• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Got Nabaat's BSB from the Lucky Draw, which starts a trend of getting brand new BSBs from Luckies. (Got Gogo's BSB from the last Realm Dungeon Lucky Draw.)

At first glance I was meh about it, but after actually reading the commands, I realized it has wonderful synergy with Cid Raines's BSB, so I'm pretty pleased with it. (And she can use Wrath, so bonus.)

And not to jinx it but I'm enjoying the lack of dupes I've gotten lately from Lucky Draws, which have been a rough patch in the past.

EA ranking of items for VI-1 by want.

1. Ragnarok
Dont have a runic.

2. Lightbringer
Buffs are nice. Pair with OKs to always have buff on.

3. Faerie Tail
Buffs are nice. -50 Mag is better than 40 from MB.

4. Da Vinci Brush
Nice combo of abilities, cure, instant turn, shield at instant cast.

Will be happy with 1 from above and 1 from below

5. Celes Cloak LMR
Double Spellblade.

6. Relm's Hat LMR
Worth it for the icon alone. Beautiful.

7. Mutsonokami
I like blinks.

8. Fixed Dice
Already have Earth Bell, so this is sorta the Setzer equivalent. Atk-Res instead of Atk-Def down. Depending on boss stats, great.

9. Deathstrike Darts
Normal hitting FB, really?

Quit the game? 1-11 dupe below.

10. Gaia's Bell
Good break but already have it.

Wish me luck! 5 hours to go.

Anustart

I tried to run the castle. Noped out after 2 runs.

I need to look at which orbs I need most as well, haven't checked. And I'm only pulling on bsb lucky, Saturday needs to hurry.

Doesn't the castle only give you a very limited selection of orb types? I see no reason to run it given that you can basically choose what kind of orb you want with orbfest, and you get massive amounts of gil and exp at the same time.

EA ranking of items for VI-1 by want.

1. Ragnarok
Dont have a runic.

2. Lightbringer
Buffs are nice. Pair with OKs to always have buff on.

3. Faerie Tail
Buffs are nice. -50 Mag is better than 40 from MB.

4. Da Vinci Brush
Nice combo of abilities, cure, instant turn, shield at instant cast.

Will be happy with 1 from above and 1 from below

5. Celes Cloak LMR
Double Spellblade.

6. Relm's Hat LMR
Worth it for the icon alone. Beautiful.

7. Mutsonokami
I like blinks.

8. Fixed Dice
Already have Earth Bell, so this is sorta the Setzer equivalent. Atk-Res instead of Atk-Def down. Depending on boss stats, great.

9. Deathstrike Darts
Normal hitting FB, really?

Quit the game? 1-11 dupe below.

10. Gaia's Bell
Good break but already have it.

Wish me luck! 5 hours to go.

Good luck! Going 200 Mythrils deep for Celes BSB2 here!

MrDaravon

I just looked at the FFTA banners, that shit is ridiculous. I mean, I approve of FFT characters being overpowered (cue username) but Jesus

Anustart

Leveled 12 characters to 50 so far. Perhaps next fest I can get everyone to 65.

Wish I had enough mythril to do 2 lucky draws, but I've only got 30 and id be a fool to pass on the bsb+

friz898

Catching up from the day.

Anustart, you gotta have some kind of plan for your leveling, I mean, you don't have to but, at least make it all people you have relics for, or some kind of balance of 2 or so from each realm.

I mean, you said there was no rhyme or reason to your selection.

What's this crap about Alexandria Castle? Was it just some exp board in the event I paid no attention to, or is there something I missed?

cpp, Ya good tip. It was either last night or this morning when I woke up at 4am I was reading about Summon or Ice one of the first two, and Earth being the 3rd round. I tested it out and matched what I had read. But I hadnt been home all day, plus didn't want to post it as fact unless I did more double-checking --- glad you followed up on that. (and glad Earth is round 3).

WarAdept and other readers, I'd like to do a pull on tonights banner for Mog, but I'm at like 50 mythril now or something after burning through them on this fest plus a 25myth pull this morning. I was at 90 3 days ago. Getting those rank 5 abilities upped while I can just trumps a 50pull tonight. So unless I get lucky with my 100gem, hope you guys get lucky with Mog BSB so I can hear about how great it is. (serious).

Is tonight 1 event, plus 1 new mirred in whatever boss event and thats it. And then at like daily-time change we also get a 24 hour relic pull again? Am I tracking this all right? I do google "ffrk calendar of events" often, but I don't always get the info I want, and MisterP hasn't updated his pdf file in a month.

You guys getting Edward BSB, ya sounds good from what I keep hearing. You folks getting Locke, ya he's cool, but he will forever suck to me because the first and only time I was ever trolled purposely on a MP raid was someone using Locke BSB on the damn tree. It was first time I had seen it, and it meant death, revives, and a near wipe the second time he did it. So fuck Locke and his BSB!

Tidd

I wonder if DeNA will include the new FF VI stuff on the upcoming LD banners. Probably not but I would say there is a chance!

I wonder if DeNA will include the new FF VI stuff on the upcoming LD banners. Probably not but I would say there is a chance!

Well for tomorrow's LD, it says that it includes everything released up to a minute before the banner comes up. I expect the same thing for BSB one but we'll see!

3/11, Relm USB, Setzer Fixed damage thingy, and Relm LMR. Not bad, was hoping for Celes LMR but this will do. Holding for Cloud and mythril refreshes now

Well, that happened.

100 gem: Cyan SSB (dupe).

50 mythril: 4 rainbows, I'm super excited. 3x Setzer SSB (dupe), Mog SSB (dupe). You have got to be kidding me!

Another 50 mythril: Setzer SSB (dupe), 2x Celes BSB1.

I didn't have Celes' BSB1, so I'm stopping there. Can't believe I saw 8 rainbows tonight and only got one new soul break out of them.

:(

I dunno man, the 200 mythril I spent on the first FFT banner was pretty bad.

If it was one of my first one... There is the 200 Mythrils I spent on this and on that and on this again and my terrible luck on 100 gems. Furthermore, my most hyped banners always come out at the worst time in my life when I don't need the disappointment. I have to move from my house of 8 years tomorrow morning and it's very harsh, was evidence that I would get dupe SSB fest.

Could say should have waited for my new place but didn't want the first few days there to be even harder because of shit pulls. This game brings me 90% negativity... I am drained by how often it made me feel like shit. It's just a game so it doesn't screw up my week when shit happens, but I can really live without the bad draws after all the real life bad draws I keep getting.

MrDaravon

3/11, Mog's Gaia Bell x2, Relm's LM Hat

Relm is generally my go-to healer since she's got arguably my best healer BSB so adding a chance to m.blink on heals isn't terrible but eh. Also could care less about Mog's Bell outside of some extreme CM edgecase or something. Pretty bummed, this is at least the 6th or 7th banner I've pulled on in over 18 months of play trying to get a SINGLE relic for Celes and have failed yet again.

Going to have to do a gem pull on the BSB LD since I'm just about wiped out and that's probably it for me for fest. Wanna do a pull on either fest banner 3 or 4 but as I've said before $30 for an 11-pull is too much IMO, so that's not happening.

Balphon

If it was one of my first one... There is the 200 Mythrils I spent on this and on that and on this again and my terrible luck on 100 gems. Furthermore, my most hyped banners always come out at the worst time in my life when I don't need the disappointment. I have to move from my house of 8 years tomorrow morning and it's very harsh, was evidence that I would get dupe SSB fest.

Could say should have waited for my new place but didn't want the first few days there to be even harder because of shit pulls. This game brings me 90% negativity... I am drained by how often it made me feel like shit. It's just a game so it doesn't screw up my week when shit happens, but I can really live without the bad draws after all the real life bad draws I keep getting.

Yeah, if something as silly as a phone game is stressing you on top of life events that are otherwise generally stressful for anybody it may be a good time to take a step away.

Still, I'd suggest putting it on the shelf rather than deleting it completely. We'll probably still be here if you feel like playing again.

Or at least I probably will be, because I'm an idiot.

EDIT: Seriously though, my FFT pulls were terrible. I ended up with one FFT item and it was a non-SB.

Kenai

Blah, I guess I should be happier. 3 pulls got me TWO Relm USBs and her LM hat (and Seltzer's dice) but I really wanted Mog's BSB. Or any of the BSBs for that matter.

Pretty sure I have all of Relm's relics and she's a great character to begin with, but that was bittersweet.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Did 4x11 with Gems and I got

1x Lightbringer
2x Fixed Dice
3x Mutsunokami
1x Gaia Bell
1x Death Tarot
1x Faerie Tail
1x Celes's Cloak

It's been a very long time since I got this many 5* in such few pull. Happy with Mog's BSB and it would have been nice to get Da Vinci Brush or Ragnarok for Celes but this will suffice for now. Will be pulling for the other Lucky Draws, Banner 1 & 3 of SURF, and finally Cloud.

Seems I'm the happiest with the pull and I only got 1 item.

You can tell us what it is.

Blah, I guess I should be happier. 3 pulls got me TWO Relm USBs and her LM hat (and Seltzer's dice) but I really wanted Mog's BSB. Or any of the BSBs for that matter.

Pretty sure I have all of Relm's relics and she's a great character to begin with, but that was bittersweet.

Yea no BSB from 200 Mythrils and no Celes LM just sting very very much.

Game's been kinda wearing on me, and I don't even do U++ or Apoc anymore, nor do I really touch MP, but I still trudge through events.

Though, would it kill them to let us autocomplete the everything up to the +, ++, and +++ battles in those events? At the very least, just let me set it down and come back 5 minutes later. I basically dread these moments.

I got Seymour's Dark Imperil on the Imperil banner and, since I don't even have a pull strategy anymore, I did an 11-pull on the VI banner: Mog's SSB and BSB, Relm's USB, and Celes' LM. No dupes.

Similarly, I sincerely wish there were an easier way to sort relics/characters. I know the answer is to take time and make teams (e.g., Holy Team, Wind Team), so I'll do that eventually.

Would've loved Celes' BSB2, but I've only got like 37 mythril left, but I guess I'm pulling on the BSB+ banner and saving for Cloud (and maybe doing a couple Gem pulls for that).

Anustart

Catching up from the day.

Anustart, you gotta have some kind of plan for your leveling, I mean, you don't have to but, at least make it all people you have relics for, or some kind of balance of 2 or so from each realm.

I mean, you said there was no rhyme or reason to your selection.

What's this crap about Alexandria Castle? Was it just some exp board in the event I paid no attention to, or is there something I missed?

cpp, Ya good tip. It was either last night or this morning when I woke up at 4am I was reading about Summon or Ice one of the first two, and Earth being the 3rd round. I tested it out and matched what I had read. But I hadnt been home all day, plus didn't want to post it as fact unless I did more double-checking --- glad you followed up on that. (and glad Earth is round 3).

WarAdept and other readers, I'd like to do a pull on tonights banner for Mog, but I'm at like 50 mythril now or something after burning through them on this fest plus a 25myth pull this morning. I was at 90 3 days ago. Getting those rank 5 abilities upped while I can just trumps a 50pull tonight. So unless I get lucky with my 100gem, hope you guys get lucky with Mog BSB so I can hear about how great it is. (serious).

Is tonight 1 event, plus 1 new mirred in whatever boss event and thats it. And then at like daily-time change we also get a 24 hour relic pull again? Am I tracking this all right? I do google "ffrk calendar of events" often, but I don't always get the info I want, and MisterP hasn't updated his pdf file in a month.

You guys getting Edward BSB, ya sounds good from what I keep hearing. You folks getting Locke, ya he's cool, but he will forever suck to me because the first and only time I was ever trolled purposely on a MP raid was someone using Locke BSB on the damn tree. It was first time I had seen it, and it meant death, revives, and a near wipe the second time he did it. So fuck Locke and his BSB!

I already level everyone who has ssb+ to 80. So now I'm just doing precautionary leveling. If someone has a bsb, they either 99 or close, ssb is close to 80.

friz898

Cuth,

I hope you read this, because I didn't quote you and you won't see some green whatever highlight.

Balphon said it all perfect already.

Hey man, I don't know you at all in real life, and this forum isn't an MMO guildchat which CAN be kinda like real life -- but you're obviously a decent dude and you've been playing this game I love for a while.

If things in real life aren't going right, then ya man, go do whatever and fix it. If this game doesn't seem to be going right either, then fuck this game.

When you get things back where you want them to be, if you have some kind of yearning to either play FFRK again or check on the NeoGAF community, then as Balphon said, we'll still be here.

I may not get banned as often as that punk ass cpp, but I've been banned twice, but I keep coming back for more ever since I needed an upgrade in 2011 from Gamefaqs. This board is where I get to spam about nerdy shit like "uhhh we like uh debuffed them uh holy 3 times, and then it was like 99999999 x8, ya uh.. it was leet" huh huh huh, and get that out of my system.

Take your break, step away man, don't let FFRK make your day worse. Take care of your shit. Then come back. But only come back if it makes sense. If you want to make this forum post a little more real, then send me an email. its my handle at yahoo dot com.

ZangBa

I've got no use or love for FFVI relics or in general, so I'm saving all my salt pulls for FFVII. My imperil LD got me Exdeath's BSB, which is probably like my 4th dark imperil? It's cool I guess, but my dark damage is already so stacked.

Skipping Curaga LD, I can feel the dupe coming.

Community is what I will miss the most... Really. Worst is this game used to make me feel better and help through harder time when the game came out. Then it turned into really fucking around with me at the worst time, again and again.

Since I am retarded I proceeded to spend the equivalent of 200 Mythrils in FE Heroes hoping for a little something positive, nothing crazy. Ended up with my worst series of pull since that game came out... Not exageration. :/

Like the gacha gods know and I am the Job of gachas. The devil is my CC but he can fuck right off.

Thinking if I want to just do daily login and first 10 fights of each event for Mythrils or just stop altogether. I should just stop, you guys felt my negative energy for months now and that's not the way I want to contribute...

Kain

So I decided that I don't need anything from the fest's relic pool and I spent all my mythtril on the VI banners as my synergy is shit. Spent 100 and got in return Mog's old SSB and Celes' old shitty BSB. My synergy is still shit lol

I hope I can get enough mythtril for tomorrow's LD and I'll skip the fest altogether, too many dupes everywhere.

So yeah, gacha games.

Falk

that puzzling face
If you need a break, then you need a break.

It never is the end of a world to just call it quits for a while, (although if you want to keep a pilot fire on in the form of logging in daily for the daily mythril - low effort maintenance - it takes a special kind of willpower not to go beyond that for weeks on end, haha)

I always make the (at times flimsy) argument for 'loot RNG' being worth the investment (time, or money, or both depending on the person) based on the entertainment value one gets out of it. On that note, entertainment *is* entertainment, and when it stops being such, then it's usually time to do something about it.

FWIW I dropped KHUX for the better part of 9 months but still terrorized KHUX GAF discord. Community doesn't disappear.

Anustart

If you need a break, then you need a break.

It never is the end of a world to just call it quits for a while, (although if you want to keep a pilot fire on in the form of logging in daily for the daily mythril - low effort maintenance - it takes a special kind of willpower not to go beyond that for weeks on end, haha)

I always make the (at times flimsy) argument for 'loot RNG' being worth the investment (time, or money, or both depending on the person) based on the entertainment value one gets out of it. On that note, entertainment *is* entertainment, and when it stops being such, then it's usually time to do something about it.

FWIW I dropped KHUX for the better part of 9 months but still terrorized KHUX GAF discord. Community doesn't disappear.

It does take a special kind of will power lol. I c ouldnt do it.

If log in, then see, well there's 12 mythril for event, I should do that....

Did anyone pull on Curaga Lucky?

I did, because I just learned on Reddit that Relm's USB is included in it and I didn't get it from either of my VI banner pulls.

2x disco ball... Aerith USB (new) and Selphie USB (dupe).

Aerith USB seems like nothing special, but Selphie's USB was my highest MND item, so now I guess I get to combine it and jack up that MND even higher, which is kinda cool.

Top Bottom