• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
MrvMYxh.png

Yes I skipped straight to Super 3

Oh how sweet it is

Not sure how to do an itemless run. Maybe I should have positioned my team better to get Whis heals, I think he only healed me twice. The two Ghost Ushers both came from the last form of Merged Zamasu.

Got up to Broly with my Super team but the crits just were not going my way and I got bodied. Hate having to rely on luck there. Really wish I had Merged Zamasu or Rose so I could field my extreme team here.

Got up to Broly with my Super team but the crits just were not going my way and I got bodied. Hate having to rely on luck there. Really wish I had Merged Zamasu or Rose so I could field my extreme team here.

Even if I had Zamasu or Rose, I'd get wrecked. I literally have no good villians lol

Using my Super team with SSJ Int Trunks as lead. Stage 1 was cake. Stage 2 is still cake as well lol

Fox1304

Had absolutely no issue with the first level with a mono-AGL team, and a LR Majin Vegeto as friend.
SV
Dokkaned SSJ3 Goku
SSJ3 GT Goku
SSB Goku
Ape Turles
SSJ Goku.

Will try Round 2 tonight.

MiTYH

Missing Rose/Buuhan for a villains team, missing Godtenks/VB for my heroes team

Villains has Janemba, Omega, GokuBlack/Broly, Merged Zamasu.
Heroes has Gogeta, SV, Phytenks, SSBKK, SSJ3 Vegeta.

Guess I'll give both a try and see which is better

So is Mono-Int any good for the boss rush? I managed to beat Super 1 incredibly easily but haven't tried the rest.

Leader - Buuhan
Janemba
General Blue
Turles
Vegito
Piccolo (UR, not LR)
Friend - Buuhan

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah I got lucky vs Broly. Crit STR immediately, don't think he touched me. Was able to stall PHY long enough then just one shotted him with Gogeta or something. I really didn't take much damage from him. I really hate that luck is even involved there.

Also having a 100% VB friend helped a TON throughout the run.

denebj

Neo Member
Completed all the boss rush :) Takes a while though !
I used a villain team for the boss rush 1 and decided to use a mono STR with Broly for the boss rush 2.
I ended up with 1 extra dende !
- Phy Broly was a little scary - Especially without Omega to lower the def :O
- TEQ Merged Zamasu and Rose where a tad trouble some. They hit hard and often.

Glad I am done , took me 1 hour and 20 ish minute.

LR Broly - SA 20
Gogeta - SA 10 - Two paths
SSJ2 Gohan
SSJ3 Vegeta - The savior lol
SSG Goku - SA 10 - All paths open but I did not put orb in him
SSJ2 Trunk
Friend LR Broly

MiTYH

Goddamn, I need Godtenks for my super team. I like Buuhan but I might go for him on the red stone...

Without my own VB, took my hero team to level 2 and got hit REAL hard on SSBKK's stage, the first one! I had no TEQ units, but still, that was bad.

EDIT: Whooo, beat stage 1, and stage 2 (both versions). Don't think I'm strong enough for the stage 3, I BARELY beat the 2nd stage 2 with all my items. Only won thanks to Friend VB and my SV's counters

fuckin made it all the way to VB with my ghetto Extreme team before I just ran out of luck/items/HP. I think I'm done trying for today. I think Super or mono AGI are still my best bets. No idea how anyone manages with mono STR, that didn't work for me either.

I'm not one but no because he wasn't out yet.

In general I think it's safe to assume gacha LR units will NEVER be on dokkanfest banners.

Gacha LRs are generally only on non-Dokkan banners.
O I thought MV was out at the time ops.

Damn so that means I gotta choose between not getting MV and not getting SSJ4 :(

Thanks guys lol. I'll just save for SSJ4 since it's pretty close as is.

Cruxist

Logged into my global account after some time to be greeted by that 7 day login bonus. Wow, I've been away for a while.

And my account really isn't that bad. It's just that my Japan account trounces it on every level. Oh well, I'm going to try and take on Boss Rush with a full Int team. I don't think it should be too tough with the health regen, but who knows.

Broly and Rosé made me item up. Aside from that it wasn't too bad with this team. Also was playing on and off today, thus the long finish time. I guess it counts the timestamp you start and end versus actual time played.

70QOUtol.png

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Logged into my global account after some time to be greeted by that 7 day login bonus. Wow, I've been away for a while.

And my account really isn't that bad. It's just that my Japan account trounces it on every level. Oh well, I'm going to try and take on Boss Rush with a full Int team. I don't think it should be too tough with the health regen, but who knows.
Someone posted their time with INT on Reddit and it was 3 hours long.

Broly and Rosé made me item up. Aside from that it wasn't too bad with this team. Also was playing on and off today, thus the long finish time. I guess it counts the timestamp you start and end versus actual time played.

idgi, I died well before the finish line with my similar mono STR team. Is Vegeta THAT clutch? Was he in your standard rotation or floating?

Tamanon

Banned
Still at SA9 on Merged Zamasu. 22 runs, 1 drop and it didn't raise the SA.

This close to just shelving it and burning a Kai some other time :(

Durden77

So does anyone know this about LR Majin Vegeta?

Since his 12 ki super is mega colossal damage and his 18 ki one is colossal, is it actually better to go for 17 ki with him? Or if I make it all the way to 24 ki will the ki multiplier make his AOE super just as strong or stronger?

Speaking as someone who ran heroes, yes, yes he was that clutch. 4k damage from a QCK Super attack? Yes please

hnnng I need him so bad. 50% stun chance on his super AND that passive? bananas

he's not on any banner till masked saiyan RIP

I need Vegito Blue so bad. I have 100% of the perfect Super team, except for the Leader. Will he be in the SSJ4 banner?

he's on the SS4 Vegeta banner

First two boss rushes were hella easy. First one used zero items second one used a senzu due to Friezas stupid lock mechanic. Beerus didn't even get to sleep he just got pummelled lol.

i wish I could choose when to use my Dokkan, my second one ended up being used on Ultimate Gohan when he had like 1 bar of health :/.

Mon-STR would not go over well for the 3rd stage right?

This is a QoL update I'd love for the devs to implement. It's bothered me since day 1 that you can't control even who gets the Dokkan that turn.

The first person to super gets the Dokkan, that's as much control as they give you. But it's annoying because I want to use it when I need it, I do not need it when a boss has 1 bar of health left and I have another boss to face after.

If you had a good team already the first three are easy as can be. The last stage is what's hard and where you'll have to adjust.

I've been using
Lead: OS
Gogeta
Bee pan
SSJ3 Vegeta
Buutenks
Meta-Rildo

all units that can be DAed are. I guess SSBKK would be the biggest challenge :/

Been working my up on the Boss Rush. Just finished Stage 2 Super 2 in about 24 minutes. I love my maxed Omega, but I'm wondering if I should maybe switch him to LR Broly for Super 3.

Been working my up on the Boss Rush. Just finished Stage 2 Super 2 in about 24 minutes. I love my maxed Omega, but I'm wondering if I should maybe switch him to LR Broly for Super 3.
Just have him as a sub to LR Broly. Pair him up with Metal Dildo if you have him since it'll make the Broly fight reasonable and the OS fight a piece of cake, outside of the added defense.

Durden77

Just died against Rage PHY Trunks on his last life bar. I had no items, there was nothing I could do.

Arrrrrrggg. I can definitely do it though. Using LR Majin Vegeta mono AGL. I had to use a weak LR MV friend (SA2 and level 90), because they're hard to find. If I can get a better one and have a few more things go my way, I got it, or I may go with a SV friend as more defense is always good. Merged Zamasu is ROUGH for mono AGL though. He sucked all my items away.

I know that my mono extreme team is probably stronger, but fuck that I wanna beat this with MV lead. One thing I learned though is LR MVs defense is suprisingly good. I was using him to tank when SV and Golden Frieza weren't around for whatever reason.

SSB Vegeta level is so super happy omg, every single form supered. Used no items up until him.

Beat him. So beat three of the Boss Rushes using a total of 3 items(1 senzu because Frieza, 2 Babas because SSB supers).

I'm not looking forward to the last one...

Just died against Rage PHY Trunks on his last life bar. I had no items, there was nothing I could do.

Arrrrrrggg. I can definitely do it though. Using LR Majin Vegeta mono AGL. I had to use a weak LR MV friend (SA2 and level 90), because they're hard to find. If I can get a better one and have a few more things go my way, I got it, or I may go with a SV friend as more defense is always good. Merged Zamasu is ROUGH for mono AGL though. He sucked all my items away.

I know that my mono extreme team is probably stronger, but fuck that I wanna beat this with MV lead. One thing I learned though is LR MVs defense is suprisingly good. I was using him to tank when SV and Golden Frieza weren't around for whatever reason.

Use a 2nd SV instead. More tanking potential.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I was looking at mono agl to do the second stage of boss rush, but broly kinda throws a wrench in that plan because agl just straight up lacks good greatly lower defense characters.

I guess I could bring family gohan and just have him as a floater until the broly fight, and then just have sv + golden freeza block on one rotation and then have gohan attack on the other, sounds like it would take a while though...

Durden77

What the FUCK. I was having a great run on boss rush, was on Vegito Blue, and I closed the app to leave my desk at work. When I started the app back up it didn't give me the option to continue! It just went straight to the main menu!!!

Arrrggg I have no idea how that happened! Ugh whatever. I swear the little pop up did not come up, so beware of suspending your game. Unless I'm just being an idiot or something. Maybe I tapped the screen the INSTANT the box came up. That's so stupid that they even ask you, why would you just throw a game away?

Welp, here goes round THREE.

Use a 2nd SV instead. More tanking potential.

I am now, and yeah it seems to work better for this. Also switched out SSJ3 Goku (was.pretty much only there for OiaF) for the LR Androids and everything's working better now.

Arrrammis

LR Broly team worked pretty well! Only hard part was Super Saiyan Rose Black(four AGL phases? ugh), Omega Shenron was just really annoying because his position locking forced me to either use a senzu/Dende or deal with a messed up rotation.

SSj3 Vegeta is the MVP, insane damage reduction plus a 50% chance to stun on super.

Going with this for Boss Rush

It's been done with this team before so it should be fine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNgEf7H7URg

Only thing I do't like is relying on crits in some spots, particularly Broly's fight. But I think I have more orbs invested in my guys than in this video so I should be ok.

Also it drops on Tuesday, not tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up on the team comp. Managed to completed on my 2nd try (Wasn't paying attention and got super'd by Syn Shenron). Took it extra slow (over 3 hours game time) to complete it. Took breaks every now and then.

Broly fight is hella annoying. SSJ3 Vegeta MVP.

LR Broly team worked pretty well! Only hard part was Super Saiyan Rose Black(four AGL phases? ugh), Omega Shenron was just really annoying because his position locking forced me to either use a senzu/Dende or deal with a messed up rotation.

SSj3 Vegeta is the MVP, insane damage reduction plus a 50% chance to stun on super.

I don't have a LR broly so I can't do a double LR Broly for Super3. Not sure what team I should take...

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Thanks for the heads up on the team comp. Managed to completed on my 2nd try (Wasn't paying attention and got super'd by Syn Shenron). Took it extra slow (over 3 hours game time) to complete it. Took breaks every now and then.

Broly fight is hella annoying. SSJ3 Vegeta MVP.

No problem! How many times did Whis heal you? I was only able to get 2, sometimes I'd get close to the required 30% and then have Whis on the turn where he's basically useless so tat hurt a lot.

Since I have zero will power I spent all my stones on the Rising Dragon wanting LR Broly/MV. Only decentish card I got was Majuub which was a dupe and I already have him awakened so I'd have to spend 30 gems just to get full use out of him rip me.

Top Bottom