• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bicycle age

So, I finally finished my purchases. Bike pump, saddle bag, tools, spare tube. I'm good. One question, how do you guys handle your lock situation? I got an on guard lock, comes with a bracket to attach it to the bike.

Buuuuut I think I'm just going to toss it into my back pack when I feel I need it. What do you guys do?

I have an u lock and a small cable lock for the front wheel, for the times when I leave the bike somewhere. I keep them in the backpack.

I also just ordered a Hiplok ziptie for use during cafe stops. Should fit in a jersey pocket.

Finish was even more exciting on the Men's world championship road race with the screwed up motorbike cameras!

Sagan does it again!

kottila

Finish was even more exciting on the Men's world championship road race with the screwed up motorbike cameras!

Sagan does it again!

Waiting for the unknowm is much more exciting than seeing everything. Absolutetly gutted now. The perfect day up untill the last 50meters

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Cycling GAF, I challenged Cycling gods by riding my puny foldable bicycle through a mud and rock trail and this was the result:

bMa6L2Z.jpg

What can I do to be forgiven, pals?

Seriously. Is it dangerous to keep riding it until I can get a spare!?

I guess if you lost the remnants of that spring then the force could cause the central core to snap. I think I'd just duct tape it to stop it falling out, then replace ASAP.

Rbk_3

I started cycling again in July, and after doing 1500km, I started to experience a dull aching pain above my perineum area at the beginning of August. I would rest it a few days and it would start to feel better but I would cycle again and the pain would return.

Sitting on my bike doesn't cause any pain, I have had my saddle fitted properly and pressure mapping indicates little to no pressure in the soft tissue areas. It's after the fact the pain starts to ramp up and intensifies during the night before starting to taper off over the next week

It has now been 3.5 weeks since I biked and I still have pain. Putting pressure on it with my finger does not cause any excess pain, however if I sit in a chair or car for long periods the pain will increase a little but there is no immediate pain. Really sucks for my job as it is 90% sitting.

I am thinking I have Pudendal Neuralgia :(
My biking days may be over.

Rbk_3

Just go see a doctor. Only way you will know for sure.

I have. It was a sports physio that suggested that's what it could be based on my symptoms.
I went to the doctor who had an ultrasound to rule out a hernia and am waiting to be referred to a sports doctor.
Thing with PN, it is hard to diagnosis and have to rule everything else out first.

Worst part I just had bought just a power meter, and previously the Wahoo Bolt , new wheels, new $350 shoes and upgraded my Emonda to Ultegra.
Used the power meter once.

Would using a recumbent help?

Probably, but I would try a noseless saddle before I would try that.

Are you using ones with cut outs? There’s a selle brand that has a lot of ergo options, I think they’re Selle SMP. I also know Adamo(?) are a popular no nose brand.

I normally ride two days during the week, but have opted to just take them off and do nothing in prep of a possible MTB road trip. It's been kind of nice to not feel rushed and just relax for some mornings.

Ripenen

Anyone have experience with a 1UP bike rack? Are they much better than the comparable Thule or Kuat racks? Looking for one I can install on a 2-inch hitch, and that secures the bike by the tires rather than the frame. Something with security features would be cool though probably not necessary because I'd still be too paranoid to let my bike out of my sight.

Addnan

How do you guys climb on mountain bikes man. Was in Austria and we took some to near Gmunden somewhere I think and damn I ended up walking a fair bit. Have never done it, so was quite something. I kept fearing I am about to lose traction. Riding on road near the Almsee lake now that was to fucking die for. Holy shit it's so beautiful and the roads are so smooth, almost like they have never been driven on.
Why do I live in this horrid city and not somewhere so perfect.

CvGz

Neo Member
Rode for the first time in a year and half. Legs wanted to spin, lungs weren't in the same page. Sit bones are a little sore. Felt book to be back on two wheels!

It’s funny because one of the guys in my roadie club just recently posted a picture of his cracked carbon rim that he only had for 3 months.

Carbon roadie wheels are built to be stupid light, MTB wheels to be stupid strong.

You don't really get any sort of weight advantage on carbon MTB wheels (my aluminium wheelset is lighter than almost all of them). However, I'd put my money on the carbon wheels taking a shitload more punishment.

Mascot

Carbon roadie wheels are built to be stupid light, MTB wheels to be stupid strong.

You don't really get any sort of weight advantage on carbon MTB wheels (my aluminium wheelset is lighter than almost all of them). However, I'd put my money on the carbon wheels taking a shitload more punishment.
My Hope DH's have never needed truing, and l bash over some big bits of planet.

You don't really ride particularly rocky trails with big drops. That's where I'd expect carbon wheels to really come into their own.

But yeah, some of the heavier aluminium wheelsets are pretty bombproof too.

I'm not saying I do the nastier stuff, sensitive boy. No-one was calling your skills into question.

But the fact is, Cwm Carn is nothing terrain compared to some of the nastier stuff in the Lake District / Scotland or something like Antur Stiniog.

Either of you gents have a recommendation for a tire that works well in looser dirt, sand but doesn't feel like a brick when riding? My bike came with Schwalbe knobby nics but I hated how sluggish they felt, like every pedal stroke kind of feeling from them. I have Maxxis Ikon's which were ok when the ground was more balanced from cold weather frost but they do not grip very well in anything loose or hard packed.

Gray Matter

Late post, but I had a great ride Saturday. Climbed to the summit of MT. Greylock, the highest point in Massachusetts, 3,491 feet above sea level, that was an awesome climb, 5.5 miles long from the bottom of the mountain to the top.

-SG

Anyone have any good tips on how to Manual? I've been riding my hardtail 29er around a lot more lately and am trying to get some basic techniques down. I can get the front wheel off the ground but not very high. I keep feeling like I'm going to tip over.

Top Bottom