• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

goblin

Vaguely related, but I've been having a crazy good time using slow firing and slow reloading guns with Harrow, that Penance power is nuts.

It's great! I've been using Harrow for non-sortie Defense missions. Condemn maxes out shields quick when enemies run at you in a line from predictable directions, and two minutes on Penance during the countdown will usually last the entire wave.

Brick

After bouncing off this game a few times, I figured I'd give this a solid go again. Can I get an invite to the GAF clan? Username: Brettrick

r1chard

Doing Inaros, and I got to farm Volatile Runners (yay, easy mode!) and Brood Mothers (yay, easy mode!) and even even got 8 kavat DNAs from that stage of the mission, so yeah, really good ... until third stage and I have to kill 5 Manics. AAAARGH!

so i got this pretty good rubico riven but i have no idea how much to sell it for ?

(Damage vs Infested)
-25.5%
(Critical Chance)
225.1%

(Critical Damage)
169.4%

Anyone wanna run something 30s-40s? Haven't really done much with fellow GAF'ers.

Or does anyone need help with something lower?

so i got this pretty good rubico riven but i have no idea how much to sell it for ?

(Damage vs Infested)
-25.5%
(Critical Chance)
225.1%

(Critical Damage)
169.4%

Give it to me for the low low price of (
Heart emojis!
)

Manzoon

Banned
Just used Nidus on an infested excavation. Boy that is an experience getting 100 mutation stacks, a rhino was buffing me and I was doing around 140k damage with my 1 power.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
so i ve just installed (through steam) and am patching the game now. i am going in mostly blind. is there anything i should know? aside from not spending silver on anything other than warframe slots?

oh ive also joined the GAF+GB community discord.

Rafy

so i ve just installed (through steam) and am patching the game now. i am going in mostly blind. is there anything i should know? aside from not spending silver on anything other than warframe slots?

oh ive also joined the GAF+GB community discord.

Pick Excalibur as your starting Warframe, it's the most versatile one of the three and the other two you can get pretty early in the game later on, while Excalibur is pretty far down the star chart.

Jellie

I was bored so decided to do axi xini with Nidus since Nidus is fun.
Ended up getting all this from intact relics. Each reward was from a different person as well so we all contributed.

20170924093307_1.jpg

20170924093316_1.jpg

So was just messing around during a defense mission and was hopping in and out of my frame for fun. And I noticed/realized...there's definitely a face in Nova Prime's frame (so I assume all frames). I know there's organic matter in the warframes due to the Alad V cutscene of him ripping apart a Mag frame.

Ever so slightly creepy. Then again Orokin have made worse things

Nordicus

TIL Ambulases have explicitly colored weak points. I've wasted tons of inefficient shots at them just to give up and run previously.

VandalD

My username is Cybernaton. Can I get invited to the clan? Thanks in advance.
You're already in a clan. You'll have to leave it to join GAF. If you do so, just let us know and someone will get you in.
Their armor parts glow red when they've taken enough damage for the armor to be "weak" and will be hurt more on those.
I didn't know that either. I just shoot them in the back and that tends to work out for me.

Arrrammis

Farming Ivara from Spy missions is still funny to me.

a: "Is there a way to do spy missions easier?"
b: "Yeah, just use Ivara"
a: "huh, ok. Where can I get Ivara?"
b: "Just do a couple hundred spy missions"
a: "..."

At a certain point I think the spy missions become easier because you have done them 100,000 times rather than Ivara just being that much better at them.

That said, some people still feel like they need to "contribute" in Spy sorties, and proceed to follow my Loki into a vault with their Rhino... and since they don't care about being sneaky, they trigger the alarm as they run full speed towards the console, can't figure out how to enter the room or hack, and we fail the mission. I know I should just solo those missions at this point, but there are enough groups that know what they're doing that it usually isn't a huge problem. I still think that even if you hate spy missions, you should spend a bit of time learning them (at least the normal ones, the Lua spy missions are not quite worth the effort to farm IMO).

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Just started playing the game a few days ago. For now I'm playing with a friend of mine, but eventually I'll join the clan if that's okay with you guys.

Also I managed to get Frost Prime through Twitch Prime since I have Amazon Prime. Feels good. I'm not playing it for now though, I'm just leveling Excalibur and getting used to the game.

We just did a mission with 3 grineer caches to get as a side objective, but for the life of us we could not find any. Do those require something special to be found? A scanner maybe? We don't have one yet.

(As an aside, the only thing I wish the game had so far was a better artstyle/art direction. I'm sorry, but the characters (both frames and enemies) are butt ugly. had to say it)

You're already in a clan. You'll have to leave it to join GAF. If you do so, just let us know and someone will get you in.

I didn't know that either. I just shoot them in the back and that tends to work out for me.

Ops.

I left the clan. Is it okay to inform you about getting the Ignis Wraith in case there were giveaways from other clans? I missed out on one of those giveaways because I thought it was fishy and I would be left out without a clan. They usually tell people to join, take the BPs and leave.

At a certain point I think the spy missions become easier because you have done them 100,000 times rather than Ivara just being that much better at them.

That said, some people still feel like they need to "contribute" in Spy sorties, and proceed to follow my Loki into a vault with their Rhino... and since they don't care about being sneaky, they trigger the alarm as they run full speed towards the console, can't figure out how to enter the room or hack, and we fail the mission. I know I should just solo those missions at this point, but there are enough groups that know what they're doing that it usually isn't a huge problem. I still think that even if you hate spy missions, you should spend a bit of time learning them (at least the normal ones, the Lua spy missions are not quite worth the effort to farm IMO).

You know, I still run through lasers with Loki in Sortie sometimes. You just need to know the shortcuts and how to reach the console. It isn't that hard even on tier 3 Sortie; you are still invisible. Grineer Spy is really easy; Corpus lasers suck balls.

VandalD

That said, some people still feel like they need to "contribute" in Spy sorties, and proceed to follow my Loki into a vault with their Rhino...
There was a time when I'd occasionally run sortie spy in public to try to help people out. Often, people don't listen, so it's quicker for me to just go in by myself and get it all done.
Just started playing the game a few days ago. For now I'm playing with a friend of mine, but eventually I'll join the clan if that's okay with you guys.

Also I managed to get Frost Prime through Twitch Prime since I have Amazon Prime. Feels good. I'm not playing it for now though, I'm just leveling Excalibur and getting used to the game.

We just did a mission with 3 grineer caches to get as a side objective, but for the life of us we could not find any. Do those require something special to be found? A scanner maybe? We don't have one yet.

(As an aside, the only thing I wish the game had so far was a better artstyle/art direction. I'm sorry, but the characters (both frames and enemies) are butt ugly. had to say it)
Just let us know when you want to join the clan. Joining and building your clan dojo key will give you access to more weapons and frames to build.

Frost Prime is a great frame, and it's kind of amazing they're giving him away like that. Excalibur is solid too, but Frost is the meta of defense-type missions.

Caches make a loud humming-ish noise as you get close to them, so that's one way to help you find them. They can be in weird spots of the map too, especially if you don't know how to bullet jump (crouch, aim, jump!) They also show up marked as regular containers on your minimap if you're using a loot detection mod like Thief's Wit.

The art style grew on me as time went on, but I also came into Warframe appreciating how weird everything looks.
Ops.

I left the clan. Is it okay to inform you about getting the Ignis Wraith in case there were giveaways from other clans? I missed out on one of those giveaways because I thought it was fishy and I would be left out without a clan. They usually tell people to join, take the BPs and leave.
No problem with that at all. Just might want to post here when you're going to do that, just in case we're near full in the clan at the time.

Tabby

Nope, you don't need anything special. They're just supposed to be hard to find.

Never do public Spy

I've (finally) learned almost all the spy missions, Lua...haven't bothered after I did one and was like "nah". I do them solo now.

With Ivara's augment I just walk to the console, don't even care about dem lasers! :3

Manzoon

Banned
I still don't have Ivara, is there something that makes here more stealthy than Loki? I've become extremely skilled at the spy missions, all flavors.

Something that was a recent revelation for me, because I never use the damn power, is that you can swap your position with Loki's decoy using the 3 power. It's like having a pocket Nova portal and trivializes some of the spy vaults.

I still don't have Ivara, is there something that makes here more stealthy than Loki? I've become extremely skilled at the spy missions, all flavors.

Something that was a recent revelation for me, because I never use the damn power, is that you can swap your position with Loki's decoy using the 3 power. It's like having a pocket Nova portal and trivializes some of the spy vaults.
Ivara augment lets you ignore laser traps.

But loki 1+3 works just fine.

goblin

I still use Loki for Spy personally, but it's more because I hate not being able to bullet jump while invisible. There was a time when Loki could decoy/switch through all lasers without tripping them. It was great, totally trivialized all Spy maps and I'm sad that it's gone.

Its the first thing i found out which made Loki the fucking God of Spy and why i continue to sing praises on how he breaks the mode.

DE has fixed some scenarios where it no longer works (eg the first half of the corpus laser grid vault and recently that grinner one where the path is blocked by a laser door and you instead have to use the conveyor belt to move while dodging the spheres on them) but its still pretty handy

Manzoon

Banned
Its the first thing i found out which made Loki the fucking God of Spy and why i continue to sing praises on how he breaks the mode.

DE has fixed some scenarios where it no longer works (eg the first half of the corpus laser grid vault and recently that grinner one where the path is blocked by a laser door and you instead have to use the conveyor belt to move while dodging the spheres on them) but its still pretty handy

The first half is by far the easiest, I did notice there is an invisible wall you can't cast the decoy through. I used to two man all the spy missions with a buddy and I took Nova to portal through that one on the higher difficulties. Now we just use Loki for everything and it's even easier.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Just let us know when you want to join the clan. Joining and building your clan dojo key will give you access to more weapons and frames to build.

Sure thing. Thanks in advance.

Frost Prime is a great frame, and it's kind of amazing they're giving him away like that. Excalibur is solid too, but Frost is the meta of defense-type missions.

That's great to hear, though it feels unfair to people who don't/can't have Twitch Prime through Amazon Prime.

How would you say is the fastest way for a new player to get 2 platinum (apart from paying for them, duh)? I used most of my starter platinum on 1 Warframe slot and weapon slots, so now I've got 18 left. I'd like another frame slot since Frost Prime is already using the one I bought.

Caches make a loud humming-ish noise as you get close to them, so that's one way to help you find them. They can be in weird spots of the map too, especially if you don't know how to bullet jump (crouch, aim, jump!) They also show up marked as regular containers on your minimap if you're using a loot detection mod like Thief's Wit.

Nope, you don't need anything special. They're just supposed to be hard to find.

Gotcha, thank you. Guess we didn't look hard enough, even knowing about bullet jumps. I got used to that pretty quickly. It's very satisfying, though it kinda looks silly if you ask me.

How would you say is the fastest way for a new player to get 2 platinum (apart from paying for them, duh)? I used most of my starter platinum on 1 Warframe slot and weapon slots, so now I've got 18 left. I'd like another frame slot since Frost Prime is already using the one I bought.

Frost Prime should have come with its own slot?

The first half is by far the easiest, I did notice there is an invisible wall you can't cast the decoy through. I used to two man all the spy missions with a buddy and I took Nova to portal through that one on the higher difficulties. Now we just use Loki for everything and it's even easier.

True but it made it even easier when it worked. :/

For me at first the decoy was deemed obstructed (even though it wasn't) so i couldn't teleport, then another time i tried it the decoy kept going in the laser mat so if you did switch you would trigger the alarm LOL

Frost Prime should have come with its own slot?

I agree.

They usually do (i.e prebuilt frames/weapons come with their own slot) so i don't think it would be different for this.

Edit WHELP, i'm back to reality now. :(

3rd straight statue

darklin0

Banned
I have been having the itch to play this again so I ended up downloading it last night. Turns out, I am totally lost. lol

Hopefully I can get up to speed soon and I would like an invite to the clan. I am sure ign is darklins.

VandalD

The only reason I don't care for my status Boar riven is because I have a status Kohm riven.
I have been having the itch to play this again so I ended up downloading it last night. Turns out, I am totally lost. lol

Hopefully I can get up to speed soon and I would like an invite to the clan. I am sure ign is darklins.
Invite sent. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here, or on the alliance Discord. Don't forget to make your clan key for dojo access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom