• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

batbeg

Ahahaha, this was one of the best episodes yet, I though, which is impressive with no Nappa or Piccolo left. And I haven't seen the doubtless awful Evolution, but is that what Goku was talking about in the beginning?

Such a fantastic episode though <3

"AH my pride!"

Edit: Episode 10 Part 2 posted for new page.

Reza_Neko

Nappa pointing at Chotsu: Look Vegeta, a Pokemon!
Vegeta: You have to damage it first.

Also I love the "I'll make a man out of you" parody that they did. So weird how Mr. Popo had the best singing voice.

Goku: SOLAR FLARE!

Oozaru-Vegita: Ahh! My eyes! Oh god it's like walking in on Freeza in the shower! Wait a minute... Freeza's always naked. GAHHHH!!!!

lunarworks said:
What's the opposite of Christopher Walken?

it felt so wrong to laugh but...

iwea6yke26hdfx3p6q3tik5vj7.jpg

batbeg

vas_a_morir said:
The last 3 episodes were really lame. They had to include too much exposition, I suppose.

You're crazy. 10.2 was one of my favorites in the whole show.

I didn't realize they'd actually be doing a second season, that should be awesome :D

1stStrike

Banned
I still found it pretty humerous. The end where Goku is like "Wait, Krillin! If he says sorry and truly means it he can go." I was just like, "Yup...that's Goku in a nut shell."

Here's looking forward to season 2.

Pachinko

You know when this thread first started I shut off the first episode within a minute thinking it was just another dumb internet thing. Then while bored a couple weeks back I decided to watch past the first couple episodes and it grew on me.

It was worth watching I'd say.

Most people have seen the first season of DBZ too so I'd recommend they all watch this.

I mean seriously... what happened here? aren't anime parodies on youtube supposed to be garbage, and that's that? This has good writing and good animation ah.. control.. all over it. I'm having to resist the temptation to quote my favorite line even now. eh

"Vegeta! I can fly...."

I wish these inexplicably awesome people godspeed in their quest to continue being awesome. I have to wonder which character is going to replace their Nappa, tho. Taking out an early bet on... Zarbon. Zarbon will be the new awesome character. Yes. I have spoken.

jman2050

FTWer said:
Will they continue with the Freiza parts?

I'm eager to see how they write Freiza in this series. They've been fairly clever in characterization thus far so I'm hoping they don't take the easy bisexual route.

jman2050 said:
I'm eager to see how they write Freiza in this series. They've been fairly clever in characterization thus far so I'm hoping they don't take the easy bisexual route.

I think it would be funny if Freiza was always bored and not really into the whole ruling the universe.

Holepunch

As someone who has never seen DragonBall Z or ever been an anime fan, this is hilarious. I have to wonder how much of the plot is simply made up and I don't catch it though. Can't wait for season 2.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Holepunch said:
As someone who has never seen DragonBall Z or ever been an anime fan, this is hilarious. I have to wonder how much of the plot is simply made up and I don't catch it though. Can't wait for season 2.
It hits all the main plot points, but changes the motivations behind them. Vegita is closest to the original character though.

Rezbit

I only found out about this because of this thread, and I watched all of them straight through. Fucking hilarious. The voice acting is really good!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
FTWer said:
Will they continue with the Freiza parts?

Yeah they said they were doing a second season.

The Ginyu Force will be hilarious.

Hitokage said:
Vegita is closest to the original character though.

I think Gohan's pretty damn close too.

FairyD

Oh god the end had me rolling on the floor. That was pure genius. I hope they keep ghost Nappa around for the rest of the show.

Enkidu

Aaron Strife said:
I really hope Ghost Nappa is a permanent character.
He's supposed to come back, but they don't want to overuse him. I guess they might bring him out if they feel they lack other characters to play with. Sort of like during this Vegeta/Goku fight.

Top Bottom