• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithnCo

I bet they'll tweak Pit's moveset a little to incorporate some of the new weapons from the 3DS game. Maybe he'll be more of a ranged fighter.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So Pit is totally getting a new final smash or similar courtesy of the recent Uprising trailer. making room for playable Palutena & Medusa maybe? ;)

All jokes, don't get started on me.

Please do for Pit's final smash. I would love to have that uber armor for Pit's final smash.

GamerSoul

PokéKong;35231586 said:
A great many villains are simply better left as bosses. They already established Ridley's fighting as a mix between Master Hand and Dyna Blade, and you definitely wouldn't want to turn either of those into playable characters.

I'd like it if Adventure mode kept the same basic formula as SSE, but just with a tad shorter levels, and only enemies and bosses from each franchise, no wacky new made up stuff. Then there'd be more than enough room for every great villain to appear which wouldn't be well suited as a playable character. You can get all sorts of legendary Pokemon, Fire Emblem wicked kings and dark knights, mind destroying Kirby celestial entities, Metal Gears, Space Pirates.....

Truth. If some of the villains were put in as just bosses they could be more over-powered and over the top to really make the battles more epic.

And you just gave a crazy idea when you mentioned legendaries. After you defeat the legendary pokemon you would be able to catch them in the story mode and use the once per stage/chapter with a max of 6 in your party. Since they are technically items it would not be that hard to implement. Now that would be crazy good bwahahaha.

If they're going to go through the trouble of creating new character models and animations for bosses then they might as well just make them playable characters as well. Just tweak their attributes to Uber levels for higher difficulties, whatever. That way when you beat them and unlock them as a character it's actually rewarding.

Multiplayer should always take precedent over single player in Smash. Stop wasting time putting Ridley into the single player if we can't use him.

KevinCow

Banned
Ridley playable, Kraid or Mother Brain as a boss. Or maybe Metroid Prime.

And the bosses should appear outside of the adventure mode. It was a shame that they put so much effort into them and then they barely showed up. Maybe you could face a random boss during Classic mode.

I bet they'll tweak Pit's moveset a little to incorporate some of the new weapons from the 3DS game. Maybe he'll be more of a ranged fighter.

Please do for Pit's final smash. I would love to have that uber armor for Pit's final smash.

He could have a "Three Sacred Treasures" Final Smash.

Some veterans I could see getting move set retooling:

Pit- Uprising based moves.

Mario- Goodbye FLUDD. Hello Tanooki Tail? Butt Stomp?

Zelda/Shiek- Remove Shiek in favor of Impa. Either as a new pairing or completely seperate characters. This could even be Zelda's new Final Smash HUGE SKYWARD SWORD SPOILERS

Ganondorf- Give him his own attacks!

Samus- Some easier mechanism to switch to Zero Suit, at least on the character select screen.

Fox/Falco/Wolf- Only one of you gets the landmaster. Fight over it.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
He could have a "Three Sacred Treasures" Final Smash.

Some veterans I could see getting move set retooling:

Pit- Uprising based moves.

Mario- Goodbye FLUDD. Hello Tanooki Tail? Butt Stomp?

Zelda/Shiek- Remove Shiek in favor of Impa. Either as a new pairing or completely seperate characters. This could even be Zelda's new Final Smash HUGE SKYWARD SWORD SPOILERS

Ganondorf- Give him his own attacks!

Samus- Some easier mechanism to switch to Zero Suit, at least on the character select screen.

Fox/Falco/Wolf- Only one of you gets the landmaster. Fight over it.

Sound reasonable but I can't see Sakurai would let sheik go.

There is easy way to access to Zero Suit Samus by holding Z or L (Guard button) when you select the character and start the game.

Snakey

At the minimum I just want all of Brawls characters brought back plus Mewtwo & Roy.

Also, I agree that the Three Sacred Treasures should be Pit's new Final Smash.

I still think that Palutena and Medusa would be enough to the satisfy "more female characters" crowd.

SmithnCo

Sound reasonable but I can't see Sakurai would let sheik go.

There is easy way to access to Zero Suit Samus by holding Z or L (Guard button) when you select the character and start the game.

The Samus thing is kinda convoluted, they should have a toggle on the character select instead of making you hold a button, would be easier for people to understand.

kid-icarus-uprising-20120119094840097_640w.jpg

Speaking of Kid Icarus, what are the odds this guy's going to pop up?

Obviously we don't know much about his role in the game, but I'd enjoy another Ike-esque character.

kid-icarus-uprising-20120119094840097_640w.jpg

Speaking of Kid Icarus, what are the odds this guy's going to pop up?

Obviously we don't know much about his role in the game, but I'd enjoy another Ike-esque character.

According to Sakurai, he's only in one chapter of the game (and there are at least like eight chapters). I highly doubt he'll appear as a playable character.

And Sheik isn't going anywhere. If anything she's more relevant now than she was when Brawl came out thanks to the Ocarina of Time remake.

According to Sakurai, he's only in one chapter of the game (and there are at least like eight chapters). I highly doubt he'll appear as a playable character.

And Sheik isn't going anywhere. If anything she's more relevant now than she was when Brawl came out thanks to the Ocarina of Time remake.

Hmm. Trailer seemed to indicate he had a bigger role.
On a tangent of minor characters, Groose also needs at least an Assist Trophy spot.

McNum

A hazard on a Skyward Stage as either him falling from the sky or using the Groosinator
The Sealed Grounds could make for a pretty good stage in Smash, really. Especially when you consider the fight against Ghirahim on the platforms.

By the time SSB4 comes out I'm sure there will be a 3DS Zelda and MM remake out.

The only way for her to regain relevance imo is for that spin-off game to come out.

As for Impa ... it's sad really. She's one of the main characters of the series, a staple at this point, but she will never get into Smash because Sakurai wont want to change up old characters too much.

Either that or she will be a standalone clone of Sheik ... cause that's what happens when a LoZ character shares a body type with another character.

I still think that Palutena and Medusa would be enough to the satisfy "more female characters" crowd.

No, It wont.

Just cause Sakurai's nepotism brings in 2 characters that just happen to be female doesn't make up for the fact that there's a shitton of Female Nintendo characters that are relevant enough to their series that wouldn't get in if those 2 are the only new ones.

KevinCow

Banned
Sonic stays in.

Mega Man gets in.

Eggman and Wily team up for a boss battle. They both build killer robots and float around in little pod things. It would be perfect.

PokéKong

Since I'm so against transforming characters, I'd be for separating Sheik and Zelda. Making Sheik the OoT representation and Zelda be updated to her adorable SS self. And merging aspects of adult and Toon Link into SS Link, since I think having multiple versions of the same character around is just really weird no matter the circumstances.

udivision

PokéKong;35261786 said:
Since I'm so against transforming characters, I'd be for separating Sheik and Zelda. Making Sheik the OoT representation and Zelda be updated to her adorable SS self. And merging aspects of adult and Toon Link into SS Link, since I think having multiple versions of the same character around is just really weird no matter the circumstances.

Dr. Mario and Mario was weird to me. But I don't mind different Links as much considering there are about 15 Links and 1 Mario, and each Link has a slightly varied arsenal of weapons from game to game. But then it would make more sense to have a Link that represents all Links instead that, although he looks like the most current incarnation, he could have weapons used by other ones.

Just cause Sakurai's nepotism brings in 2 characters that just happen to be female doesn't make up for the fact that there's a shitton of Female Nintendo characters that are relevant enough to their series that wouldn't get in if those 2 are the only new ones.

Like who? Aside from Dixie I can't think of any.

KevinCow

Banned
If they bring in Impa, it should be fat Impa from the first couple games and the Oracles.

But she should have the moves ninja Impa would have.

cednym

Banned
The only deserving/iconic female left is Dixie Kong. Anyone else would feel shoehorned in for the sake of having more women.

Alrix

The only deserving/iconic female left is Dixie Kong. Anyone else would feel shoehorned in for the sake of having more women.

What about....Tiny Kong :(

edit: Oh jesus, I didn't know Tiny was in anything after DK64...nevermind. Just nevermind.

KevinCow

Banned
I really like Dixie and would love to see her in Smash. DKC2 is one of my top games of all time, and DKC3 is up there, too. As a character, she has some fun potential with crazy hair moves.

...But I don't know if she's really big enough. She's often ignored even within her own series. I don't get the feeling that she's very iconic except to those of us who grew up with DKC2.

Maybe I'm just overcompensating for my bias, though.

I think her chances - and K. Rool's - hinge on where they go with DKCR2.

GamerSoul

If they bring in Impa, it should be fat Impa from the first couple games and the Oracles.

But she should have the moves ninja Impa would have.

lol. U crazy.

And I don't see how Dixie is iconic in any way. Hell I would even say that about some characters that are already in Brawl. Palutena and Medusa have a good chance to be in and everyone else is wishful thinking although i think Syrup and Lyn should be in because they would be great characters.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
PokéKong;35264828 said:
They made it pretty hard to find any "important" ones in all that mess. And they left out Lyndis??

Mia from Golden Sun? (Actually I don't mind Sveta. I read her bio. She seem to be interesting character but I will play Golden Sun 3 soon)

ffdgh

Sonic stays in.

Mega Man gets in.

Eggman and Wily team up for a boss battle. They both build killer robots and float around in little pod things. It would be perfect.

and they work together to turn bowser into Cyber giga bowser. rocket punch!

GamerSoul

lol golden sun

Lyn is way more important than any of them

I love Golden Sun and it's a great series but yea I'm pretty sure FE is more popluar. Isaac was an AT so he has a slight chance to get upgraded to playable as does Lyn. Isaac's moveset would probably be amazing simply do to the sheer amount possibilites. The elements could be incorporated into each of his specials and a summon could be his FS. I think Isaac would be good enough to rep the series.

and they work together to turn bowser into Cyber giga bowser. rocket punch!

That would be amazing.

Like who? Aside from Dixie I can't think of any.

To name a few?

Impa
She's been in HOW MANY LoZ games as the same role of "Zelda's Protector" in some way? And now that we have an actual game the throws her upfront and shows us what she can do I see no reason for her to be excluded.

Rosalina
I wouldn't pick her had Nintendo not made a decision to bring her into the Mario Gang fold by placing her in these side games. Seems like she's more of a Super Mario Galaxy staple and rep given her importance in these games and something tells me that they're not gonna let up on the Galaxy games when WU comes out. As of now she's the newest character to enter the Mario cast.

Captain Syrup
Wario's long time rival and villain in the Wario Land series. Pirate Captain who's as sneaky and greedy as Wario? Sounds great to me. But if they want to give Wario a character from the WarioWare series then they have even more options like Monaand Ashley or Kat-Ana (who actually made it into Brawl as AT). I certainly wouldn't complain if Wario got a 2nd character.

And that's not even including ones like Krystal (Female love interest to go with the Sidekick/ rival spots) or Airan Jo (I would include her and Saki as a Mario Bros like pair Both are equally playable main characters from their game. To ME it seems very likely that the series will get some form or representation in the roster and I would think that they would easily share a move-set) or even someone from the AW series like Sami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom