• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Veep - S6 |OT| - Making History. Whether You Like It Or Not. - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
These two episodes have been absolutely terrible for me. I've not laughed once.

"How do I make this thing read my emails out loud?"

I mean, Jesus Christ. Who could have guessed what would happen next?

Goodstyle

This might actually be my favourite season by the end of it.

The plot is obviously not a fever on this show so I don't mind if they're weaker, but Selina being attacked for not embracing her husband's mistress is really really stretching it.

It really isn't. The mistress claims she was sexually harassed by Andrew, and the college's view is that Selina is punishing her for what her husband did. Suggesting that the mistress is lying would be viewed as monstrously sexist by that campus. This could easily happen in the real world.

Futureman

Just watched the first two episodes last night. My GF and I usually start a show and then don't watch anything else until we finish.

Seinfeld is one of my fav shows ever and I really liked the first two episodes. Hopefully my GF likes this enough to continue.

any advice on the quality of the seasons? Is it pretty consistent throughout all 6 seasons?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Just watched the first two episodes last night. My GF and I usually start a show and then don't watch anything else until we finish.

Seinfeld is one of my fav shows ever and I really liked the first two episodes. Hopefully my GF likes this enough to continue.

any advice on the quality of the seasons? Is it pretty consistent throughout all 6 seasons?

There's a dip in quality starting with season 5 (the original showrunner left at the end of 4), but it's still a watchable show.

Dachande

There's a dip in quality starting with season 5 (the original showrunner left at the end of 4), but it's still a watchable show.

But to be fair, I think it's gone back up since then. I don't think it's quite reached the original quality bar since Iannucci left, but it's still really fucking high and way better than 95% of everything else. Last night's episode was great.

TTOOLL

I just wanna say I've just started this series and I'm 3 episodes in, I like it so far but I imagine it gets better overtime, right?

Man, wtf is Jonah?? lol

I hope to catch up as soon as possible ;)

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I just wanna say I've just started this series and I'm 3 episodes in, I like it so far but I imagine it gets better overtime, right?

Man, wtf is Jonah?? lol

I hope to catch up as soon as possible ;)

Jonah is amazing gets better and better every season.

Jonah's dates were amazing.

He still has one date left, right? I remember they said there were 4 woman they found, but I only remember 3 dates shown.

I really hope it's someone that can dish out awful shit just as well as Jonah can, a real match (or even more horrible) for him.

Hasney

Jonah's dates were amazing.

He still has one date left, right? I remember they said there were 4 woman they found, but I only remember 3 dates shown.

I really hope it's someone that can dish out awful shit just as well as Jonah can, a real match (or even more horrible) for him.

Yeah, when Dan(ny) came over, because he was really well matched with his date up until that point, I thought she was just going to insult the shit out of him.

- THR: The Men of 'Veep': Tony Hale, Gary Cole and 5 More on Their Best Insults, Trump vs. Selina

c4c2DOA.jpg

New episode tonight:
Georgia

Selina (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) helps monitor the first free and democratic election in Georgia - the country, not the state - and is reunited with an old "friend." Meanwhile, Mike (Matt Walsh) and Gary (Tony Hale) hide evidence of a major mishap, and Jonah (Timothy Simons) and Richard (Sam Richardson) have an eventful night out. Back in the U.S., Dan (Reid Scott) tries to help Amy (Anna Chlumsky).

Hazmat

I thought this was a little bit of a step down from last week. The former Finnish prime minister is wearing a little thin for me. Loved all the Jonah stuff as usual though.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
They can probably let Minna go now, but I did like the spin this episode where she thought she was real close friends with Selina and decided to keep bringing up intimate sex details.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yeah, that wasn't a very good one - all of the cartoonishness from last season was on display in full force. I did laugh at the SpaghettiOs bit though.

KiN0

Worst episode in the series yet. Character development is gone and everyone is a single punch line. I hope the rest of the season is better, these last few episodes haven't been very encouraging.

Yeah, I didn't care for this episode. Plus in terms of establishing a greater narrative, it's treading water. Almost as if the show has told all the stories and jokes it has to tell.

Kind of like Saved By The Bell: The College Years. Just let it die already.

Vyer

Enjoyed this episode, better than the premier imo. I also enjoy Selina's general aversion to Minna and I'm looking forward to the nods to our fucked up reality this show is making on a regular basis.

I like how they keep finding reasons for Minna to just appear, much to Selina's chagrin.

Curious if Jonah's unintentional appearance at a Nazi event will come back to haunt him

dLMN8R

Ok I re-watched the end of the episode a couple times but I can't tell what happened - how did that 3rd guy end up winning? Because he was listening to Selina and Minna the whole time and was thus able to take down both of the other candidates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom