• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

evangd007

Yeah I don't get the hate for Minfilia's USB. It's a haste source and an easily stackable Atk/Mag buff that only shares an ID with Lenna's USB on a unit with Support 5 and White Magic 5.

Shadow780

3/11 on today's LD.

Baltheir OSB
Bartz OSB1
Fran USB

Was hoping for instant cast relics but I guess quick cast is pretty good as well, and she can act as an entrust bot too for Magicites.

Anustart

Got 2/11, of course both OSB instead of USB or something, but...

Got Tifa's fist which I chased a bit back because she my waifu. And Basch sword which I'll take for another Holy burst.

ZangBa

Yeah I don't get the hate for Minfilia's USB. It's a haste source and an easily stackable Atk/Mag buff that only shares an ID with Lenna's USB on a unit with Support 5 and White Magic 5.

Because it's a weak buff with only 2 effects that everyone is getting at this point from other sources. For a USB, it's poor. This would be normal for an SSB months ago. The unit itself doesn't matter.

My Lucky Draw Haul:

Yuna BSB2
Aphmau BSB
Fang BSB2
Mustadio BSB
Rydia OSB
Vivi OSB
Hope OSB x 2

All new, except for getting Hope's relic twice obviously. Nothing from my dream list, but all be useful thankfully. Aphmau's BSB and Rydia's OSB are probably the most important for my arsenal. Yuna, Rydia and Vivi are favs of mine too, so that's a plus.

Then I could do my FFVI Banner 1 pulls. (11 + 3)

Setzer BSB
Setzer SSB2
Umaro SSB
Shadow SSB (dupe)

Very pleased about Setzer's BSB, as I really need Support based BSBs, and his is excellent. His SSB2 is nice too. I like Umaro so I'm happy to have a relic for him, but I would of preferred his BSB naturally. Wished I could of gotten one of the USBs or another BSB from it but I think this is adequate.

Still have 100 Mythril for the fest and we'll be getting a bunch as gifts/rewards so I'll have enough to do my desired pulls.

hesho

well.. that is an interesting way of pulling me back into ffrk..

i literally was wasting stamina everyday until today because..

from 3 lucky pulls

1st) 2 x Nirvana (v) (dupes).. at least got a +7 now i guess *shrugs

2nd) 6* Force Stealer (VII), Tidal Knuckles (X) | 5* Stardust Rod (II) and Sun Blade (II) (Dupe)

3rd) Gladius (XIII), Da Vinci Brush (VI), Fairy Bow (V), Artemis Bow (XII)...

so.. basically, 6 new 6*s, 1 new 5* with 3 dupes... i'd say mission accomplished there dena..

btw.. i tried out the magicites... how the hell do u do those.. in 30 seconds??!! wtf??!! i got CRUSHED by them ><

btw.. i tried out the magicites... how the hell do u do those.. in 30 seconds??!! wtf??!! i got CRUSHED by them ><
Sub 30 is generally some form of 0CT or reduced CT and entrusting an OSB user.

As for magicite in general. After about 1 minute 10 they go berserk constantly spamming their strongest ability so you need to be done before then (Liquid flame has multiple forms and one form is mostly gravity attacks so some players lock it in that form by not attacking then take 5 minutes reflecting damage via a radiant shield SB). The forced wall RW lasts 30 seconds per use. Breaks are near useless (extremely high debuff resist, support characters are still good for for wrath+entrust though).

You really need en-element and/or imperil hopefully +element gear along with stat boosts to hit softcap (no RS and the possibility your +element gear might not be top of the line makes this tougher than usual). You might need multiple boosts or forgotten relics. As an example some people found themselves suddenly using say, endless blessings (Serah SSB, Mag/Mnd hastega).

Start with an element you are strong in and see how far you can take the fight. At that point change it things up. Maybe you need more healers, different healers or more damage (RM3s are useful here). When these dungeons first hit Japan it took many players days until their first clear.

Some have weird annoying quirks like Fenrir with a P.Blink ability and an AoE wind attack that can slow.

SV3ciTil.png

Game likes giving me Rosa relics! Not too sure what to think about Greg's USB. The other two look pretty good (heard great things about Rosa's USB).

hesho

Start with an element you are strong in and see how far you can take the fight. At that point change it things up. Maybe you need more healers, different healers or more damage (RM3s are useful here). When these dungeons first hit Japan it took many players days until their first clear.

Some have weird annoying quirks like Fenrir with a P.Blink ability and an AoE wind attack that can slow.

i did... i tried bismark since i have a boatload of lightning based sbs and osb but my dmg was like.. nothing ><

I don't see myself ever beating any of these.... maybe living flame with the human form

edit: i probably should mention i haven't been doing any MP 220 dungeons nor any jumps because i just didn't care in awhile...

ultra7k

Pulled on the 3rd banner, got 5/11. Needless to say my sleep crusted eyes bulged out of their sockets.

DYSXb0I.jpg

1 x Edgar OSB
1 x Selphie USB
1 x Gilgamesh USB (dupe)
1 x Rapha USB
1 x Agrias OSB

Overall not bad! Was really hoping for one or more of the following
Lightning USB
Cloud USB
Bartz's Chicken Knife
Rosa USB

But I'm sure those will roll around in due time.

Iscariot

My LD hauls were

Sarah BSB
Y'sh BSB (dupe)
Ovelia BSB

Fran USB
Rinoa BSB2

Selphia USB

Not bad at all considering, I don't think there are any duds and healer relics are always good for CM's. More than anything I'm interested to see how Fran helps my Fenrir times, if at all.

Aside from dupes, my haul so far is:

Deuce BSB
Seifer USB
Vaan OSB

Deuce BSB is only one I'm really excited about. The others... aren't duds exactly but I don't know how I'm going to make much use of them.

hesho

if anyone cares.. as someone you has noone dived at all and only a handful of 99 chars, it is possible to turtle liquid flame. I can't master it though sadly :( I take too many actions :(

if only i can figure out a way to beat any of the others :(

Balphon

if anyone cares.. as someone you has noone dived at all and only a handful of 99 chars, it is possible to turtle liquid flame. I can't master it though sadly :( I take too many actions :(

Probably, but you'll need 4~ decent healers and native radiant shield.

if only i can figure out a way to beat any of the others :(

Depends on relics obviously, but the formula for most of my teams is:

Primary healer (Y'shtola BSB)
Secondary healer (Yuna BSB2 w/ MAG/RES buff)
ATK/MAG buff (Rikku USB or Gogo SSB)
Two damage dealers (either a good en-element BSB like Maria or Ashe, or an en-element + OSB combo like Terra w/ SSB and OSB)

I never use two healers in any other content in this game, so I didn't try it right off the bat, but for me it was the key to cracking Magicites.

hesho

my issue is that i only have 3 native hastegas (OK bsb, Ramzas SSB and Edge's SSB) so that kinda forces one of those chars in the party.

The bigger problem i have is that i have bad imperils. I have dark, holy and wind.. I tried bismark since i have orlandu's osb and it did a whopping 14k dmg with shout :/

my issue is that i only have 3 native hastegas (OK bsb, Ramzas SSB and Edge's SSB) so that kinda forces one of those chars in the party.

The bigger problem i have is that i have bad imperils. I have dark, holy and wind.. I tried bismark since i have orlandu's osb and it did a whopping 14k dmg with shout :/

Ramza and Onion Knight are both ideal, they can Wrath + Entrust to your damage dealers after providing their buff.

I've had much better results from en-element than imperil. But even an elemental BSB without en-element can do workable damage if you're buffing enough and hitting the boss' weakness.

WarAdept

Despite my terribad pulls, I can take solace in the fact that this event gave us 4(!) 5* Abilities and I still have a sizeable Dark Orb stash left.

All Ninja'd up with no USB to go with it :(

Also have Raging Waters/Reflecting Pool at R3/R4.

fQ1o4Wom.jpg
KQ10Asgm.jpg
PQbV4Tpm.jpg
pWLmhwBm.jpg

RAT22KLl.jpg

Despite my terribad pulls, I can take solace in the fact that this event gave us 4(!) 5* Abilities and I still have a sizeable Dark Orb stash left.

All Ninja'd up with no USB to go with it :(

Also have Raging Waters/Reflecting Pool at R3/R4.

fQ1o4Wom.jpg
KQ10Asgm.jpg
PQbV4Tpm.jpg
pWLmhwBm.jpg

RAT22KLl.jpg

That’s a lot of orbs! Are you going to be refreshing much this fest?

Yeah, now that I read it says 1 OSB guaranteed, so 1/30 here I go.

edit: and the gacha simulator

https://altema.jp/ffrk/gacha/321

Best pull is 9 twice, worst is a two pull.

Anything less than five is a disappointment unless they are non dupes and fulfill some need.

Wants:
any imperil fire, I don’t have one
Specific relics, something I would take from the gem bsb selection or crystal tower selection, ie firion, alphinaud, lulu, thancred bsbs.

MrDaravon

Alright so hit me up WarAdept since I know you are also one of the ability hone people on here, are these 4 new abilities from the FF6 event all worth honing up? First two seem interesting in that they bring reta meta back (???), but I'm always kind of hesitant on honing Dark stuff since I never seem to use it and Dark Orbs are a huge chokepoint for me.

Man I really need to get back into this game more, I haven't touched anything past the MC3 fight in an event in like 3 or 4 months, Raids, Magicites, nothing.

WarAdept

Alright so hit me up WarAdept since I know you are also one of the ability hone people on here, are these 4 new abilities from the FF6 event all worth honing up? First two seem interesting in that they bring reta meta back (???), but I'm always kind of hesitant on honing Dark stuff since I never seem to use it and Dark Orbs are a huge chokepoint for me.

Man I really need to get back into this game more, I haven't touched anything past the MC3 fight in an event in like 3 or 4 months, Raids, Magicites, nothing.

The new Fire Samurai skills are strong. Cyan is the Samurai that can exploit them the best.

The new Ninja skills are incredibly good, and for some reason DeNA is going to buff them in the future to be 7 hit with a higher multiplier. Shadow is the best Ninja that can exploit them (and becomes the highest DPS character in the game when these 2 are used in tandem with his USB).

The major downside is that these skills are meant to be used in tandem with each other...
... And all being 5* abilities, means R.I.P your Orb stash.

MrDaravon

The new Fire Samurai skills are strong. Cyan is the Samurai that can exploit them the best.

The new Ninja skills are incredibly good, and for some reason DeNA is going to buff them in the future to be 7 hit with a higher multiplier. Shadow is the best Ninja that can exploit them (and becomes the highest DPS character in the game when these 2 are used in tandem with his USB).

The major downside is that these skills are meant to be used in tandem with each other...
... And all being 5* abilities, means R.I.P your Orb stash.

I'm probably going to do a pull on FF6 banner 1, but right now I have nothing for either of those characters. Do you think it's still worth honing these up if I have nothing for those characters? I have some other Ninjas with decent stuff (Edge/Thancred BSBs and I think a couple others) but I don't think I have any Samurais with anything at all other than Greg BSB.

Xetherion

I think Auron is the better samurai for exploiting them,he also has an enFire burst. They have nearly identical record/legend dives, but Auron has +3% sword dmg and Cyan doesn't, plus Auron's LM1 increases all physical damage instead of just samurai ability damage which is better as it will also increase the damage of his SB entry.

MrDaravon

Trying to prepare for fest, this is my spreadsheet of current orbs and costs to hone things to r3 that are currently at r1. WHY IS EVERYTHING DARK AND ICE ORBS

tVLtd1B.png

MrDaravon

LOL good luck with that.

Oh yeah I'm not planning on getting all of these now, that's just a running sheet I have going, it just got inflated with 6 new abilities we've gotten the last few events. And some of them are low priority like Poison Leaves and Hailstorm because I don't have good stuff for characters that can actually take advantage of them etc. Just trying to plan things out, unless there's a Dark + Ice orb phase probably not going to bother on refreshes, but maybe I can clear enough Dark orbs to craft either the two water ninja skills or dark ninja skills together or something.

Anustart

Pulled on the japan 30 pull earlier in the year got 4/30 junk. I'm expecting 1/30 dupe here today.

Guarantee I pull worse on this 30 pull than some people's pulls on 11.

I heard of sub 30 being a thing but sub 20? Just need three sources of attack boosts, crit damage boost, fully dived cloud w/USB, perfect luck with omega drive combat double casts and necrofear? All that and we're going old school reta meta :p

Edit: Apparently in Japan the 30 draw would initially crash the game, give you no relics and then not let you pull because you had already pulled. They fixed it but those who pulled when it was glitched had to wait about a day longer.
but if its g30 then I get to enjoy being European and missing the fun

Top Bottom