• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting high

Davey Cakes

The funny thing about t-breaks is that sometimes the difference between three days and two weeks is negligible. Maybe it just gets out of my system quickly.

What I'm looking forward to again is an edible high. Back when I first tried edibles I reached a true euphoric state. Looking to get that again.

HeeHo

The funny thing about t-breaks is that sometimes the difference between three days and two weeks is negligible. Maybe it just gets out of my system quickly.

What I'm looking forward to again is an edible high. Back when I first tried edibles I reached a true euphoric state. Looking to get that again.

ugh, edible highs. Them thangs knock me the eff out. I know to control my dosage and all but even when I'm not too fudged, I usually feel too inebriated to even do anything I enjoy.

Funnily enough, my gf and I first tried them riding our bikes downtown. It was a rice krispie thing and at first I was thinking 'not feeling anything' but once we stopped to get something to eat, I started feeling all fuzzy-like and slightly euphoric. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the high is more enjoyable and less intense if I'm being active, but if I eat an edible and I'm just lazing about, hoo boy, it feels like I'm sinking into my own body or something.

redhood56

Banned

The reason it's 2 weeks is because all of my friends left for school and I'm leaving for a week and I don't feel like smoking alone. But edible highs are pretty great. When I ate a full strong one I got uncomfortably high at some points but you just have to rock it.

Ashhong

I have one of these. It's cool but it doesn't stay lit like they say it does.

Just picked up a different branded version of this (goldenfish) for 18$. I'm mainly looking forward to using it with my 14mm bong. No more cleaning out bowls! It took a little while to pack but should last a long time

karasu

Just picked up a different branded version of this (goldenfish) for 18$. I'm mainly looking forward to using it with my 14mm bong. No more cleaning out bowls! It took a little while to pack but should last a long time

Nice. I have yet to smoke out of a bong. I'll have to try that when I finally get one.

redhood56

Banned
Bong is a whole nother experience
While bongs are great, gravity bongs are wild. They are super cheap and easy to make(literally 2 large plastic bottles) and that shit won't hit you right away, but when it does hold on to life. Also gas masks are fucking crazy to. I want to do one again sometime.

ryseing

I like throwing some ice in with it on a fresh refill.

I did this as well. Wish I had known about it years ago. I always had issues with smoking from a piece and it turned me off the whole concept- I had been primarily using bowls until recently.

Total game-changer.

Ashhong

How much different is it than smoking from a bowl or a join or even taking an ediblet? Never used a bong before

I mean the process is obviously the same. But it's just so much smoother and stronger for me. Ice is great too. I got the GravLabs helix bong which naturally cools down the smoke and it's amazing.

N° 2048

Same here, getting super high lately because I went on a month break recently. Tolerance is at nice place right now.

Once I get to the old tolerance I'll take another break.

messiaen

New piece + cold water is fucking bliss. I had no idea that the cold water helped the smoke go down easier.
Throw some ice in it, cold water is great for all smoking, makes it so smooth. If you smoke a hookah put the hose in the freezer while preparing, you won't regret it.

cevion

I took some 2-flouro-ketamine together with some strong indica hashish this weekend.
2-flouro-ketamine feels like a "clean" RC. And it's synergy with cannabis is fantastic.
I K-holed so hard. Total "ego-death". I had amazing CEVS and very positive thoughts.

Someone asked about 2CB - never tried it myself but heard very positive things about it. What I like about ketamine/2-fk is that it is basically impossible to have a nasty experience.

Been offered 4-ACO-DMT and LSD but I'm scared to have a bad trip. I've taken most things except for LSD/shrooms/dmt.

I've been prescribed benzos for 10 years, and my mind is quick to go to bad places. I really do like the introspective qualities of tripping, like new perspectives one can apply to oneself. And the self-improvement and deconstruction of the self-hate/treatment of oneself.

What hallucinogenic would you guys recommend me to start out with? I'm thinking I should do it with my GF or with a friend, with a nice, cozy setting. I've taken most things, but never LSD/shrooms or dmt. Maybe I should stick with the 2-f-k, once in a month or so?

Take care everyone!

snacknuts

we all knew her
I took some 2-flouro-ketamine together with some strong indica hashish this weekend.
2-flouro-ketamine feels like a "clean" RC. And it's synergy with cannabis is fantastic.
I K-holed so hard. Total "ego-death". I had amazing CEVS and very positive thoughts.

Someone asked about 2CB - never tried it myself but heard very positive things about it. What I like about ketamine/2-fk is that it is basically impossible to have a nasty experience.

Been offered 4-ACO-DMT and LSD but I'm scared to have a bad trip. I've taken most things except for LSD/shrooms/dmt.

I've been prescribed benzos for 10 years, and my mind is quick to go to bad places. I really do like the introspective qualities of tripping, like new perspectives one can apply to oneself. And the self-improvement and deconstruction of the self-hate/treatment of oneself.

What hallucinogenic would you guys recommend me to start out with? I'm thinking I should do it with my GF or with a friend, with a nice, cozy setting. I've taken most things, but never LSD/shrooms or dmt. Maybe I should stick with the 2-f-k, once in a month or so?

Take care everyone!

I have no idea what 90% of this means.

OG Kush

Take care everyone!

I just did some ketamine on the weekend after a long time. Was good but was a bar for a friends bday so just did rly small bumps to not get too messed up. The music was amazing and I was still sociable. First hallucinogenic I would recommend shrooms or acid. I kind of prefer acid as shrooms can make my stomach feel weird during the first hour or two. However, shrooms are natural. The effects have always been similar on both. Definitely do not start with DMT.

Edibles my friend.
I smoked a very nice sativa I want to go for a walk

But edibles still have the same reaction to the eyes like smoking does, at least that is what I have been reading and I'm too nervous to try. I haven't smoked in like two weeks so I know when I do finally smoke it is going to be amazing

My eyes get dry and look high even after edibles. I'm not sure what exactly is bad for eyes with Lasik tho

Right, that's what I need to avoid while my eyes heal

I wonder if I keep adding eye drops while smoking if I can get away with it

Ashhong

lol just wait a few more weeks..don't want to risk fucking up something like your eyes. Use this as a test to yourself that you don't need it

lol just wait a few more weeks..don't want to risk fucking up something like your eyes. Use this as a test to yourself that you don't need it

I agree, I was smoking almost everyday before I stopped prior to the Lasik, this is a good test for me. I'm not really desperate for it but there are times where I'm just "I could really just use a hit right now"

Poppy

whenever i go to the marijuana dispensary i feel like its 50/50 on whether the counter person will either be completely detached and just tell me the same shit that it says on the menu and have no strong opinions, or get into like a 15 minute conversation with me about life. at least the latter seems like they are engaged, the former just reminds me that i am buying weed from career stoners. not to slight them or anything, i imagine our perspectives are pretty different and i tend to try and stretch weed as far as it can possibly go while still vaping every day. god i have so much vaped material for making brownies but im on a diet...

anyway i just want to know some things about weed strains salespeople! i dont buy a lot of sativas and need your guidance!

anyway i got 5g of pineapple express and i am pleased with it, feels like it has a lot less of a stony kind of high than the blue dream i am used to, but i like it so far. its kind of clearer, yet leaves me less focused than usual. kind of like im lucid but just dont really care about anything. other than that i am out of blue dream so i just have some blue magoo, which is nice for becoming immobilized

whenever i go to the marijuana dispensary i feel like its 50/50 on whether the counter person will either be completely detached and just tell me the same shit that it says on the menu and have no strong opinions, or get into like a 15 minute conversation with me about life. at least the latter seems like they are engaged, the former just reminds me that i am buying weed from career stoners. not to slight them or anything, i imagine our perspectives are pretty different and i tend to try and stretch weed as far as it can possibly go while still vaping every day. god i have so much vaped material for making brownies but im on a diet...

One of many reasons I use Leafly so much to look at descriptions, reviews, and dispensary menus/specials. I never go into any dispensary without being 85% sure what it is I want to buy.

Poppy

yeah, i usually at least narrow it down to two from leafly and then pick whichever one has nicer nugs/smells better but i was being indecisive yesterday. ah well, it worked out

you guys ever have auditory hallucinations when high?

last night I was hearing songs in my head that im pretty sure don't exist

but I only heard them when my white noise machine was on that I use for sleep

Nekofrog

Banned
the dispensary boom in ontario is great. Blue Dream, slayn me

Just jumped on this strain 3 weeks ago. First and only strain so far that I can actually play competitive video games on super well. I've always known people who would smoke then talk about playing games and I'm like ”how? Everything legitimately couch locks me regardless of strain" but blue dream gets me so on point in terms of activity and productivity.

So good

the tangie satvia strain is supposed to be an "upper", definitely not fan of uppers as I feel much less than the body feeling downers, and I feel I need to smoke more to get that feeling

the1npc

Just jumped on this strain 3 weeks ago. First and only strain so far that I can actually play competitive video games on super well. I've always known people who would smoke then talk about playing games and I'm like ”how? Everything legitimately couch locks me regardless of strain" but blue dream gets me so on point in terms of activity and productivity.

So good

yep great combo I pretty much never buy indicas and use leafly

So good

Right, if you use an "upper" you can easily play competitive video games

Poppy

i made a grave mistake, so i should share it and everyone can benefit from my failures and i can exorcise my stupidity

i made brownies, but this time the amount of vape remnants i sunk into my butter extraction was wildly larger than any time before. i have been using more regularly and steeped for less time so i figured no big deal

and then i ate a normal sized brownie and proceeded to feel the intoxication creeping in faster than normal, so i lay down and watch some netflix for about 30 minutes before i realize i am getting closed eye hallucinations, then shortly after that i simply pass out. of course, i also woke up to pee several hours later and i remember peeing and then waking up on the bathroom floor. later inspection would show that i passed out and smacked into the drywall and left a hole with either my head or elbow, but luckily no personal damage was done, other than my admittedly small amount of dignity

then i woke up and realized i was still immensely mired in a swamp of haze and couldnt hope to function normally at all. regrettably i made the choice to do all this on a sunday because i figured i would shake it off by work in the morning. clearly that wasnt gonna happen! so i had to call out of work due to drugs for...eh maybe its the second or third time in my life. oh well

in conclusion if you treat cannabis cooking as more of an art than a science you should probably be much more careful than i am. hell i still dont feel entirely right a couple days out. time for a drug vacation!

You have to be careful with taking too many or too strong an edible. The one negative "high" experience I've had was when I took way too many edibles and felt like I was going to die later that night

Poppy

ya, the other time i had too many edibles, basically i curled into the fetal position and waited to die because i was super paranoid but unable to fall asleep and incredibly tense for like four or five hours

other than the drywall damage i would take this blunder everytime

Smoked the first time in 2013 and became a huge stoner, proceeded to smoke every day for 3 years straight and my tolerance never increased I could smoke a half a bowl and hit new levels every time. Fast forward to now after taking a year off and it takes so much for me to get back to that level.

Smoked the first time in 2013 and became a huge stoner, proceeded to smoke every day for 3 years straight and my tolerance never increased I could smoke a half a bowl and hit new levels every time. Fast forward to now after taking a year off and it takes so much for me to get back to that level.

Never should've stopped ;)

Ashhong

I've been this way for my entire smoking career. After one hit I can feel it and be good. I wish I had at least some tolerance though, I can't really handle myself in public after maybe one bowl.

karasu

you guys ever have auditory hallucinations when high?

last night I was hearing songs in my head that im pretty sure don't exist

but I only heard them when my white noise machine was on that I use for sleep
All of the time. I think I'm a musician who life has left low on technical skills lol.

A friend gave me two 45mg oil capsules earlier today, took both of them within a 3-4 hour window and I only feel slightly stoned, like a 1/10, and more behind my eyes than anything...kinda annoying actually. Feels like I'm tired when I'm not.

I hate how unpredictable edibles are.

Top Bottom