• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2017

GulAtiCa

Congratulations to you both! I had a chance to play the beta last year, and enjoyed my time with it.

And thank you again to Camjo-Z for Mutant Mudds. I started playing through it this week, and it's giving me those good nostalgia vibes. It's been a bit challenging at times, but quite fun.

Congrats, excited about this.

Thanks! Hopefully the NA version won't be too far behind.

Really looking forward to getting this out. I have a lot of pride in this game and really enjoyed making it. Curious to see what people think of it. I don't expect too much from the game on Wii U, as Switch will be our main goal. Really curious how many online levels will end up being created.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looking forward to what Nintendo will do with VC on Switch. Wonder if that'll be a part of their E3 discussion. Probably not this close to launch and without a need to stir up interest, though. Maybe in the Fall.
Same here, I'm hoping they finally announce VC or the new equivalent. I'd like it even more if they just unified the systems available so I can buy GB & GBC titles on the Switch along with NES, SNES, N64, GBA, & maybe DS since the Switch has a touch screen.

I can't imagine Wii being available, despite the fact the Joycon seems like it could work alright as a Wiimote.

Still holding out on that possibility of GCN game hitting. Hell, gimme more than just NES games with online. Imagine if they re-released SSB Melee with online, that would be HUGE.

TheMoon

Its a serviceable traditional Zelda-lite, originally a 3.5 year old iOS game.
They're working on a sequel that's even more Zelda-like.

With even more terrible animations that stick out more due to it being a different camera angle. Just all around bad. All focused on looking good in screenshots.

Lordy, I honestly am slightly holding my breath that next week we'll get some type of start-up for the service. I might end up disappointed but we'll see.

VC is not E3-level stuff. That's Nintendo Direct material.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Didn't they release Earthbound right after their E3 stuff, when that came out?
It was on a Monday, right before the Nintendo World Championship started, then became available later that day at 6 P.M. Pacific. So really, it was BEFORE their E3 stuff, since they seem to have their digital event on a Tuesday.

TheMoon

It was on a Monday, right before the Nintendo World Championship started, then became available later that day at 6 P.M. Pacific. So really, it was BEFORE their E3 stuff, since they seem to have their digital event on a Tuesday.

That was Earthbound Beginnings, yes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Earthbound/Mother 2 was Comic-Con, of all things. It was announced in April 2013 it was coming, then Comic-Con was the "and it's available NOW!" reveal.

Camjo-Z

I don't expect too much from the game on Wii U, as Switch will be our main goal. Really curious how many online levels will end up being created.

dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

Same here, I'm hoping they finally announce VC or the new equivalent. I'd like it even more if they just unified the systems available so I can buy GB & GBC titles on the Switch along with NES, SNES, N64, GBA, & maybe DS since the Switch has a touch screen.

we're going to get the same old selection of 5 NES games at launch and we're going to like it

BooJoh

Indie releases have been a cluster fuck on the Switch.

Shit we think is coming just never shows up or get delayed at like the last possible minute.

Then other shit like Shantae just randomly shows up on the website as coming soon in like a couple of days with no fan fair.

I don't see how this is good for devs or Nintendo for that matter.

We've known Shantae was coming to Switch for a short while now, and it was on the EU shop with a date as of last week. They confirmed it for NA a few days ago I believe.

But basically unless you keep up on Wayforward's social media or eShop news sites it would've been easy to miss.

And for anyone wondering about free backer content, Wayforward posted an official response on a Facebook comment of all places saying:
Wayforward said:
Unfortunately no. The switch version is not included in the Kickstarter campaign therefore is not a available through Kickstarter or to backers. This version is not include or associated to that campaign.

Joqu

Earthbound/Mother 2 was Comic-Con, of all things. It was announced in April 2013 it was coming, then Comic-Con was the "and it's available NOW!" reveal.

Yeah, it was really annoying, my OT wasn't ready yet so I had to rush it. >_>

Guys as much as I want to start investing on Switch's digital downloads.. I can't go thorough the fact that in case you get another Switch you have to go over a Support Chat madness to get the console ID changed so you can access the game library.

Although.. I did buy Mr Shifty and I'm loving it! Any games you wanna recommend?

Bowl0l

Guys as much as I want to start investing on Switch's digital downloads.. I can't go thorough the fact that in case you get another Switch you have to go over a Support Chat madness to get the console ID changed so you can access the game library.
Is this true? I thought Nintendo mentioned we could switch console without contacting​ support?

Shizza

I absolutely agree. There's a ton of handheld games that I'd love check out, but I haven't had one since the Gameboy Color days.

I've gotten a lot of the GBA & NDS games on the Wii U, but I miss my old GB & GBC ones.

Pokemaniac

Although.. I did buy Mr Shifty and I'm loving it! Any games you wanna recommend?

You can deactivate and activate consoles by yourself from the eShop settings.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Is this true? I thought Nintendo mentioned we could switch console without contacting​ support?

You can deactivate/un-link your Nintendo Account directly on the console and link it with another Switch afterwards without contacting support.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So with some games that are coming in the next week or two being officially announced I guess that means we can clear those weeks off the list.

So yeah Pocket Rumble ain't making it before Spring ends unless there is some kind of act of god that randomly springs up.

Camjo-Z

Digital version of Has-Been Heroes is 50% off at Gamestop online for $9.99. Not sure if this is valid outside the US.

Haven't heard much about the quality of the game.

Thanks for this, was thinking about buying it before but for $10 I had to jump in. I can see why it got polarizing reviews because there's a lot of luck involved with the runs and the finer mechanics are pretty damn obtuse, but I'm liking it regardless. Once you figure out how to properly time attacks and switch characters around it's got a satisfying flow.

edit: holy crap i can't stress how luck based this is as you get further in. you will literally be given waves that are impossible to kill with your current abilities no matter how skilled you are.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I was curious as to how prices compared across Canada, Mexico, and the USA... so I threw together a quick spreadsheet comparing prices against the US eshop.

Here are some of the more meaningful discounts, as expressed in US dollars:

Shantae - Mexico, $14.83 (-5.16)
Neo Geo titles - Canada, $7.68 (-.31)
Ultra SF2 - Canada, $38.88 (-1.11)
Minecraft - Canada, $23.33 (-6.66)
Graceful Explosion - Canada, 10.88 (-2.11)
Vroom in Night Sky - Canada, 9.33 (-.66)
Lego City - Canada, 54.44 (-5.55)
World of Goo/Human Resource/Little Inferno - Mexico, 6.60 (-3.39)
I am Setsuna - Canada, 31.10 (-8.89)
Just Dance - Canada, 46.66 (-13.33)

(Web version of all current data I have here: http://potchgult.com/eshop/ - if anyone is interested in helping keep this updated, let me know. I don't think there's a way to automatically load up current prices, sadly...)

TheMoon

Moon, you can't go around posting like everything is normal

until you explain that tag

Nobody explained it to me either. It was just there this morning. I guess I did a one-two punch of my typical smart assery/grammar nazi move last night while also owning someone regarding what the definition of facts is?! I suppose that's where it comes from, with the (Merriam) Webster reference and all. *shrug*

The green is distracting.

Has-been Heroes is pretty fun, and quite different from other games I've played. Thanks for the 10 dollar tip, Maiden Voyage! I'm not very good yet, but I've at least beaten the first area. It seems to have a lot of content, so it should keep me busy through e3 till Arms arrives!

donny2112

Nobody explained it to me either. It was just there this morning. I guess I did a one-two punch of my typical smart assery/grammar nazi move last night while also owning someone regarding what the definition of facts is?! I suppose that's where it comes from, with the (Merriam) Webster reference and all. *shrug*

The green is distracting.

Did you correct someone on American/English spelling (e.g. color, colour)? When I think of Webster, I think of the fact that he intentionally wanted American to be distinct from British English, and those kinds of spelling differences are explicit effects of that effort.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Has-been Heroes is pretty fun, and quite different from other games I've played. Thanks for the 10 dollar tip, Maiden Voyage! I'm not very good yet, but I've at least beaten the first area. It seems to have a lot of content, so it should keep me busy through e3 till Arms arrives!

I'm still torn on whether or not to get it.

I'm still torn on whether or not to get it.

It's a pretty slow burn at first, to be sure. The random elements do make a big difference, even before you get the systems down. But I think it's pretty fun to learn a new way to control games, and this definitely has a unique method of controlling the action.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Anyone going to one of these Summer of Play events?

Date City Venue
6/9-6/11 Irvine, California Irvine Spectrum Center
6/16-6/18 Pleasanton, California Alameda County Fair
6/23-6/25 Bloomington, Minnesota Mall of America®
6/30-7/2 Milwaukee, Wisconsin Henry Maier Festival Park (Summerfest Grounds)
7/7-7/9 Chicago Navy Pier
7/14-7/16 Glendale, Arizona Arrowhead Towne Center
7/20-7/23 San Diego Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina (San Diego Comic-Con)
7/28-7/30 Arlington, Texas The Parks Mall at Arlington
8/4-8/6 Miami, Florida Aventura Mall
8/11-8/13 Bethlehem, Pennsylvania Musikfest
8/18-8/20 New York DUMBO Waterfront
8/25-8/27 King of Prussia, Pennsylvania King of Prussia Mall
9/2-9/4 Baltimore Harborplace

TheMoon

It's a pretty slow burn at first, to be sure. The random elements do make a big difference, even before you get the systems down. But I think it's pretty fun to learn a new way to control games, and this definitely has a unique method of controlling the action.

This might do wonders in a proper sale one day. Sadly that GameStop digital deal is US-only (they even explicitly ban foreign PayPal accounts).

Did you correct someone on American/English spelling (e.g. color, colour)? When I think of Webster, I think of the fact that he intentionally wanted American to be distinct from British English, and those kinds of spelling differences are explicit effects of that effort.

Nah, it was just the old grammar classic "should of" in a thread title (has since been fixed) which lead to this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=239772307&postcount=3

And around the same time I dropped some major condescension shade (well justified, I would argue) here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=239836543&postcount=144

I think it's the grammar snark+word definition burn combo that caused it. lol

Honestly surprised the tag ended up relatively nice^^

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

I wound up buying it. I thought I would hate the lane-based combat system. It's refreshing to have a new combat system for me. I am really enjoying it. I think it will be a great pick-up-and-play title here and there. $10 is a good price, not sure how I would feel about paying full price this early in.

Vanillalite

Pocket Rumble devs or people connected with the project are kinda dicks too the point where I'd actively discourage people from supporting and/or buying the game.

Vanillalite

Huh. Why?

Some of them are over some people asking about the switch version and the official twitter account hasn't said anything since April. So now one of them is just blocking people now on their own account.

They never should have put a date on it to begin with either at launch or said spring when it was delayed vs just saying we gotta work out the kinks and will update you as soon as we can.

I know a bunch of Switch GAFers in our discord chat are all kinds salty about it being MIA, and over it now that there are so many different Switch fighters out/coming.

Camjo-Z

Some of them are over some people asking about the switch version and the official twitter account hasn't said anything since April. So now one of them is just blocking people now on their own account.

They never should have put a date on it to begin with either at launch or said spring when it was delayed vs just saying we gotta work out the kinks and will update you as soon as we can.

I know a bunch of Switch GAFers in our discord chat are all kinds salty about it being MIA, and over it now that there are so many different Switch fighters out/coming.

Don't you feel just a little silly getting this annoyed over a delayed release date? I assume you're talking about this Twitter account, which seem like perfectly reasonable responses from someone who keeps getting pestered about something she's not even responsible for.

Vanillalite

Don't you feel just a little silly getting this annoyed over a delayed release date? I assume you're talking about this Twitter account, which seem like perfectly reasonable responses from someone who keeps getting pestered about something she's not even responsible for.

I mean I get she's probably annoyed. Idk who she is or what's her role. Blocking people probably isn't the smartest way to go about it all though.

I sympathize with her if people are being total dicks, but if you can't handle people just asking where the game is idk if blocking is the best idea. This is especially so in a crowded market now for Switch fighters. I mean I don't think anyone is actively going after her personally.

We don't even know it's delayed btw cause they haven't actually said anything. I think people would be fine with a delay. They'd just rather know than not know so they can plan out their purchase accordingly.

Maybe I just am misreading this all. I'd prefer people just to be nicer to everyone. I don't think anyone means anything malicious over this all. Lol

Top Bottom