• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 2 screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mojovonio said:
:lol

oh man, you guys are getting desperate.

Desperate for what, thats a legit question. I own both PS3 and xbox360, I like 360 way better than PS3 atm, but I do worry about the DVD limit on my xbox360. Is it wrong?
I simply asked how big is Sigma, since I can't tell from the blu-ray disc. If you don't know just say you don't know.

moai

ps3 game comparison. check.
game "surely" coming to ps3. check
dvd size.check

i think we've already covered everything.....................:lol

duk

Banned
virtuafightermaster said:
Desperate for what, thats a legit question. I own both PS3 and xbox360, I like 360 way better than PS3 atm, but I do worry about the DVD limit on my xbox360. Is it wrong?
I simply asked how big is Sigma, since I can't tell from the blu-ray disc. If you don't know just say you don't know.

do you really worry about that? i think there are plenty of other things to worry about in life.

MCD

dark10x said:
I'm sure it will fit nicely on a DVD9. The game does not seem to use any of the more advanced texturing techniques (which would require a much greater volume of higher quality textures) or anything else that would eat up space. I can't imagine Sigma was all that large. Heck, they even used upscaled movies from the XBOX version rather than re-mastering them (though some of the movies were replaced with in game cinematics).

Only one movie was replaced with in game cinematic (the Doku fight).

and they removed the first movie (introduction), all others were there.

virtuafightermaster said:

Ask yourself this:

even if it was bigger than DVD9, what reason would prevent them to put it on more than 1 disc?

Speevy

Banned
Oh yeah, and about the ever-present Sigma discussion, it probably looks better than Sigma.

But...it's still not as good looking as a ton of other games on the Xbox 360.

moai said:
ps3 game comparison. check.
game "surely" coming to ps3. check
dvd size.check

i think we've already covered everything.....................:lol

You're right, I don't know why I bothered countermeasuring fanboyism in the GT5 thread.

mrmrec2

Banned
NG2 screens!!!

6gbrsyo.gif

XSamu

Banned
ezekial45 said:
It's Gorgeous! Will there be a simultaneous release for PS3 and 360?
Itagaki doesn't do multiplatform, he doesn't believe in it. So timed-exclusive probably.
Luckyman said:
Wow just wow..

Team Ninja continues to fail? Sigma-engine can't be the true next-gen.. right?
Just go and die emo kid.

Avalon

Although it does look like Sigma (with improvements all around) and these shots are probably touched up... I really hope this hits the PS3. I haven't even finished Sigma yet, but I can safely say that it's the best action game I've ever played. Easily better then all the other games made in this particular style.

Draft

It looks like Sigma. To argue otherwise would be folly. From a graphics standpoint, it's a little disappointing. The rumored "new" art style is nowhere to be found, and the game doesn't appear to be doing anything technically that Sigma didn't do first.

That being said.

Holy FUCK full bodily dismemberment. Protect your NECK son cause it's about to go on the chopping block.

XSamu

Banned
Draft said:
It looks like Sigma. To argue otherwise would be folly. From a graphics standpoint, it's a little disappointing. The rumored "new" art style is nowhere to be found, and the game doesn't appear to be doing anything technically that Sigma didn't do first.
Exactly, that's why we need video's.

I'm also suspicious whether those blood effects make it into the final game, Sigma had similar blood in the early screens that were no where to be found in the finished product.

GuessWho

wow at some of the haters...there's nothing to complain about, yet they always find something.
NG2 = action game of the year/gen.

Topfuel

Draft said:

That being said.

Holy FUCK full bodily dismemberment. Protect your NECK son cause it's about to go on the chopping block.

Do you work at Team Ninja?

Looks pretty good. I'd say a better lighting engine than sigma, more gore, and more polys, but not much different from sigma in the end, and at least the ENTIRE game will look like that. I'm pretty disappointed though, Team Ninja were dropping hints at NG2 having a completely new art style, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Hope we get a video soon.

bill0527

ezekial45 said:
It's Gorgeous! Will there be a simultaneous release for PS3 and 360?

Note: This was from a year ago.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/730/730809p3.html

IGN: Looking into the future, does Team Ninja have plans to develop PlayStation 3 games? And will there be any announcements of said games at TGS?

Tomonobu Itagaki: Yeah, we have seen the PlayStation 3 hardware and we're studying it. We're messing around with it right now. I think it's a good machine. But I think the most important thing is for people to have good games that they want to play on good hardware, so if there is a demand for it, we may follow that path some time in the future. Obviously, we are big supporters of the Xbox platform. There are a lot of fans of the Xbox that support us and are with us because of that, so I just want everyone to know that we are going to continue bringing out the newest releases on the Xbox platform before they're on other systems.

There's also this Gametrailers interview, which for some reason, I can't seem to get working right now.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=13647&type=wmv

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
So you people think that blood splatter effect is not a HUGE technical leap? It seems like theres DYNAMIC body dismemberment, thats a VERY hard thing to do and Sigma didn't even get close to that, at all. Havent seen a game do that before, or at least nowhere near that well, should get more props.

Other than that? Yeah it looks similar to Sigma, I still prefer it to what Ive seen of DMC4 though.

Draft

Raging Spaniard said:
So you people think that blood splatter effect is not a HUGE technical lead? It seems like theres DYNAMIC body dismemberment, thats a VERY hard thing to do and Sigma didn't even get close to that, at all. Havent seen a game do that before, or at least nowhere near that well, should get more props.

Other than that? Yeah it looks similar to Sigma, I still prefer it to what Ive seen of DMC4 though.
If the animations are sick and the dismemberments as dynamic as these screens suggest, you are right, the game could be a stealth stunner.

Elhandro

LuCkymoON said:
I hope this never sees the light of day on the PS3; I don't own both consoles to see the same fucking games on them.

Hate Much....

This game looks great. Very similar to Sigma but with a little extra of everything that makes this look like a Team Ninga game.

I too own both consoles and I could care less if the PS3 sees a port later on, no need for the excessive hate.

El

The gore and dismemberment makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside... but I still can't help but hope Itagaki comes out at TGS, states those screens are over a year old and then shows new, better looking screens...

Awntawn

D.Cowboys said:
You must have missed all the bans for DMC4 and MGS4.
Except MGS3 Sigma wasn't released for the 360 less than half a year ago that looks like it's using the same engine as MGS4 is now.

But I agree with Luckymoon in a sense. I didn't only buy a 360 to justify trolling it D;

GrayFoxPL

WOW it looks almost exactly how I expected(and I expected a lot), maybe even better. But the real game will certainly look bit worse then the screens so it'll revert to tje look I expected :lol.

I'd spit in the mouth of majority of posters here if I didn't know that some of them would like it.

The game wins with the lone fact that it has BLADE BOOTS! The only other game that I saw this was sucky Spy Fiction but her I expect marvelously animated massive spinning decapitation kicks.

I don't really care what Itakagi said or will say in interviews. Itakagi's PR face is Cuntus Maximus, that's his choice. Thankfully that has nothing to do with the fact that he makes kickass NG games.

NG2_9.png

Awesome...

*bzzzzzzz.......bzzzzzzzzz.....*

Hold on. Someone's calling.

- Hello? Oh! It's you?!
- Yes..? Wait...You want...Oh!
- Ok, I'll tell them.
- You too. Take Care.

It was Dreamcast. He wants his ground textures back.

Couldn't resist, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom