• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Quick

Banned
Minnesota just need to make a home version of their aways. Those jerseys are nice.

I agree, though that Stadium Series jersey isn't too bad either.

But the away jersey is basically the easiest thing for them to just make a home jersey out of.

Marvie_3

Banned
I really hope Columbus gets new jerseys soon. Theyre long overdue. Theyve always had shitty ones. Their 3rds were ok but still not good.

Please:
0618-danieldougherty-col2-1.png

lupinko

The Canucks absorbed Millionaires, the new Jets took back the old Jets, so would Columbus get the Cleveland Barons then?

I know Cleveland ain't Columbus but eh.

calder

Is anyone hyped to draft Patrick Nolan? Nolan Patrick?

People have been spoiled by a few drafts with either generational talent like McDavid or clearly elite NHL forwards like Matthews and Eichel. But I think the pendulum has swung too far the other way now - any team would like to have a guy like Patrick who projects as a good #1 center or a dynamic winger like Hischier. I certainly wouldn't turn up my nose if we had some more bullshit luck with the ping pong balls!

Glad Laine won't play, normally you love a young player to get that sort of development in a season without playoffs but he's played a LOT of hockey in the past year.

yeah.. hockey is soo tiring, skating around for 10-15 minutes every other day. give me a break. i work harder in a week than these NHL guys do in a year. pffft. Laine better reverse this dumb decision and get his act together. just a few more 10-15 minute skate sessions won't kill him. GO FINLAND!

Meh, nobody gives a shit about awards a day after they're given out.

Also I need you alert and focused on the here and now - I've started watching Bordertown on Netflix and I may have some questions for you.

First of all, does everyone call this guy Finnish Jake Gyllenhaal? Because they probably should.

RR6wCGU.png

wow, that is uncanny. i'll give you that. my gf has the hots for Gyllenhaal.. hmm, i gotta keep an eye on this guy.

I've heard of character issues with Patrick and he's had injury troubles. Still top ranked by Central Scouting.

If we get the second pick and Patrick is available it might be a tough choice.

Socreges

Banned
I've heard of character issues with Patrick and he's had injury troubles. Still top ranked by Central Scouting.

If we get the second pick and Patrick is available it might be a tough choice.
I want the 2nd pick and for the 1st to be Patrick. That way we're 'stuck' with Hischier.

Could Hischier be a centre? Or is he strictly a winger now?

Who am I kidding, we'll end up getting Mittelstadt at #4 or #5. 😒

PillarEN

Eichel's little outburst is probably going to be the best thing I hear all offseason. I'm really happy for all the Sabres fans for having him there.

Nikolai11

Neo Member
Listening to the Benning/Linden presser...

So many thoughts...

#1. Benning is impossible to take seriously.

Do you have a summary or a link of Benning and Linden?

Did they finally use the word rebuild? I heard the Sedins and Edler on TSN and they seemed aware that the team is a couple years away at least.

If the playoffs started today, Bednar still isn't fired. I've attached 17 graphs to illustrate this point. Am I doing it right?

MDZ is going bye bye.

Hexy told him we are going younger on the back-end.... He only 25.

We are losing Streit for sure and I think Schultz's contract runs out too.

So looks like Morin, Sanheim and Myers are gonna be up

Top Bottom