• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S3 |OT| Gus Who's Back - Mondays 10/9c on AMC

TheOddOne

173swp.png

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Loved BB, never watched a single Better Call Saul season/episode....worth it ?

Calderc

Rewatching the last ep of season 2 as I type.

It's funny, what we got from this show wasn't exactly what I wanted; it's orders of magnitude better than what I ever imagined. Has no right to be as good as it is.

Wow, when I heard in February that this wasn't going to air until April, I was seriously disappointed. Yet here we are and it feels like this has just crept up on me. Really excited to see Gus again and hopefully this tops what was already a brilliant 2nd series.

Aurongel

The first two seasons of Better Call Saul are better than the first two seasons of Breaking Bad.
100% this.

It's also a very different show and is telling a much less stylized story. I like it for that but most of what made Breaking Bad a classic for people isn't present here. You have to set your expectations accordingly.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yes. The show is great.
Absolutely, it's a great show. But it's a much slower paced show, so be prepared for that. It doesn't have the narrative momentum that BB did.
The first two seasons of Better Call Saul are better than the first two seasons of Breaking Bad.

Wow - thanks, didnt expect that. Looks like i missed out on a great show. For whatever reason i thought the spin-off would just be a subpar cashgrab when it was announced and that it could mess up BB legacy in my mind.

Thanks - def. will watch the first two seasons when i get to it.
I think I prefer Better Call Saul actually. But they're different.

I liked slow paced shows ala Mad Men - so i should be fine. Probably the better approach that trying to outbreakingbabd Breaking Bad.

I liked slow paced shows ala Mad Men - so i should be fine. Probably the better approach that trying to outbreakingbabd Breaking Bad.
Perfect then. I was gonna come back and edit my previous recommendation to describe it as if Breaking Bad and Mad Men had a baby.

Corpekata

Banned
I really like Micheal Mando but am surprised he's still in the main cast, feels like he's barely been around.

Hopefully with Gus joining the fray and Mike's stories last season it means we'll see a bit more of the criminal side of things this year.

HotHamBoy

Wow - thanks, didnt expect that. Looks like i missed out on a great show. For whatever reason i thought the spin-off would just be a subpar cashgrab when it was announced and that it could mess up BB legacy in my mind.

If you like Mad Men you'll like Better Call Saul. It's a fantastic show but it does take a few episodes to get going.
But it's not anchored by a bravura performance or movie-quality direction.

I would completely disagree.

Jocund

But it's not anchored by a bravura performance or movie-quality direction.
Isn't it though

Both BB and Call Saul sport direction that's stronger than a healthy amount of films. I'm not sure what movie-quality is supposed to mean in this case.

Miletius

Catching up to Season 2 on Netflix. Really liking Season 2 so far. I think Kim is probably the best character in a while.

Considering picking up the season on Amazon seeing as there are no better ways of watching it besides cable in the United States.

I really like Micheal Mando but am surprised he's still in the main cast, feels like he's barely been around.
The unexpected shift to Chuck and Jimmy being the central story really reduced his role early on. They originally expected him to already be Saul by the end of the first season and doing stuff for Nacho.

theaface

I think many people would have felt the same way. Or at least said to themselves "how can this spin off possibly walk in the footsteps of Breaking Bad?" But somehow really does. I guess because it's not afraid to be its own thing. Rather than hurt BB's legacy, it actually enriches it. I know it's already made me consider a couple of characters in a different light (Jimmy/Saul being the obvious standout).

It's just a bloody great show and the seasons aren't too long so don't overstay their welcome. Make the time for it and you won't regret it.

ezekial45

Banned
Did Bryan Cranston direct one of the episodes this season? There was a picture of him on set from a little while ago. Obviously Walt's not gonna be on the show, but I am wondering if Cranston did direct an episode, as he did several for BB.

ZeroX03

Banned
One of the best shows ever is back. It's better than Breaking Bad folks.

Did Bryan Cranston direct one of the episodes this season? There was a picture of him on set from a little while ago. Obviously Walt's not gonna be on the show, but I am wondering if Cranston did direct an episode, as he did several for BB.

According to Cranston, he just dropped in for a set visit. They're not shy about all parties wanting him to direct an episode though.

Ploid 3.0

After such a weird time with awaited shows (Iron Fist) and GITS, I'm so looking forward to this waking me up. There's no way this show can disappoint. Let's go GUS!

HardRojo

I'm fucking ready! It's showtime!

Netflix please don't be a jackass and offer English subtitles for this! I know I live in South America but the previous 2 seasons had English subtitles when they first aired, now they don't and I don't want to watch them with anything other than English audio and subtitles, please!

Ledbetter

Finally! Are the episodes still going to be released on Netflix after they have aired on AMC?

I liked how S2 set the path to two different stories (both of them good). Knowing how the story ends in Breaking Bad, I'm worried how they will tie up these stories to one grand arc, but I'm optimistic seeing how they developed S1 and S2.

And let's not forget that Rhea Seehorn wasn't even nominated for an Emmy last year, although most of you don't give a shit about awards.

TheOddOne, you always seem to make the OTs for my favorite shows (or shows that I end up loving, like Legion or Atlanta). You make of GAF a better place, man.

RangerX

Banned
Quite simply the best tv show of the last two years. I've rarely seen a show so perfectly cast. I can't wait to see what happens this season.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I love BCS so much, glad it's finally back. The return of Gus is awesome, but Kim Wexler is the real star of the show

Top Bottom