• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Milchjon

So the league sent Mary Jo White out on a conference call.

So the NFLPA and Breesy look like they want names so they can retaliate. Classy.

Also. 18,000 documents gathered.
Sounds like it. I'm losing the last inkling of respect I had for him.

Baltimore Larry won't handle this news well.

He was already making plans for next year's No 1 pick earlier on IRC.
Hey the Pats cut Tiquan Underwood again
Poor dude can't catch a break.

Draxal

Serious? It's the most dead simple game to be marginally decent at unless you've only ever played shooters in your life.

You know you get to pick your own character, right? There is no need to learn all other heroes.

Yes, you can pick a character, but if an opponents picks a counter char, there's nothing you can do but be farmed if you are new to the game, and you will end up frustrating your teammates (see BannedEpisode's example). You're pretty much ignoring all the depth in the game which is picking/counterpicking depending on your team/opponent's team needs.

2012: Year Of The Ginger

Fuck yes!
white-michael-vick-thumb-400xauto-23194.jpg

eznark

Banned
Yes, you can pick a character, but if an opponents picks a counter char, there's nothing you can do but be farmed if you are new to the game, and you will end up frustrating your teammates (see BannedEpisode's example). You're pretty much ignoring all the depth in the game which is picking/counterpicking depending on your team/opponent's team needs.

No, I'm not. Playing the game is fantastically easy if you have even the slightest idea what you are doing. Will you be great or even proficient at first? Probably not. But understanding how to play a moba is brain dead easy. Walk down a lane, don't die. You do that and you are instantly better than 50% of the people who play. After a few matches you'll start to pick up the finer points.

lol at a counter character immediately and irrevocably feeding off your character. Man, someone bent you over and went in raw. Was it anti-mage? He's like a remorseless jackhammer if he finds you in a back alley. You need to watch what you're wearing. You were probably asking for it with all those mana items and that soft caster body.

Draxal

No, I'm not. Playing the game is fantastically easy if you have even the slightest idea what you are doing. Will you be great or even proficient at first? Probably not. But understanding how to play a moba is brain dead easy. Walk down a lane, don't die. You do that and you are instantly better than 50% of the people who play. After a few matches you'll start to pick up the finer points.

lol at a counter character immediately and irrevocably feeding off your character. Man, someone bent you over and went in raw. Was it anti-mage? He's like a remorseless jackhammer if he finds you in a back alley. You need to watch what you're wearing. You were probably asking for it with all those mana items and that soft caster body.

I don't know you have to ask BannedExample why they raged at him like that(I'm coming more from a Lol background which is a bit more forgiving than Dota), and I'll just say your definition and my definition of decent must be totally different, and leave it at that.

eznark

Banned
I don't know you have to ask BannedExample why they raged at him like that, and I'll just say your definition and my definition of decent must be totally different.

Probably. I don't take it seriously and I don't rage if I lose. Basically if you aren't retardedly awful like MrBob and LiveWire, then I'm fine with it.

I should clarify that I just dont find the game to be very fun. The elitist jerkhole community was just the final push for me to not play the game.

I'll probably give it another try after the official release.

eznark

Banned
I should clarify that I just dont find the game to be very fun. The elitist jerkhole community was just the final push for me to not play the game.

Here is a tip: just don't pay attention. There is almost never anything useful going on in the chat. Just fucking mute everyone, or come play with me. I don't care.

Draxal

I was bored and tried to associate posters with a NFL player of that team they root for, and I cannot think of a better fit than FMT with 49ers-era Charles Haley.

Here is a tip: just don't pay attention. There is almost never anything useful going on in the chat. Just fucking mute everyone, or come play with me. I don't care.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bidoofaloof Add me. I dont get on as much I used to but in a couple weeks I'll just be working off campus so I'll have more time.

Give me your dota 2 beta key! I'll give you something in return, like ops in the nfl channel.

lol I traded my first two for games and the second set as well. Dota's been pretty sweet in that regard.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The Lions made an offer to Ryan Grant.

Ryan Grant.

snesfreak

Banned
You had a good defense. But you were no 2000 Ravens.

Ravens played an extremely soft schedule. I swear when Trently took over I looked at their remaining schedule and knew they would set the scoring D record. And then they got to play against the charmin soft Giants in the SB.

Not saying they werent good. But the Bucs D overall was better. Best pass D ever and man could they rush the passer. I believe that team holds the record for lowest QB rating against the D. And the truth is our 99 team was even better. Our offense was just so bad that year and we had so many games where the ball just didn't bounce our way.

If the Lions get at least five games out of each, its perfect!

Gonna be so great when its Grant who daggers the Packers in the NFC title game in Detroit, with :00 seconds left on a flats route from Stafford to seal the 75-74 victory after an intense duel between Stafford and the GB backup QB Grahm Harrell.

LukeSmith

I've played almost 400 games of DOTA2 and maybe encountered a handful (less than 10) people who actually irritated me.

Toughen up

God, I love that Stafford avatar, Goldy

Top Bottom