• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 16-22

Busaiku

Anyone able to explain what's up with Own3D for me?
Like whenever Spooky does lower key things (streaming himself playing random games, Savage Saturdays, or something else), the Own3D interface is like This..

I don't have to pop out the chat window, and his older videos are on the bottom.

However, when he does Big Two or a major, it's completely different.
The actual stream window is smaller, with the videos running along the side, and I have to pop out chat.

Hag

Anyone able to explain what's up with Own3D for me?
Like whenever Spooky does lower key things (streaming himself playing random games, Savage Saturdays, or something else), the Own3D interface is like This..

I don't have to pop out the chat window, and his older videos are on the bottom.

However, when he does Big Two or a major, it's completely different.
The actual stream window is smaller, with the videos running along the side, and I have to pop out chat.

how do you put the irc chat in the stream page? I've it opened up here and there's no irc chat

Busaiku

how do you put the irc chat in the stream page? I've it opened up here and there's no irc chat

I don't know, the way you describe it is the way it usually is during Big Two and the like.
I'd prefer it if it were like that for Big Two as well, but it never is.

Only for these smaller things.

Hag

I don't know, the way you describe it is the way it usually is during Big Two and the like.
I'd prefer it if it were like that for Big Two as well, but it never is.

Only for these smaller things.

oh I see. that's pretty strange

Venfayth

The Spring Fighter banner on the wall :D Love it.

I really love the flyer for Spring Fighter. The artist is Rachel E Morris. Her site, her Twitter.

ZCyoa.jpg

jbug617

Banned
Spooky just announce that he will be doing Savage Saturdays tonight. He says a lot less of SFXT and more AE and Skullgirls if they have the entrants.

K.Sabot

Someone said "do it for singapore" in the backround and I just realized "Spore" = SingaPore.

System blown.

Also, I hope to god Skullgirls picks up at NextLevel so we can have AE, Marvel, and Skullgirls on the game roster. That would make a VS. game, an OG SF, and an "anime" game.

USD

And GamerBee takes it. They're gonna be playing casuals for a while though, so there's still something to watch.

K.Sabot

Surprised GB went up against Uryo so early, you'd think that would happen closer to grand finals. Uryo would have cleared the bracket in my opinion.

jbug617

Banned
Spooky said that the MLP:Fighting is Magic makers want want him to stream their event and willing to throw a Marvel and AE tournament also so he can come.

USD

Surprised GB went up against Uryo so early, you'd think that would happen closer to grand finals. Uryo would have cleared the bracket in my opinion.
It's random brackets, and for a tournament without any sort of seeding, that's how it should be.

Riposte

If they manage to throw off SFxTK I would be impressed. I mean nothing against the game, but I was under the impression that tournaments would always play the latest Capcom game no matter what.

If they manage to throw off SFxTK I would be impressed. I mean nothing against the game, but I was under the impression that tournaments would always play the latest Capcom game no matter what.

Capcom games remain at the top because that's what most of the community plays and watches. But SFxT has not been met with the same love as SF4 and Marvel 3. I don't know about every community, but the numbers at WNF, TNT(or some NorCal tourney), and even at my local tournament are falling by the wayside. Just take WNF for example since Level UP has easily the most popular weekly stream. The game started averaging around 50-60 people when it first came out. But the latest one only had 15 teams for a total of 30 players, far behind SF4, Marvel 3, and even KOF which surprisingly had the 2nd most this week. My local had 34 in the first month, but dropped to 18 in the 2nd. I'm sure many areas still have a very strong SFxT scene where it remains the top or 2nd most popular game. But as you see, it has fallen hard in many other areas unlike Marvel and SF4 in there early days.

zlatko

Banned
So I think the only game that got pushed off to the wayside faster for streams this generation was SF3: Online Edition. SFxT is fun to play, miserable to watch lol. :(

Tournaments are gonna play the latest games that bring in the numbers, both live and on stream.

SFxT didn't.

jbug617

Banned
Capcom games remain at the top because that's what most of the community plays and watches. But SFxT has not been met with the same love as SF4 and Marvel 3. I don't know about every community, but the numbers at WNF, TNT(or some NorCal tourney), and even at my local tournament are falling by the wayside. Just take WNF for example since Level UP has easily the most popular weekly stream. The game started averaging around 50-60 people when it first came out. But the latest one only had 15 teams for a total of 30 players, far behind SF4, Marvel 3, and even KOF which surprisingly had the 2nd most this week. My local had 34 in the first month, but dropped to 18 in the 2nd. I'm sure many areas still have a very strong SFxT scene where it remains the top or 2nd most popular game. But as you see, it has fallen hard in many other areas unlike Marvel and SF4 in there early days.

Wow, Big 2 had more teams than WNF. This game can possible be dead after EVO.

rCIZZLE

big two had 7. Evo should just go the singles route and allow gems the way the game is meant to be played.

Gems wont make this game anymore appealing or help with timeouts. Maybe a few interesting things would happen but the game is destined to die.

Top Bottom