• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 wheel GAF UNITE!

Dougald

Somebody out near Phoenix, AZ should hurry up and jump on this sweet homemade Ducati Quad

wtf_is_that_martin_freeman.gif

I bet it's fun to ride at least

OraleeWey

Been out and about on the bike today. It was far too bloody cold for kevlar jeans, thank god that the engine gets so damn hot. No pictures of the Monster today, I saw this decked-out MT-10, lovely bike

img_14243cj0y.jpg

And Dainese suits are made for people with sticks for legs
Damn that looks nice. That person made that bike into a commuter.
Somebody out near Phoenix, AZ should hurry up and jump on this sweet homemade Ducati Quad

giphy.gif

Dougald

When I do actually go into work rather than working from home, the techs working there tend to have the best taste in bikes

It looked like a standard MT-10 with a top box, performance exhaust, flyscreen, handguards, seat and belly pan. Seemed to be a great set-up for commuting all year round

Dougald

Well, the Touring version has panniers instead of the top box, the comfort seat, screen and handguards. So this guy has gone above and beyond the stock touring version

Yeah, nicely done. Though I have always preferred the look of panniers over a top box. However, filtering is easier with the latter obviously.

It does looks like a very easy bike to live with and that is always nice. Like a swiss army knive for the road.

But then the BMW s1000r was just updated for 2017 and the base kit that comes with that bike is keeping it high on the list. Its been made 2kg lighter and more HP. Also the chassis is now from the new RR and the electronics are fully configurable. But you will have to like the look of the front.

^ looking good!

In other news, moving to California from Canada means they won't exchange my license. I'll need to do a knowledge and road/skills test to get both my drivers license and moto license. Doh.

I like courses though, so it'll be fun to be back on a small bike again and go over the basics.

^ looking good!

In other news, moving to California from Canada means they won't exchange my license. I'll need to do a knowledge and road/skills test to get both my drivers license and moto license. Doh.

I like courses though, so it'll be fun to be back on a small bike again and go over the basics.
On the plus side you can lane split or, filter, in Cali so that's lucky.

https://s28.postimg.org/tjzjs9tb1/20170319_165640.jpg

Almost 100 degrees farneheit here already. Fun . Wish I could get pics to embed properly on mobile. oh well.

Yeah, it sucks. Worse is by the time I get my bike fixed it will probably be the middle of May. At least it should be cool (below 80) in the morning still.

btw, you need the img tags to embed pictures. In the post reply box, its the little picture of the mountain, just paste the url there.

Yeah, it sucks. Worse is by the time I get my bike fixed it will probably be the middle of May. At least it should be cool (below 80) in the morning still.

btw, you need the img tags to embed pictures. In the post reply box, its the little picture of the mountain, just paste the url there.

Yup and you can put the quote tags around the img tags to size it down a little.

Dougald

That's true. That's one thing I've always wanted to try.

As is this...

Filtering is so part of the culture here I think I'd end up with a dozen tickets in the US just out of habit. Would have taken me twice as long to get home without it last week that's for sure, and I'd probably burn my leg off on that stupidly placed but cool Monster 1200 exhaust.

And I recommend a go on the Street Triple, get down your dealer!
Britain needs the exports

Dougald

The guys at Bahnstormer found my old GS handguards and going to pick it up over the weekend. Also asked them if I can test ride the S1000R again.

That's a great bike, I'd have one if I didn't hate the front headlight (though to be fair I'm not too fond of the one on my Monster either)

Royal Jordanians S1000R just sounds incredible. Though I could never own anything as loud as his bikes.

Yes his one is a bit on the loud side for me. Long rides must make your ears bleed.

The front is a bit weird looking, but if you add the little screen it does look much better. I am really liking the new KTM fronts.

1rc6CEE.png

Oh and look what I have found. Some eye candy

iZJWVYu.png

nico1982

Yes his one is a bit on the loud side for me. Long rides must make your ears bleed.

The front is a bit weird looking, but if you add the little screen it does look much better. I am really liking the new KTM fronts.

1rc6CEE.png
Saw it in person a few weeks ago. The new headlight is very cheap looking, toy like, and it does not fit the rest of the bike very well. The '15-'16 is a lot better.

Oh and look what I have found. Some eye candy
http://i.imgur.com/iZJWVYu.png
Close enough? :p

Dougald

Yeah, that new SuperDuke light is certainly unusual, but I'm not sure I really like it. Wouldn't stop me from getting one though, were I so inclined. At least it's different

This dropped-headlight trend needs to stop!

nico1982

This is also the other look they are pushing, the 1290 super adv r.
bDvZjpg.png
It is the new KTM "language". I like the idea, it is different. At least better than Yamaha derpy faces :p
The new 390 headlight uses the same philosophy, too. Very similar to the bigger brother, but it does integrate better. Maybe it is a clean sheet design, like the Super Adventure, while the Super Duke is more of a drop in.

You got the tank on finally, looks great! Where are you going to mount the license plate? I'm hoping it doesn't interfere with the look too much

Thanks!

Yeah, we'll put the place just under the rear light probably. It'll likely muddy the look up some, but that can't be helped sadly :(.

Sick! What model is it? Looks mean.

Yeah that's the thing, technically they never made one like this. Though we managed pretty well to make it look like they did :D. It's closest to a standard XB12s Lightning, but with a long swingarm, which gives it that crazy look.

Buell also made the SS, which is kinda like a Lightning, also with a long swingarm, but that had the bigger Ulysses frame and forks as well. So it doesn't look quite like this.

This bike has bits of a Ulysses, Lightning and a Firebolt. I refered to it as 'the project' for a while. But now my friends have named it 'FrankenBuell'.

Dougald

Thanks!

Yeah, we'll put the place just under the rear light probably. It'll likely muddy the look up some, but that can't be helped sadly :(.

I wonder if it's possible to fabricate a Ducati style rear-wheel license plate holder. That is if you like the style... I know a lot of people hate them

Watevaman

Beautiful day today (getting up to 70F/21C) so I'll be taking the bike around a bit to give it the first good shakedown of the year. Got a parking lot day with the motorcycle club today as well, where we set up exercises and practice our slow speed and accident avoidance maneuvers. That'll be good practice.

Top Bottom