• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom reveal reactions

m360

A friend attented the QC and saw the reveal. He said it looked really nice and seemed like a faster, bloodier and more hardcore Wolfenstein: The New Order with demons. So ... it could become a really nice game.

Krakn3Dfx

Yep.
U8fOhp.gif

The goosebumps are real.

cwmartin

Doom is like that project you half-assed once and you couldnt understand why so many people loved it. But you just went with it and incorporated that half-assness into your next 4 or 5 projects.

Amagon

Doom is like that project you half-assed once and you couldnt understand why so many people loved it. But you just went with it and incorporated that half-assness into your next 4 or 5 projects.

I want to drop kick you so hard right now.

Carnby

Edit: Jito's would work too.

Ugh, exactly as I thought...now all we hear for the next year is how "doom is the greatest and was amazing and awesome and you just don't get it!" all coming from fans who would love doom no matter what! I think it's bullshit, what logical reason is there for not having the general public see, besides trying to control the reactions?

wtf are you talking about? Like actually, can you clarify? I'm gonna assume you weren't around when it released, but even then - wtf are you talking about?

Seik

Banned
Sounds pretty positive overall, can't blame the fans for being fans!

Can't wait to see it myself.

Can't believe not a single image has leaked it.

This, too. :lol

Are you being serious?! You're lacking empathy if you can't get around why people loved it.

Ugh, exactly as I thought...now all we hear for the next year is how "doom is the greatest and was amazing and awesome and you just don't get it!" all coming from fans who would love doom no matter what! I think it's bullshit, what logical reason is there for not having the general public see, besides trying to control the reactions?

I think thats mostly it. It arguably creates more buzz for the game to have it closed doors and just let it create conversation between people that have seen it vs those who havent.

Most of us have just our imagination (and vague descriptions from those who saw it) to go on. Manufactured hype.

Top Bottom