• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Not everyone can read japanese.

Sorry, should have elaborated regarding Ys VIII.

My Japanese is lousy, but I thoroughly enjoyed the import without too much issue. Besides, the recommendation still stands for when we inevitably get it localised this year.

UCBooties

I mentioned this in the LRG thread, but it might be of interest here as well.

The developers of Fallen Legion recently announced that the Vita version of Fallen Legion will include a unique story and focus on a different character than the PS4 version making it a companion game to the console version rather than a port. I haven't been able to find much information about the specifics but it sounds like in the Vita version you play a character who is opposed to the main character of the PS4 version and that there will be unique scenarios and some unique enemies in the Vita version.

AFAIK they are not related in any way. Badland is the Spanish distributior of PQube and PQube is the UK distributor of Badland, but nothing more than that.

But Badland have an office in the UK. More precisely, it's located less than 30 miles from PQube's publishing headquarters. Why would they open an office there if PQube is their distributor for the country?

Well, they didn't manage a retail release of their own title (Dex) recently, while they did get the PS4 version out at retail.

Badland didn't develop or fund Dex fwiw. Like Anima, it was a Kickstarted game by a Czech indie dev: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dreadlocks/dex-cyberpunk-2d-rpg
I'm assuming Badland either stepped into to fullfill the physical rewards (PC DVD) of the campaign or else they just licensed the game for that PS4 retail release?

I'd take that.

I'd honestly take any of Desired Remastered; Eve Burst Error R; Yu-No etc. Vita's gotten a real run of good VN's over the past year or so.

I mentioned this in the LRG thread, but it might be of interest here as well.

The developers of Fallen Legion recently announced that the Vita version of Fallen Legion will include a unique story and focus on a different character than the PS4 version making it a companion game to the console version rather than a port. I haven't been able to find much information about the specifics but it sounds like in the Vita version you play a character who is opposed to the main character of the PS4 version and that there will be unique scenarios and some unique enemies in the Vita version.

Interesting. Sounds like Ukiyo no Roushi/Ukiyo no Shishi.

Badland didn't develop or fund Dex fwiw. Like Anima, it was a Kickstarted game by a Czech indie dev: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dreadlocks/dex-cyberpunk-2d-rpg
I'm assuming Badland either stepped into to fullfill the physical rewards (PC DVD) of the campaign or else they just licensed the game for that PS4 retail release?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dreadlocks/dex-cyberpunk-2d-rpg/posts/1367997

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dreadlocks/dex-cyberpunk-2d-rpg/posts/1570732

I know Badland stepped in, but there were no physical rewards in the campaign. They just decided to do a physical release for PS4 for whatever reason. XB1 got digital-only either, so it's not a massive surprise that Vita was, I was just pointing it out when we were discussing possibility of them doing physical releases of other games (i.e. they're the console publisher of Dex, so they'd have first refusal on that and chose not to).

I know Badland stepped in, but there were no physical rewards in the campaign. They just decided to do a physical release for PS4 for whatever reason. XB1 got digital-only either, so it's not a massive surprise that Vita was, I was just pointing it out when we were discussing possibility of them doing physical releases of other games (i.e. they're the console publisher of Dex, so they'd have first refusal on that and chose not to).

Not entirely true. As a backer you could get the game on a (PC) DVD.

As for the PS4 release of the game, here's a press release by PQube:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/press...ting_a_physical_release_for_PS4_in_the_UK.php

Given how these 2 companies seem to either be related somehow or at least closely working together (in this instance and seemingly also on other games) who knows which Vita games they might do together?

Pata

But Badland have an office in the UK. More precisely, it's located less than 30 miles from PQube's publishing headquarters. Why would they open an office there if PQube is their distributor for the country?
A game publisher having an office in a country doesn't make that publisher a distributor, it could be merely a representative office.

As to why they are using a distribution partner, perhaps they are using it to save on distribution costs themselves (warehouses, salaries, etc) or perhaps as PQube has a better understanding and better contacts on the UK market than a new company does.

I don't have an answer as to why they have their offices so close together.

/sorry about the off-topic-ness

NolbertoS

Any chance LRG or another small JRPG publisher takes a stab at making localized US Vita game for "TOCS: 3rd chapter"?? Seems this will only get a PS4 release out West from Falcom, but hope LRG can convince them to make a Vita one

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So I'm about to be nabbing a Playstation TV and looking for a 16gb card. Is the $47 on amazon by best bet or is there someplace I'd be able to nab one cheaper?

Pata

Any chance LRG or another small JRPG publisher takes a stab at making localized US Vita game for "TOCS: 3rd chapter"?? Seems this will only get a PS4 release out West from Falcom, but hope LRG can convince them to make a Vita one
No way. Falcom has already decided that the game will be PS4-exclusive, the only ones that could change that decision are Falcom's themselves.

Saphirax

0. It's ps4 only. With the asset upgrades the game wouldn't be able to run on the Vita. Falcom already started moving away from the Vita.

Shizuka

Listing american retail releases of sorts, is Atelier Shallie Plus and Fate/Extella the only two titles for January?

Saphirax

Spike Chunsoft is teasing a game on their twitter.

Could be Kenka Bancho Otome!

Just kidding, it's probably Punchline or something.

Saphirax

Punchline is 5pb, though. Or does Spike Chunsoft do localizations now?

My hopes and dreams can't get crushed if I start from the bottom!

I assume Punchline would be PQube? Although not sure why anyone would bother bringing that game over. It completely fell off the radar.

My hopes and dreams can't get crushed if I start from the bottom!

I assume Punchline would be PQube? Although not sure why anyone would bother bringing that game over. It completely fell off the radar.

NISA and XSEED have also done 5pb titles before (Psycho Pass and Corpse Party). So who knows, really? PQube has only done Science Adventure at this point.

Takao

Banned

maybe spike chunsoft and pqube are reviving firepro wrestling
and that's the action game the pqube guy said couldn't be developed on vita

I was wondering about this the other day. LRG said they were doing a Vita exclusive in February? Maybe that could be Kenka Bancho otome, and they're using "exclusive" in the "it's not getting a physical release anywhere else" kinda way (since I assume it'd be on Steam).

Who knows!

Anyway, in other news, Arcadian Atlas writer is optimistic about its chances on Vita:

https://twitter.com/wtaylorbair/status/816495189632176128

Unity is very Vita friendly. It's a final modification step, so first to finish, but looks good!

Saphirax

Yeah, that one. Was on mobile and the twitter app is poop.

I was wondering about this the other day. LRG said they were doing a Vita exclusive in February? Maybe that could be Kenka Bancho otome, and they're using "exclusive" in the "it's not getting a physical release anywhere else" kinda way (since I assume it'd be on Steam).

Who knows!

Anyway, in other news, Arcadian Atlas writer is optimistic about its chances on Vita:

https://twitter.com/wtaylorbair/status/816495189632176128

Would probably be the first LRG release I'd get!

Shizuka

0mDacOo.jpg

The Dies Irae Kickstarter campaign has a new Vita stretch goal, much more modest compared to the previous one.

Toukiden 2 is also listed on Amazon.de:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01MS3V8B3/

It was pretty much confirmed before, but it's still great that we would get that after the Kiwami bomb.

I'd seriously like to know what's happened with Koei Tecmo and Vita. It's crazy that we get Chin pretty much confirming that Kiwami bombed and we wouldn't be getting any more physical games from them, then we didn't in 2016 (not even in Asia with fairly well known games such as Attack on Titan).

Then all of a sudden, not one but two physical releases in 2017 with Atelier Shallie and Toukiden 2.

Very happy. And I'm gonna be buying both of them!

Uppers is my most wanted Vita game not yet localized now so I'd be ecstatic if it's that they are bringing over. I love (and we greatly need more of) 3D brawlers.

Twilight Syndrome
! Come on, it fits! Okay maybe not. :(

Shizuka

Is Shantae going to be a rare title for the Vita in the future? I read that Best Buy is sold out and that's it for that particular retailer.

Is Shantae going to be a rare title for the Vita in the future? I read that Best Buy is sold out and that's it for that particular retailer.

Best Buy is pretty random when it comes to what Vita games they want to continue to stock past the first shipment. IFI and Nisa are about the only ones now that hang around for any significant amount of time, while everyone else drops off after a shipment or 2. Even Cold Steel 2 didn't get a restock past it's first shipment and it was sold out after the first launch week.

18-Volt

Still no word on Caligula and Tokyo Xanadu. Atlus and Aksys both said they'll be out in early 2017, are they gonna date the games or what? I would be so funny if Gaijinworks release Summon Night 6 before them.

i-Jest

Why doesn't vaporware and outright canceled ports get removed from the OP?

False hope is cruel.

With vapor ware, unless we get official word, then I'm not gonna count them out. Don't think about it to much. If they come then they come. We can all rejoice when it happens. If they don't release, then it's not the end of the world. I learned a long time ago not to get hung up on games that go ghost and stay that way. That's a fine way to miss out on other great games.

Still no word on Caligula and Tokyo Xanadu. Atlus and Aksys both said they'll be out in early 2017, are they gonna date the games or what? I would be so funny if Gaijinworks release Summon Night 6 before them.

John Hardin recently said on Twitter that Caligula isn't that far along so don't expect any news about it until the new year (this was early December).

So yeah, I wouldn't expect it until Summer at the earliest.

Tokyo Xanadu is probably held up by the PC porting.

Getting very close to just biting the bullet and importing Ukiyo no Roushi, so hopefully me buying it means it'll finally be announced for the West :p

Getting very close to just biting the bullet and importing Ukiyo no Roushi, so hopefully me buying it means it'll finally be announced for the West :p

I imported it late last year. Still haven't gotten round to it yet.

I think there are 0 chances of it coming west, so you might as well. It's been nearly 2 years since it released in Japan, it's too late now.

I imported it late last year. Still haven't gotten round to it yet.

I think there are 0 chances of it coming west, so you might as well. It's been nearly 2 years since it released in Japan, it's too late now.

Yeah, I agree, sadly. Has been my most wanted localisation for Vita, but hadn't had enough time for the import to be urgent. It's going a bit cheaper now, so shall pick it up.

Yeah, I agree, sadly. Has been my most wanted localisation for Vita, but hadn't had enough time for the import to be urgent. It's going a bit cheaper now, so shall pick it up.

Play-Asia occasionally knock loads off the price of specific games, but only for one copy (i.e. after you've purchased it, price goes back up). I managed to get it that way. Though I think it's going cheap on amazon.jp anyway.

Top Bottom