• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

boltz

Ok guys, want to get your thoughts on my Ebay situation. I got a used Republic fighter tank (the old one, 7679) for a decent price ($38) and it had all the parts except for the two flick-fire missile pods. I've messaged the seller about it and haven't heard back after three days, so I'm considering two things - doing a return or buying the missing parts ($3 + $3 shipping from Bricks and Pieces). If I buy the parts, the total would still be cheaper than the other listings I've seen, but then I feel like the seller would be getting off easy for something that is his fault.

Haines

Banned

Haines

Banned
It’s a TIE Fighter, and is cooler than the Falcon. Yeah, I went there. But I am biased towards Imperial ships anyways. Especially the angular ones like the TIE.

I love it as well.

But gotta keep the wifey happy.

If it drops any lower than 180 CAN I'll probably snag it.

But for now I must accept this as defeat and keep the wifey happy.

I love it as well.

But gotta keep the wifey happy.

If it drops any lower than 180 CAN I'll probably snag it.

But for now I must accept this as defeat and keep the wifey happy.

I find her lack of faith disturbing...

...yet completely understand. My wife, thankfully, is understanding. As long as it is my own personal money and it doesn't overtake everything in the home (it is close, but I have been good), she doesn't care since it is a stress relief/creative outlet for me.

But seriously, the TIE looks amazing once done. Slave 1 got all the glory because of Fett (and technically, the better build), but the TIE has my heart for looking so much cooler than most sets once it is done. I am just a sucker for that design.

Now to patiently wait for a new UCS Star Destroyer.

ghostmind

When is the next cool promo item? I want to order OFS now but I'd rather get a cool extra with it.

fpLQO53.png

October 10th to 25th with $125 purchase.

Oooh, that's a good promo. If those are prints and not stickers (probably stickers), that will up the value for me.

Probably pick up the oldest modular that I don't have to get that promo.

teeny

Hey - does anyone know what this set number is? It appears to be truncated by the sticker!

Also, does anyone know if the £25 asking price is good for this set? I like the older space themes so am thinking about going back to the shop and picking it up when it opens.

Hey - does anyone know what this set number is? It appears to be truncated by the sticker!

Also, does anyone know if the £25 asking price is good for this set? I like the older space themes so am thinking about going back to the shop and picking it up when it opens.

Set number is 6969.
The price also seems fair if you compare with bricklink.

It's set number 6969, Celestial Stinger. Some quick googling suggest that £25 is a fair price, but I'm not that good with valuations so I dunno.

Osahi

I echo this sentiment (although I'm still erring toward getting the Fishing Store first).

I already have OFS. It's great! (Though the build is very straightforward) Bought it day one. Ninjago is to expensive to not get at at least double VIP though.

Jimrpg

Closed my eyes and purchased the Parisian Restaurant at 15% off. Was waiting for a sale, and got an extra 5% off than usual.

I've bought WAY too much Lego this year (for me and the kiddies).

For the Lego Modular Buildings I also have - Palace Cinema, Assembly Square.

Detective's Office is next - but I'll save it for next year.

The only things I want to get now is the Lego Friends Hospital and maybe another box of Lego Classic (the big 900 piece one).

teeny

So, due to some surprise extra money I've come into recently, I was able to pick up The Palace Cinema, as it's being discontinued soon.

I might have enough for one more big set. Out of the following, what do people recommend most?

Detective's Office
Assembly Square
Old Fishing Store
Ninjago City

I'm leaning towards OFS but people have said the build is basic. Also, does it fit in with the modulars in the same way Ninjago City can with some modification?

I might, however, plump for the Ninjago City during the next extra points event as it's the most expensive of the four and I probably won't get another chance to get it in the future.

How long are the DO and AS expected to remain in production for? Were the rumours at the beginning of the year regarding AS being the end of the modular line correct?

Just_one

So, due to some surprise extra money I've come into recently, I was able to pick up The Palace Cinema, as it's being discontinued soon.

I might have enough for one more big set. Out of the following, what do people recommend most?

Detective's Office
Assembly Square
Old Fishing Store
Ninjago City

I'm leaning towards OFS but people have said the build is basic. Also, does it fit in with the modulars in the same way Ninjago City can with some modification?

I might, however, plump for the Ninjago City during the next extra points event as it's the most expensive of the four and I probably won't get another chance to get it in the future.

How long are the DO and AS expected to remain in production for? Were the rumours at the beginning of the year regarding AS being the end of the modular line correct?

As a big modular fan , if you have the money go for the Assembly Square.

Best modular till date.

Ninjago City is gorgeous but i dont think it would fit well with the others modulars.

Also if you dont have the parisian restaurant , then buy it alongside detective´s office.

yes it will be a bit more expensive than assembly square but u will get 2 amazing modulars.

on other news... is the oct10-oct25 double VIP points happenning also in Europe?

teeny

As a big modular fan , if you have the money go for the Assembly Square.

Best modular till date.

Ninjago City is gorgeous but i dont think it would fit well with the others modulars.

Also if you dont have the parisian restaurant , then buy it alongside detective´s office.

yes it will be a bit more expensive than assembly square but u will get 2 amazing modulars.

on other news... is the oct10-oct25 double VIP points happenning also in Europe?

Hmm, they're all tempting! I already have the Parisian Resaurant, Brick Bank and Palace Cinema. Assembly Square does look good but it is also the newest. It's also within my normal budget so I can easily pick it up next year sometime. I'm going to think about it some more - I have some time to deliberate before the funds are available.

I hope that double points are available in October. That promo posted above is very cool.

Bumping for new page.
LEGO GAF Custom Model Contest 8: As Cheap as BronsonLee.

Cost of entry this time: $5. The cheapest MOC contest yet, but also with the most restrictions. Restrictions breed creativity. Get cracking, people!

EDIT: And a MOD deleted the BronsonLee dig. Oh, well. For a fleeting moment, it got more eyes than normal. Worth it.

Detective's Office
Assembly Square
Old Fishing Store
Ninjago City

Detective Office is a few years old now so could disappear soon. I would get that first.

DonShula

I saw that. I didnt know if out of stock meant just for now or forevor on there.

It's been out of stock since it was 20% off on Force Friday. In the newest paper catalog it has a "Last Chance!" tag. I don't think it's gone forever but I think it's getting pretty close. I wouldn't expect to find it in 2018.

Oh shit I forgot about double VIP points maybe I will grab Detective's Office next month then. Then all I have left to get are Assembly Square and Brick Bank.

DonShula

Toys R Us is having a sale on their Lego exclusives. This is a chance for the US to get Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive (75191) on sale for $79.99.

Still not a great value IMO, but such is the nature of TRU exclusives.

teeny

What the hell, I hope not. Would be super lame if they ended the line as soon as I started getting them.

See below...

Bumping for new page.

Detective Office is a few years old now so could disappear soon. I would get that first.

Yeah, that's also a very good point!

Will hopefully be in for the competition this time round. The thread that... "inspired" it was infuriating to read.

No, the modular line is continuing.

Okay, thanks, good! I remember being quite worried about it when reading those rumours at the time because the line is my favourite and I missed out on some of the older sets - I wanted my street to be filled out!

Went back for that Celestial Stinger at lunch and it was already gone. Oh well, such is life.

Haines

Banned
It's been out of stock since it was 20% off on Force Friday. In the newest paper catalog it has a "Last Chance!" tag. I don't think it's gone forever but I think it's getting pretty close. I wouldn't expect to find it in 2018.

Should have grabbed it on force friday, but this will have to do.

Got the begrudging go ahead. I work a lot of ot, and i convinced her id only need to work an extra shift to pay for it.

Prob going in my closet with the falcon til my boy is old enough.

Woorloog

Banned
What's with the tracking code for an order not getting registered? Got one on Friday morning, still ain't working. Just slow logistics?

Ordered Saturn V for myself a couple of weeks ago.

Mini Modulars 2 when?
The Mini Modular set only had 5 buildings in it, and they're already past that in modular that came out since then (everything from the Pet Shop to the Assembly Square).

I Bricklinked the pieces needed to build a Mini Modular Pet Shop, and I created my own MOC for a "to scale" Mini Town Hall, but I haven't gotten around to ordering pieces for it.

There are also instructions online for all the other buildings that are really good (haven't checked if Assembly Square has one yet, but it probably does).

Haines

Banned
Falcon went from waiting for stock to back ordered in my order status

Thats good right

I also see ucs tie went from oos to backorder on the canadian site

Welp, my house is being heat treated for bed bugs at 150 degrees right now along with my legos. The guy said they'd be fine and wouldnt warp, and hes done hundreds of houses so I guess I can trust him. Now that I think about it trucks that ship lego probably get to 150 in the back on a very hot day. I kept wall-e just to be safe, if theres one set I could save it would be him.

F34R

Falcon went from waiting for stock to back ordered in my order status

Thats good right

I also see ucs tie went from oos to backorder on the canadian site

Saw your post and got a little excited with hope. Nah, mine is still waiting for stock. :(

A friend of mine who didn't get one was just offered his money back! Apparently Lego suggested this since it was gonna be a long time until one was gonna be available ugh.

It's funny now that $160 buildings is "cheap" and "affordable".

Non-LEGO Retail store shelf sets are hitting $139 and up. 2 Star Wars, 1 Ninjago, and 1 LEGO Batman Movie set. $119 used to be the high price point.

Line between UCS and regular sets is getting blurry.

Welp, my house is being heat treated for bed bugs at 150 degrees right now along with my legos. The guy said they'd be fine and wouldnt warp, and hes done hundreds of houses so I guess I can trust him. Now that I think about it trucks that ship lego probably get to 150 in the back on a very hot day. I kept wall-e just to be safe, if theres one set I could save it would be him.

Yourpost was terrifieing for someone who uses the Celsius scale....

But jokes aside, while bricks won’t damaged what about stickers, parts of cloth, etc?

Ok guys, want to get your thoughts on my Ebay situation. I got a used Republic fighter tank (the old one, 7679) for a decent price ($38) and it had all the parts except for the two flick-fire missile pods. I've messaged the seller about it and haven't heard back after three days, so I'm considering two things - doing a return or buying the missing parts ($3 + $3 shipping from Bricks and Pieces). If I buy the parts, the total would still be cheaper than the other listings I've seen, but then I feel like the seller would be getting off easy for something that is his fault.

Any reply from the seller? If he doesn't have them, I'd ask for a partial refund for your bricklink replacement costs.

Top Bottom