• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
The catchphrase thing is a joke within the community. Jinbei's always eager to sacrifice his life for someone to the point it became a recurring gag.

It's what a proper Straw Hat would do.

There's also the gag from Arlong Park where Jinbei can't join because he couldn't fit though doors of the ship.

RomanceDawn

It's what a proper Straw Hat would do.

There's also the gag from Arlong Park where Jinbei can't join because he couldn't fit though doors of the ship.

It is sort of what any Straw Hat would do but they don't plan to die. We just got done knocking sense into Sanji telling him he doesn't have to sacrifice himself. Same with Robin oh so long ago.

I didn't think much about it until this very chapter, but the "even if it costs me my life" shtick wasn't apparent with Tiger and Otohime around. It was clear as a bell only with Luffy and White Beard. The focus that was placed on this topic by Aladin leads me to believe that someone did die for Jinbe and he picked that up.

Now what ever happened didn't happen as a child but as an adult after he gained his War Lord title. Probably the same event in which his eye scar was given.

It's looking to me that this chapter is setting us up for a little more back story surrounding Jinbe. Someone like Sanji will probably deliver to Jinbe the same messages about not dying as some repayment in a similar way that Luffy did back at the Baratie and what went on recently here in Whole Cake.

Ray Down

Banned
Now what ever happened didn't happen as a child but as an adult after he gained his War Lord title. Probably the same event in which his eye scar was given.

It's looking to me that this chapter is setting us up for a little more back story surrounding Jinbe. Someone like Sanji will probably deliver to Jinbe the same messages about not dying as some repayment in a similar way that Luffy did back at the Baratie and what went on recently here in Whole Cake.

Why not Luffy just knock that message into him?

Now we just need Carrot to risk sacrificing herself for luffy and boom crewmate a badass fishman and mink.

Won't happen so learn to take this:

giphy.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
All that salt he's sprinkling will be appropriate when his haters take the L this arc

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm still waiting then!
The finest meats need to be cooked just right. Take it off too soon, and it'll be inedible. But you can always put it back on and fix your mistake. If you take it off the burner too late, you'll have committed one of the heaviest sins of wasting a luxurious piece of food...

Sanji's just waiting for the perfect opportunity, his golden entrance, his perfect comeback. And he won't miss the opportunity.

sanji-smoking-1.jpg

The time draws near, my friend

Ray Down

Banned
Sanji's just waiting for the perfect opportunity, his golden entrance, his perfect comeback. And he won't miss the opportunity.

sanji-smoking-1.jpg

I have to wonder how Sanji will handle the exchanging of the vows, we know for sure Pudding will be reading from a script to put on the act, but what will Sanji say?

Wasn't their a mention of vows or am I just blowing smoke?

The finest meats need to be cooked just right. Take it off too soon, and it'll be inedible. But you can always put it back on and fix your mistake. If you take it off the burner too late, you'll have committed one of the heaviest sins of wasting a luxurious piece of food...

sanji-smoking-1.jpg

Ahem just wanna state taking food off and putting it back on could potentially ruin the entire meal.

That said I agree go sanji!!

Red Fire

I don't want to sound like Veelk, but how Sanji's fire powers even work?

I mean how does Doffy do it? And luffy's red hawk? How do minks use electricity? How do zoro mihawk and so on throw laser beams out of their blades? How does brook use ice powers? How does kinemon use fire with his sword?

No need for explanation for things like that

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I don't want to sound like Veelk, but how Sanji's fire powers even work?
He spins on one leg so fast that the friction ignites the surrounding air. The ensuring flame doesn't burn his own leg because Sanji's "heart burns even hotter".

After continuous use, Sanji can now initiate Diable Jambe on both legs without spinning first. Indeed, Sanji can spontaneously combust his entire body thanks to his burning blood and passionate heart.

LotusHD

Banned
I mean how does Doffy do it? And luffy's red hawk? How do minks use electricity? How do zoro mihawk and so on throw laser beams out of their blades? How does brook use ice powers? How does kinemon use fire with his sword?

They don't need in-depth explanations, but I see it as:

Devil Fruit. Friction. Their fur. Pure strength. It's cold in the underworld. (Brook is a tough one...) Secret sword style.

Sanji spins rapidly, and can withstand the heat due to his experience as a chef. The only time I really do a double-take is when he just straight​ up lights his entire body on fire. It's amusing.

Ogodei

You know reading One Piece and seeing the escalation in bounties have lead to start wondering how the fuck would the world government pay if like some of these heavy hitting guys were actually captured

Governments have a lot of money to swing around. US Government could handily pay a billion dollar bounty on someone if they needed to.

I still wonder about the "exchange rate" with Berries, whether it's meant to be closer to dollars, closer to Yen, or something in between (like Pesos, which is about 20 to 1 to the dollar, where a billion pesos is more like 50 million USD, unlike Yen where 1 billion is about 10 million USD)

dabig2

Governments have a lot of money to swing around. US Government could handily pay a billion dollar bounty on someone if they needed to.

I still wonder about the "exchange rate" with Berries, whether it's meant to be closer to dollars, closer to Yen, or something in between (like Pesos, which is about 20 to 1 to the dollar, where a billion pesos is more like 50 million USD, unlike Yen where 1 billion is about 10 million USD)

Yeah, after Charloss instantly bidding 500M for a single mermaid just to torture her, I think the One Piece world is probably flush with cash.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Yeah, after Charloss instantly bidding 500M for a single mermaid just to torture her, I think the One Piece world is probably flush with cash.

He's a celestial dragon. 500 million is probably nothing to him.

SolVanderlyn

Don't forget Belli/Berry is likely equivalent to Yen.

Also, Sanji's fire powers have always kind of annoyed me. Everything else has an explanation... his don't. Maybe they will get explained this arc.

IHaveIce

Banned
They made it look like this arc was actually about to give a (legit) explanation for that, now I dunno anymore
yeah I totally thought they would explain that the Germa modified body just woke up later than the others.

Like, instead of awakening it just through power he had to fulfill his strongest emotion back then, the protector instinct or idk, think he first activated the fire leg after getting beaten by Khalifa and then protecting Nami from Jabura...

Would be a typical shonen explanation, though it could also just be "his leg catches fire because he is strong, duh"

dabig2

He's a celestial dragon. 500 million is probably nothing to him.

The CDs created the world government and it exists to do their bidding. That's why I don't think the WG should ever have a problem paying out a billion bounty, considering how rare a catch like that would be anyways. Also, we can't forget the marines themselves offering 5 Billion for the Ope Ope no Mi.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Pound canons etc were never described as lasers. They're sliced of compressed air.

Asura is what has absolutely no explanation and was never really used again.

SolVanderlyn

Asura is supposed to be Zoro's "killing intent" manifesting as an illusion... I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom