening to the "bitch" line, it's probably Ye.

Damn he is weak. I bet Tay never asked permission to call out people on her tracks.
It being a call out is purely a figment of your imagination. You don't need to look further than the video of their conversation. Or listen to the song.

Or like.. basically there's no basis for it being a diss/call out.

Faddy

Banned
Lmfao damn

Well yeah because he took out the other line Amber Rose asked him not to use lol. He just wanted jokes or abrasive punchlines with no ill will intended, doesn't seem complicated.

Damn he is weak. I bet Tay never asked permission to call out people on her tracks.

well, I've never liked anything she's done but if it's good I'll stan, w/e

fully prepared for Ayub to lose again, though.

Mau ®;246815110 said:
Rihanna is the Queen in general. Accept it and move on breh.

Yes, this was agreed upon several years ago. People still in denial smh

DMJ won as per

Kanye never told her about calling her a bitch.

Her response at the Grammy's was directed to young women about not letting other people undercut your hard work and taking credit for your "fame". Once Kim released the video of the phone call showing that Taylor was all aboard that concept of the song it all became about the word "bitch", which was the only word she could go to at the point due to not being mentioned in the call. Considering the context of the word in the song, along with Taylor being a big hip hop fan who has recorded with other artists who also use that word often in the same context. It really came across as phony and playing the victim. She pivoted.

Edit: just wanted to note that I'm not defending the use of the word "bitch" as a term of endearment in hip hop.

hiim_haz

Banned
Her response at the Grammy's was directed to young women about not letting other people undercut your hard work and taking credit for your "fame". Once Kim released the video of the phone call showing that Taylor was all aboard that concept of the song it all became about the word "bitch", which was the only word she could go to at the point due to not being mentioned in the call. Considering the context of the word in the song, along with Taylor being a big hip hop fan who has recorded with other artists who also use that word often in the same context. It really came across as phony and playing the victim. She pivoted.

Edit: just wanted to note that I'm not defending the use of the word "bitch" as a term of endearment in hip hop.

The above is exactly why I can't stand her. She's a phony.

Mau ®

Yup.

I love her music but she's fake.

hughesta

Banned
Because Taylor Swift is a robot manufactured solely to sell records

Top Bottom