• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

D i Z

And women are putting in the work.

Some of the costume design is just crazy.

That is why i hate prequels, the tech always so much more amazing then in the future versions.

They putting Enterprise D to shame

No, i mean that they pay walled it. I want to watch it past the first episode, but I'm not buying into their bullshit when I already have cable and Netflix.

Slayven

joyjosix.png

Faustek

Morning kin.

Shy Discovery is awesome so far, they put some money into it.

That the new Star Trek?

Also what? Prequel? Didn't they solve that in season 3 if Star Trek TNG when the time misplaced Enterprise ship got sent back into their own timeline so that they could die defending that Klingon Outpost on Neruda(think it was called) and the Klingons respected their Sacrifice. Ergo no war but an alliance?
Pretty sure it was something like that. Remember Whoopis being all up in herself because the tl was out of place.

No, i mean that they pay walled it. I want to watch it past the first episode, but I'm not buying into their bullshit when I already have cable and Netflix.

This is one of the few times I'm glad I'm in the Nordic region. Our Netflix will get it.

Hey BCT question for you guys. What do you use to prevent ingrown hair/ bumps on your face after a few days from a shave?

Beard softener, straight razor and cocoa butter.

D i Z

Morning kin.

That the new Star Trek?

Also what? Prequel? Didn't they solve that in season 3 if Star Trek TNG when the time misplaced Enterprise ship got sent back into their own timeline so that they could die defending that Klingon Outpost on Neruda(think it was called) and the Klingons respected their Sacrifice. Ergo no war but an alliance?
Pretty sure it was something like that. Remember Whoopis being all up in herself because the tl was out of place.

I've got nothing good to say about Megyn Kelly. I'm going to abstain from cussing up a storm, and just go about my evening like a mission oriented gentleman all about reclaiming his respect and honor on the virtual field of battle and poetry.

This is one of the few times I'm glad I'm in the Nordic region. Our Netflix will get it.

Beard softener, straight razor and cocoa butter.

I'll just watch it at Numbs joint since he's vacated space and time for a while. Eat that dudes nuggets and poor the rest out in the bottom of the freezer. And cough on em.

D i Z

Huh. Just had an edit vanish with the wind. I have no idea where it went.

Anyway, I missed the Sparks game 1 of the finals. Kind of bummed that I did that.

Shy

If it comes to that I'm siding with Shy.
bXrPgIb.jpg

Shy Discovery is awesome so far, they put some money into it.
I watched both of the episodes earlier. And while i don't hate it, i don't know if i like it either.

I'm gonna have to watch more episode and have a think about it.
And women are putting in the work.

Some of the costume design is just crazy.

That is why i hate prequels, the tech always so much more amazing then in the future versions.

They putting Enterprise D to shame
Yeah. I liked the costumes also.
Although, i have to say thought while i love the art direction of the Klingons. I hate the fact they chose such a radically different look. And should have just made them a new race. or at the very least the Hurk. (the race that invaded the original Klingon homeworld, and from whom the Klingons got warp technology from after the drove them off their planet)

And for the tech stuff, i completely agree. I think the show should have just been set 16 years after Voyager ended. (which how long it's been since the show ended IRL)
Morning kin.
Morning.
That the new Star Trek?

You remember correctly. But Discovery takes place ten years before Kirk takes command of the Enterprise.

That's my beef with nu Trek in general

How shit from the 22nd Century look better than stuff made 200 years later?

The streets been needed the post Voyager Trek series , so much lore being unused

My issue with Discovery is that it's yet another Sci Fi war story with dark interiors and gruff, hard nosed protagonists.

Where's the sense of adventure and, gasp, discovery?

Shy

My issue with Discovery is that it's yet another Sci Fi war story with dark interiors and gruff, hard nosed protagonists.

Where's the sense of adventure and, gasp, discovery?
ekmiGv1.gif

I blame the NuTrek movies for that.

I'm not optimistic, the season is going to be about the start of the Klingon war.

But you never know. we might get a few crumbs here and there.

Johndoey

Banned
http://time.com/4955416/mount-agung-volcano-bali-eruption/?xid=homepage
mobile-banner
TOPSHOT-INDONESIA-BALI-VOLCANO
People look at Mount Agung in Karangasem on the Indonesian resort island of Bali on September 24, 2017. Authorities have raised alert levels for a volcano on the Indonesian resort island of Bali after hundreds of small tremors stoked fears it could erupt for the first time in more than 50 years. SONNY TUMBELAKA—AFP/Getty Images
INDONESIA
Nearly 50,000 Evacuated as Fears of Volcanic Eruption Grow in Bali
Firdia Lisnawati / AP
4:02 AM ET
(BALI, Indonesia) — Nearly 50,000 people have fled the Mount Agung volcano on the Indonesian tourist island of Bali, fearing an imminent eruption as dozens of tremors rattle the surrounding region, officials said Monday.
Waskita Sutadewa, spokesman for the disaster mitigation agency in Bali, said people have scattered to all corners of the island and some have crossed to the neighboring island of Lombok.
Thousands of evacuees are living in temporary shelters, sports centers, village halls and with relatives or friends. Some return to the danger zone, which extends up to 12 kilometers from the crater, during the day to tend to livestock.

First Derek now Numb. Tekken GAF GETTING depleted.

Seems like what they had in common was quoting a response in one of those topics where someone is/does something g racist, and it's a pile-on. Quoting without actually typing more than a period.

Sch1sm

First Derek now Numb. Tekken GAF GETTING depleted.

Seems like what they had in common was quoting a response in one of those topics where someone is/does something g racist, and it's a pile-on. Quoting without actually typing more than a period.

Numb requested his ban. He’ll be back whenever he feels like being back.

Well....MVCI is selling at 12th place in it's debut in the UK. Yeah, I'm thinking this is the last we will see of MVC.

I dunno. Did Ultimate MvC 3 do better than this one? ‘Cause if it did, they’re still gonna find a way. 😭

—

Morning, BCT.

Numb requested his ban. He’ll be back whenever he feels like being back.

I dunno. Did Ultimate MvC 3 do better than this one? ‘Cause if it did, they’re still gonna find a way. 😭

—

Morning, BCT.

I don't know, Sch1sm. Capcom been taking too many hits on the chin lately and they really need a win in their corner and MVCI is really not looking like that win. Basically what I'm saying is, they better hope that this as well as Monster Hunter World does well or Capcom might not be in a good financial position to really do anything.

Slayven

bXrPgIb.jpg

I watched both of the episodes earlier. And while i don't hate it, i don't know if i like it either.

I'm gonna have to watch more episode and have a think about it.

Yeah. I liked the costumes also.
Although, i have to say thought while i love the art direction of the Klingons. I hate the fact they chose such a radically different look. And should have just made them a new race. or at the very least the Hurk. (the race that invaded the original Klingon homeworld, and from whom the Klingons got warp technology from after the drove them off their planet)

And for the tech stuff, i completely agree. I think the show should have just been set 16 years after Voyager ended. (which how long it's been since the show ended IRL)

Morning.

You remember correctly. But Discovery takes place ten years before Kirk takes command of the Enterprise.

That's my beef with nu Trek in general

How shit from the 22nd Century look better than stuff made 200 years later?

The streets been needed the post Voyager Trek series , so much lore being unused
At least there isn't any lens flare, fuck you Abrams. There is a reason navy ship bridges don't look like over lit apple stores
Yo this fucking goes hard

Also rip Numb, I hate it had to be you

Come join Kpop gaf

Skittles

They'll be fine because of Monster Hunter. What really hurt the game was its non-existent ad campaign. And x-men to an extent, but I don't expect us to get those even as DLC at this point due to Marvel fuckery

Only thing of value I've gotten from following MVC:I is an interest in shipping Morrigan and Ghost Rider.

I find it real hard to believe the people who worked on that game couldn't tell how stilted the dialogue in story mode was

D i Z

Mornin' all.

What's the name of that Roach song Rod plays on the podcast?

Random thought: I wonder if the White House tours have been seeing decreased numbers yet.

Edit: Oh look. Woke up to a new travel ban.

Really considering moving to Canada in the next 2-3 years hopefully. I'm already doing my own research as to what cities/provinces will be good spots to settle in regards to my career but I did want to find out from any Canadian BCT-Gaffers which cities they love.

cdyhybrid

hlBpmZn.png

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/09/25/john-wall-bradley-beal-trump-comments

During the Wizards media day on Monday, Wall and Beal were asked about the topic

"That's not a leader. To come out and disrespect a whole sport that everyone in the world loves," Beal said. "You have guys that won a championship and they have the freedom to decide whether or not they want to go and when one man decides not to go....to me you're a clown. That's unacceptable. Your job is to bring everybody together.'

"I voiced my opinion just like everybody else. If we can't exercise our right to freedom of speech, what are the amendments for?"

Wall added, "I don't respect him."

NBA best league.

Zekes!

Really considering moving to Canada in the next 2-3 years hopefully. I'm already doing my own research as to what cities/provinces will be good spots to settle in regards to my career but I did want to find out from any Canadian BCT-Gaffers which cities they love.

What kind of work do you do?

Sch1sm

We all have our biases when it comes to living here. I'm Toronto through and through, despite how expensive it's getting to be. There's some important stuff to consider, though.

What do you think your budget would look like?
Do you want to be close to the border?
How much do you hate the cold?
What's your opinion on bagged milk?
Do you speak French?
If you do speak French, are you overtly religious? Quebec is weird about that.
What amenities are necessary for you? (e.g. Do you like watching sports live? Which sports, if so?)
Do you want to be able to buy a detached house in the future for <1.2m, or are you good with renting for the rest of your life, or buying into a condo and paying maintenance forever?

Plus Zekes' question:
What kind of work do you do?

andthebeatgoeson

School wifi is down, idk what to do in class now... No, paying attention is not an option &#128579;
Lion, is that you? Wait, which one of y'all going to school but ain't doing any work?

Can't tell me nothing when i was supposed to be studying for finals but played 4 player golden eye with split screen.

But I'm older now.

Back to steam world dig 2. Instead of sleep.

Yeah, i was about 2 seconds from being hypocritical. Nvm

Top Bottom