• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward ops to show PS4 footage for COD IGN vids- a series first since MS deal?

liquidtmd

Banned
tumblr_m5zajiRB7C1rol1w1.gif

But MS is CoDs home right......right

There comes a point where you have to get a second job, leave home and get your own place

This is........bizarre.

Essentially COD=Xbox.

I mean, it was at their fucking Xbone reveal! They have map packs coming first to Xbone and everything. Strange stuff.

I wonder if they will ask them about that.

Since the tides have probably changed this coming generation, what would Xbox even be known for? It seems that the PS4 is becoming everything at once, not just a COD/Gears/Halo machine like with the 360.

Wurdfurd

I'll still play CoD on Xbox One, even though I've decided the PS4 my main console for multi-plats, just cant imagine playing CoD on a controller other than the Xbox's

I'll still play CoD on Xbox One, even though I've decided the PS4 my main console for multi-plats, just cant imagine playing CoD on a controller other than the Xbox's

Then from what I've been hearing and reading, the One's controller isn't as good as the 360s, even though it has more tech in it.

Wurdfurd

Then from what I've been hearing and reading, the One's controller isn't as good as the 360s, even though it has more tech in it.

Stick placement is my biggest thing, I'm so used to asymmetrical placement that my right thumb actually starts to hurt when playing PS3 shooters for a while. I know, weird.

Maybe with the PS4 being my main console I'll get used to it :S

The fuck is going on in this thread?

love, hate, confusion.... but most of all blindness in not seeing Xbox One's gameplay

but I'm guessing both version will look identical... the problem here is it is probably easier to port on PS4 then the Xbox One

-----------------------------------------
Edit:
The fuck is going on in this thread?

Huh. What is it good for?

10/10

Stick placement is my biggest thing, I'm so used to asymmetrical placement that my right thumb actually starts to hurt when playing PS3 shooters for a while. I know, weird.

It's a complete redesign. Have u seen the side by side pics?

Keep in mind the game still has not been shown or played on an actual xbone, it's always been PC running at xbone spec. My guess is that's still the case and giving IGN a full PC devkit was not an option, so they likely opted for a retail or sdk PS4. That's actually quite alarming given launch is 30 days away...

Definitely a interesting turn.

I dont see why they would show the PS4 version and go against 6 odd years of money hatted tradition other then the xbox version is maybe not ready yet. A little concerning a month from launch.

FINALBOSS

Banned

The problem was the ergonomics of the DS3--it didn't faciliate the symmetrical layout well...certainly not as well as the 360 controller did. When you grabbed the 360 controller your left thumb just naturally grafted towards the top. The DS4 looks to have fixed all of that so don't worry about the symmetrical layout.

You're not making any sense whatsoever and you're drawing a big assumption based on nothing. If we go by the MS-Activision partnership and sales history (and online presence), then clearly the Xbox would be the lead platform.

I think he meant "lead platform" as in being the lead platform during development which I don't think has anything to do with contracts or agreements

StuBurns

Banned

I dont see why they would show the PS4 version and go against 6 odd years of money hatted tradition other then the xbox version is maybe not ready yet. A little concerning a month from launch.
But what's to say whatever deal MS and Acti have in place even mentions which version is publicly shown? Maybe the 360 version was just always shown because it was always the best (and it was).

have we even seen real XB1 footage yet? and I don't mean PC with xb1 button prompts like the multiplayer reveal?

I'm actually wondering the exact same thing. I wasn't going to repeat this, just because, but my friends and I talked to Major Nelson this weekend at an Xbox event, and my friend asked him why they weren't showing Ghosts when they had BF4 there?

He replied with "because it isn't ready to show yet".

Hmmm.

JABEE

Conspiracy lunatics everywhere...

I don't understand what the conspiracy would be. Publishers show their games under conditions that are most optimal and give them the best chance to impress. Call of Duty is now being demoed on consoles for the first time. They chose to demo the game on PS4.

Skeff

Both Versions will currently be Gold, if it's not up to scratch yet, tough it's going to press.

I'm actually wondering the exact same thing. I wasn't going to repeat this, just because, but my friends and I talked to Major Nelson this weekend at an Xbox event, and my friend asked him why they weren't showing Ghosts when they had BF4 there?

He replied with "because it isn't ready to show yet".

Hmmm.

None, it's all been on PC using a controller, including the Gamestop and EB expos from the previous two weeks.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
But what's to say whatever deal MS and Acti have in place even mentions which version is publicly shown? Maybe the 360 version was just always shown because it was always the best (and it was).

I think it's more of Infinity Ward telling MS, "look, we're showing the PS4 version right now because it's in your best interest not to showcase the XB1 footage at the moment."

But who knows.

You're not making any sense whatsoever and you're drawing a big assumption based on nothing. If we go by the MS-Activision partnership and sales history (and online presence), then clearly the Xbox would be the lead platform.

You cannot assume the lead platform based on that. More likely it would be based on ease of development as you finish the easy one first and then can spend extra time optimizing the harder one. That would sit with all that we've heard

prag16

Banned
As you should. From what I remember there's never been official CoD PS footage before its release since MS signed that contract. They always use the 360, although I think one time Nvidia demoed it on the PC at one of their events. But never on a PS console.
Wii U footage of BO2 was shown last September. Inb4lolwiiu

Maybe Activision just wants PS4 fans to not forget COD? They have some stiff competition at launch with KZ:SF which has been selling very well. Of course BF4 Also

StuBurns

Banned
I think it's more of Infinity Ward telling MS, "look, we're showing the PS4 version right now because it's in your best interest not to showcase the XB1 footage at the moment."

But who knows.
It's strange, no matter what the difference is, it's not going to be visible on a 720p, heavily compressed, 30fps video stream. Unless it's obscenely huge, and it won't be.

Is this the assumption board? How many people have seen the contracts activision have with MS? or SONY?
Cant show this, paid this much, lead platform... any actual facts other then gossip and hearsay?
It is a trailer, it is just a trailor... ACTIVISION has basically done nothing but promote the MS system COD this year, have we forgot about that? the most important DLC is still timed exclusive. Making hills our of pieces of dirt.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
No way, can't be true

I threw the phrase out to a dev friend and he said "we had info similar with our stuff".

It seems to me that the ease of the HW combined with maturity in tools plays some part but I don't program for these things as much as ask the questions to see if they get answered.

I recall this discussion being had before with a similar statement about the time it took for PS4 and Xbone versions of games respectively. Not sure if this was just one game or more though.

Top Bottom