• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Max^Samp

New thread time! I'm going to start building the Parisian Restaraunt in celebration...

...I was going to anyway I didn't need an excuse.

That's an awesome set. My First and last modular to date. The ground floor is unbelievable :)

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Back from Batman and home with Clayface Splat Attack! Pictures dont do the set justice, can honestly say I had lots of fun building him, and prolly just as much fun playing afterwards. Definitely the best set in the theme/wave.

RdOyRrl.jpg

Probably to capitalize on Batman hype. Also I think it's kosher for new threads to hang out for a bit to get views.
Yup. Usually get a tad bit of time before being sent to Community. And stuff in the old OT was a bit out of date.

Edit: and with that, banished to community with a quickness. Much quicker than last time it seems.

BahamutPT

Woo new OT!

I wasn't going to, but I caved in and bought the Balloon Escape.
Sucks I have to wait 1 1/2 week until the movie is released here.

Don't know how I got that sticker perfectly placed on first try.

Yup. Usually get a tad bit of time before being sent to Community. And stuff in the old OT was a bit out of date.

Edit: and with that, banished to community with a quickness. Much quicker than last time it seems.

Ahhhhh, I though that each thread stays in the active foruns for a fixed period of time before moving it to Community. That would be useful to lure inocent bypassengers to Lego adiction.

Subbed. OT5 was my first foray into the Lego OT. I've invested more into Lego since then.
I'm eagerly awaiting UCS Snowspeeder and Millennium Falcon!

wetwired

So I'm going to try my hand at lenticular mosiac, I've ordered the parts and now I have to hope and wait I figured it all out correctly as parts weren't cheap to pull it off. It's gonna 4x4 32x32 baseplates, so 128x128 studs/16 baseplates

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
So I'm going to try my hand at lenticular mosiac, I've ordered the parts and now I have to hope and wait I figured it all out correctly as parts weren't cheap to pull it off. It's gonna 4x4 32x32 baseplates, so 128x128 studs/16 baseplates

That's a lot of cheese wedges. How many sellers do you have to buy from?

Osahi

LEGO Batman Movie Tears of Batman/Disco Batman Polybag is up in the UK, looks like a £50 spend.

Yes, was waiting for this to finally place my Arctic Roller set + 5 Batman CMF's.

Now let's hope I don't get too much doubles (I'd rather have none)

Hmmm, I could order Moana from S@H along with some parts, but I would need another set to reach the Batman promo. And then it feels like I'm paying more for some set I was going to wait on. So I think I'll just order the parts, get Moana locally (if I'm paying retail for that anyway) and keep waiting to get others.

mclem

I'm making Maze at the moment, and wondering if anyone's produced a parts list detailing those parts that are reused between the two maze designs - i.e. if I were to purchase those parts, I'd be able to have both designs made simultaneously?

_Rob_

I've been umming and ahhing about claiming some lost childhood with the "Adventurers" sets for a few months now. I'd spend hours fawning over the Egyptian themed sets specifically as a kid, and today these two came up on an amazing deal!

OWJsdZx.jpg

SnqmwMK.jpg

However I feel like this may be a rather expensive and slippery slope (especially as this line ran for a long time)!

Osahi

Just noticed the Lego Ideas Blog had an update friday explaining the results are a bit late. They mention circumstances outside of their control, so I asume the wining set has a license they had to procure.

They also say they have 'good news', so maybe there are multiple sets that got approved this time?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
If I know the next competition is going to be the Robo-Explorer can I start now? :p I have ideas but I want to get testing, but it feels a bit like cheating...

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Nice new thread. Good Job Bone!

Ponn

Banned
Just noticed the Lego Ideas Blog had an update friday explaining the results are a bit late. They mention circumstances outside of their control, so I asume the wining set has a license they had to procure.

They also say they have 'good news', so maybe there are multiple sets that got approved this time?

Oh interesting, hope for Iron Giant.

Isn't it kinda strange PoTC is only getting one set? I mean I guess Simpsons only got one big set at a time but PoTC was a theme before. Maybe it didn't do well as a theme but they think a ship will sell well enough.

I got a couple of the LEGO Batman minifig bags and I'm pretty concerned that this is only the beginning, especially with the movie out Friday.

So you've come back to MPQ and now you're on the LEGO train? Your wallet is gonna cry.

This was really interesting - thanks for posting it.

Time to get myself the Batmobile!

Yep, same here. Trying to plan my Friday purchases to get two of the Batman polys.

On that note, apparently Walmart in the US has the 30523 Joker Battle Training on shelves.

I haven't seen it in Canada yet.

Osahi

Oh interesting, hope for Iron Giant.

Isn't it kinda strange PoTC is only getting one set? I mean I guess Simpsons only got one big set at a time but PoTC was a theme before. Maybe it didn't do well as a theme but they think a ship will sell well enough.

I think Iron Giant is in the next, next approval period, so it will sadly only be decided in a few months (around may/june I think?). I'm placing my bets on Voltron actually.

Time to get myself the Batmobile!

That's what I went with too! Considered the double-pack with the Lowrider since it'd make that second vehicle £45 but in the end I passed, just wanted to spend as little over the limit as I could because I'm being cheap, reckon I'll get the Lowrider cheaper in the future with a bit of luck.

It's already shipped, super-fast service from LEGO!

Top Bottom