• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theme Parks & Roller Coasters |OT| The Happiest Place on GAF

Shrek 4-D officially closed a few days ago. No word on when the revamp into Kung Fu Panda will be ready, but they're building something right next to it. I doubt it has anything to do with the attraction since they don't really need to add anything. Maybe another restaurant or store?

Also Saw was announced as a maze for HHN Hollywood.

Wait, huh? I missed the Shrek news...*checks*....oh, Hollywood. Orlando's needs to go, especially with Despicable Me being better at doing the same thing and Shrek being hilariously outdated to the first movie.

Wouldn't want Panda though, How to Train Your Dragon would be my pick.

zeemumu

Is it Twilight Zone?

Nah, but that would have been cool. It's Guardians-themed

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/...guardians-galaxy-mission-breakout-disneyland/

“Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark” will take place several moments after the usual ride experience, once the Guardians have successfully escaped The Collector’s Fortress. After leaving, our heroes realize they have accidentally left Baby Groot behind in the futuristic museum.

Goldrusher

More Six Flags announcements!

Six Flags over Georgia
Twisted Cyclone

RMC conversion of the Georgia Cyclone

- 96 ft / 29 m
- 2340 ft / 713 m
- 75° drop
- 3 inversions

https://www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia/attractions/newfor2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mgiXtEi3VU

newsEngin.19614258_SFOG_TwistedCyclone01_Overall-Scope.jpg

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster

World's first Skyline Skywarp.

https://www.sixflags.com/discoverykingdom/attractions/newfor2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrydFtUdeyw

sfdk_harleyquinncrazycoaster02_figure_eight.jpg

Six Flags Great Adventure / Six Flags over Texas
Cyborg Cyber Spin / Harley Quinn Spinsanity

ABC Tourbillon

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/attractions/newfor2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVIIKXt-Pyc

sfgd_cb_01_600x300.jpg

Six Flags Mexico
Wonder Woman Coaster

S&S Free Spin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGtNb5pux7U

j2dUShr.jpg

Six Flags Magic Mountain / Six Flags New England
CraZanity / Harley Quinn Spinsanity

Zamperla Giant Discovery

https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/attractions/newfor2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJlTM16YsEA

magicmountain_image1.jpg

All parks:

SOME-MIST

pumped for the new six flags great america coaster. I live 30 minutes from the park and admittedly it hasn't been that exciting lately other than the goliath.

Gartooth

I just finished a Disney World trip so I could see Pandora. The weather the last two days has been great, and aside from World Showcase during the Food and Wine Festival, the parks had tolerable crowds. I did Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios on Friday, with Magic Kingdom and Epcot on Saturday. I'm surprised how much I got done, since aside from World Showcase I feel I had enough time everywhere.

In regards to Pandora, the land is absolutely incredible looking. The bioluminescence isn't really worth visiting late, since aside from the land's centerpiece it isn't that impressive looking. I rode Flight of Passage twice and it is flat out one of the best rides in Florida. I enjoyed it more my first time when seated near the center with a better viewing angle. The Navi River Journey was also a good attraction and much more fun to be on than the PoVs suggest. Also the food options in Pandora are the best in Animal Kingdom for sure. Aside from World Showcase it was my favorite food from the whole trip.

I think my only complaint about Pandora is that the land isn't that immersive after the initial shock of seeing the floating mountains wears off. One of my favorite things about WWoHP is that once I'm in the land I feel closed off from the rest of the world and part of the HP movies. I didn't get that impression from Pandora while wandering around. Overall it was still well worth going there to experience!

aparisi2274

I think my only complaint about Pandora is that the land isn't that immersive after the initial shock of seeing the floating mountains wears off. One of my favorite things about WWoHP is that once I'm in the land I feel closed off from the rest of the world and part of the HP movies. I didn't get that impression from Pandora while wandering around. Overall it was still well worth going there to experience!

That was my concern as well (I Have yet to visit, hopefully in Oct), that even when you are in Pandora you're still going to feel as if you are in AK, whereas when I am in Diagon Alley or even Hogsmeade, I feel like I am in both of those locations, completely cut off from the rest of the IOA or UO.

zeemumu

That was my concern as well (I Have yet to visit, hopefully in Oct), that even when you are in Pandora you're still going to feel as if you are in AK, whereas when I am in Diagon Alley or even Hogsmeade, I feel like I am in both of those locations, completely cut off from the rest of the IOA or UO.

I hope Star Wars Land doesn't have that issue.

So, had a fantastic set of nights so far at Universal and Disney. Halloween Horror Nights is an incredible experience and I truly wanna go yearly now if the right IPs are involved.

Also, stuff like Seven Dwarfs and Skull Island are way better in person, didn't hate them nearly as much as I thought.

Also I got engaged ON Tower Of Terror. A+ stuff.

zeemumu

So, had a fantastic set of nights so far at Universal and Disney. Halloween Horror Nights is an incredible experience and I truly wanna go yearly now if the right IPs are involved.

Also, stuff like Seven Dwarfs and Skull Island are way better in person, didn't hate them nearly as much as I thought.

Congratulations!

JonnyKong

Oh you jammy swine, getting engaged in a theme park is my dream place to do it.

Did it happen whilst you were in the lift, during the actual ride?

Oh you jammy swine, getting engaged in a theme park is my dream place to do it.

Did it happen whilst you were in the lift, during the actual ride?

I pulled out the ring after you go into the drop shaft, she saw it when we first opened the doors. Worth the extra wait to do it right.

Im so envious right now. Congrats!

So my GF and I were down at Disney from 9/2 - 9/12.

We were supposed to leave on the 9th, but couldn't get an earlier flight and were stuck riding the storm out at the Poly.

Have to say the Poly rooms that were recently updated, are EASILY showing their AGE already.

The Raratonga longhouse was drab, lots of awful paint touch up jobs. and burnt out light bulbs.

Our first room we had to be moved since the room took in water from the sliding glass door during your average Floridian thunderstorm, so during a hurricane I wouldn't want to think about it.

Second room had a bevy of issues, bad paint touch ups with paint that didn't match. Askew light fixtures, hardware that was missing or not properly affixed. First day we took a shower in that room the handle for the water temp came right off the wall.

We spent the first night of our trip in a Pop Century refurb room, and for $100 it BLEW AWAY the room quality of what the Poly offers at nearly $500 at rack rate (Which we didn't pay but still).

aparisi2274

Did you buy the photo that they take?

Goldrusher

D-Pad

Wait what happened there?

Referring to Goldrusher's Six Flags announcements post above. It's sad, because the Georgia Cyclone rode beautifully after the recent re-track job. And why loops? Why does every coaster have to invert now? Just, ugh. They couldn't even give it the same color scheme.

JonnyKong

Referring to Goldrusher's Six Flags announcements post above. It's sad, because the Georgia Cyclone rode beautifully after the recent re-track job. And why loops? Why does every coaster have to invert now? Just, ugh. They couldn't even give it the same color scheme.

I don't think the new woody at Alton Towers will have any inverts so at least there's that.

Monsters After Dark is so so fun. I love that it's basically a sequel to Mission Breakout. It is kind of weird that it's literally only available after 5pm but now I see that they want to give people a chance to ride the original. Everything from the different pre-show, the music, and how the cast members change to beaten up and tattered clothing (that even look like there's blood on them). It adds a lot to the storytelling. The music was definitely the best part and elevated the hype in every group I rode with and it has the best drop profile I've ever ridden I think. Seriously A+. They need to continue this beyond the Halloween season.

zeemumu

Monsters After Dark is so so fun. I love that it's basically a sequel to Mission Breakout. It is kind of weird that it's literally only available after 5pm but now I see that they want to give people a chance to ride the original. Everything from the different pre-show, the music, and how the cast members change to beaten up and tattered clothing (that even look like there's blood on them). It adds a lot to the storytelling. The music was definitely the best part and elevated the hype in every group I rode with and it has the best drop profile I've ever ridden I think. Seriously A+. They need to continue this beyond the Halloween season.

Glad to hear it was good. Haven't gotten the chance to do a lot of the Halloween attractions besides look at the decorations because the park's been busy on my available days due to the Halloween Party.

netguy503

That's very cool that they are leaving the original ride untouched until 5pm for folks who haven't ridden it yet since it's so new. Especially if the new version feels like a sequel to the first ride.

Oof. Is this the first time a B&M ride's been scrapped?

Hulk at IOA was the first.

The life cycles of B&Ms at places in Orlando and Tampa is short if the park doesn't want to go for major overhauls and upkeep. It's a miracle that SeaWorld keeps Kraken running, and the same for Montu and Kumba at Bush Gardens Tampa.

aparisi2274

This goes out to anyone who has been to Animal Kingdom in the last month or so....

Do you know if the Flight of Passage ride has a single rider line, and if so how is the wait compared to the standby line? I’m going to be down in the Orlando area for work next week and was thinking of stopping by AK. With standby lines averaging 3hrs, I was hoping to shave time off by hopping in the single rider line.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

This goes out to anyone who has been to Animal Kingdom in the last month or so....

Do you know if the Flight of Passage ride has a single rider line, and if so how is the wait compared to the standby line? I’m going to be down in the Orlando area for work next week and was thinking of stopping by AK. With standby lines averaging 3hrs, I was hoping to shave time off by hopping in the single rider line.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

There is a single rider line, but they are not using it, and rumors are they may never use it.

Though sometimes CMs do go through the line asking for single riders and they'll pull you to the merge point right before you get to the preshow room.

aparisi2274

There is a single rider line, but they are not using it, and rumors are they may never use it.

Though sometimes CMs do go through the line asking for single riders and they'll pull you to the merge point right before you get to the preshow room.

Hmmm.... I guess I’ll scope it out and ask a CM if there is a single rider line when I get there... just feign ignorance on my part. If they say No, then maybe I’ll wait it out in Standby.

Hmmm.... I guess I’ll scope it out and ask a CM if there is a single rider line when I get there... just feign ignorance on my part. If they say No, then maybe I’ll wait it out in Standby.

The castmember literally stands blocking the entrance to get in the single rider line. Also the time estimate for single rider is covered blocked out.

The castmember literally stands blocking the entrance to get in the single rider line. Also the time estimate for single rider is covered blocked out.

Once the hype and crowds die down for it, they will most likely use it. They just don't want everyone crowding the single rider at this point trying to think they're beating the line.

The preshow is horrendously long. The only downside of the ride right now.

Top Bottom