• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Heel

He's probably trying to start a bidding war. Though I'd say Hector is worth more to Bellator than the UFC.

I could see the UFC trying to price them out, leave them without a champion and try to make an example of him in the Ultimate.

For Brother Dream

sjdsz.jpg

EDIT: HOLY SHIT AT THIS KO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jADeAdd6pE&feature=player_embedded

hoping mma gaf can help me solve a puzzle:

for the jonny bones jones fight i'm going to be in france. i'm guessing the hotel won't have ufc and there probably won't be bars open at 3 am where i'll be. hoping i can still watch it on my ipad or computer. is there a legit way to do this or will i be region blocked? seems like the ufc used to have "an app for that" but it doesn't seem to exist anymore (see dead link at: http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-ipad-iphone).

going to be brutal sitting through that mostly horrible card at 4 am waiting for the ME but hey

Dailymotion has a deal with the UFC to stream the events live in France for free. I don't think the UFC does the PPV model in France due to the time the events air. It may also be broadcast for free on TV, but you'd have to check for yourself as I don't live there.

Edit: I checked some TV listings for France and it says it'll be airing on: RTL9

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Hopefully there's a TV station showing it live in Thailand. If not, I might as well just go to Patong on Saturday night and do an all nighter.

WrikaWrek

Banned
I don't hate Jones anymore. After that pre fight press conference, I love him now.

A level troll, always mannered, sees the forest not the three.

Goddamn champ.

yacobod

Banned
Sherdog Pro's Picks for Jones vs. Evans said:
Pros who picked Jones: 16
Pros who picked Evans: 7
Pros who couldn’t decide: 0

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Pros-Pick-Jones-vs-Evans-41945

Iceman Chuck Liddell said:
I think that’s ridiculous. 5 to 1, and 6 to 1, I mean, Jon’s been great, he’s doing great, and he’s going to keep getting better, but this is a fight styles wise that’s a tougher fight for him than the ones he’s had.

He likes to control the distance, control where the fight was, whether it was standing or on the ground, and I think he’ll have a harder time doing that with Rashad.

When you can shoot in and take a guy down, you can change the distance whenever you want, you can be pressed to do something else, and it’s a lot easier to follow your game plan.

I think Rashad plans on pressing him. He’s got speed and power and he’s a good wrestler, so he’s able to mix it up, and mix it together

If I was a betting man, with the odds, absolutely no question you have to go with Rashad. That’s for sure. It should be a pick em’ but I want to see if Rashad can do it. I really want to see how Jon reacts, I want to see him get pushed and see how he reacts.

Well gents its official - I'll be attending my second UFC event 6/22 - UFC on FX 4: Maynard vs Guida in NJ. I'll be 18 rows back from the ring so look for a creepy Tim Boetsch looking guy leering at the cage.

Heel

Well gents its official - I'll buy attending my second UFC 6/22 - UFC on FX 4: Maynard vs Guida in NJ. I'll be 18 rows back from the ring so look for a creepy Tim Boetsch looking guy leering at the cage.

Haha enjoy it.

Were you one of my iOS friend requests? We had MMA-GAF Carcassonne going last night.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Guida fighting a superior version of himself in Gray Maynard doesn't sound that great to me but I hope it works out for you buddy.

Guida gets dog stomped every time he gets good competition. I don't really see how he beats Gray here.

I wouldn't say he gets 'stomped' his last losses were to Bendo who is amazing and Florian and Sanchez in their prime. And the losses to Bendo and Sanchez were close decisions.

Well gents its official - I'll be attending my second UFC event 6/22 - UFC on FX 4: Maynard vs Guida in NJ. I'll be 18 rows back from the ring so look for a creepy Tim Boetsch looking guy leering at the cage.
Sounds like good seats! How much was it? You staying overnight in NJ or catching a flight home after?

Sounds like good seats! How much was it? You staying overnight in NJ or catching a flight home after?

Yeah I'm gonna be smack dab in the center of the row of the very center section. Should be good. And even though its a 3 hour drive I'll be staying over night in NJ since I and everyone else with me will be drunk by the time the night is over. :b

And the seats were $125

TheNatural

My Member!
Yeah I'm smack dab in the center of the row of the very center section. Should be good. And even though its a 3 hour drive I'll be staying over night in NJ since I and everyone else with me will be drunk by the time the night is over. :b

And the seats were $125

Do you get to bring a crowbar and take the seat with you for that price? :p

Yeah, I know any seat is going to be expensive for basically any sport not baseball anymore. I wasn't willing to drop it last year to go see a Versus show though.

Oh ya, you people over there can drive everywhere.

$125 sounds kinda cheap to me. I guess I just expect UFC tickets to be crazy, but then, it's a smaller show. I would go if it were near me. But then, i went to Pro Elite for $70 for middle section seats.

I think this venue only holds 5,500. Looks a lot like the seating for the Hard Rock or Palm or wherever they do the TUF finales these days.

TheNatural

My Member!
Oh ya, you people over there can drive everywhere.

$125 sounds kinda cheap to me. I guess I just expect UFC tickets to be crazy, but then, it's a smaller show. I would go if it were near me. But then, i went to Pro Elite for $70 for middle section seats.

You live in Hawaii. I wouldn't be surprised if they charge you cover fees to breathe air there. :p

Top Bottom