• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
How the heck do I always end up in the top posters of every OT? I rarely post.

That would require AJ having imagination

His imagination peaked in OT4, like Apple with the iPhone 4.
Removal of aux jack, death to SD cards and removable batteries, locking down of Android. All of my prophecies have come true.

I dream and the world trembles.

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9CL0ovNjc2OTI3L29yaWdpbmFsL3dlaWJvX29uZV9wbHVzXzVfaW1hZ2VzLmpwZw==

if legit, I actually like the way it looks, but the head is just slightly larger than I would've expected.

I don't think the head is large. It looks to be the same body as the OP3 and OP3T just with a different camera sensor and the bezels on the OP3 are small. Of course these might be fake leaks as well. OnePlus has been known to do that before.

Hasney

Black or white phones continue to look the BORING. At least throw a nice colour case know those when you have no choice.

Hasney

Removal of aux jack, death to SD cards and removable batteries, locking down of Android. All of my prophecies have come true.

Weird, the worlds best selling Android phone has a headphone jack and an SD card slot.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Weird, the worlds best selling Android phone has a headphone jack and an SD card slot.
Best selling Android phone is like winning second place in a winner take all.

And here I thought you had good taste. Blue is way better.

But to be honest, as long as the front is black, I'm good. Looks so nice.
Pixel Blue doesn't look as good as that red. Looks so good. Wasn't there a neon green yellow tennis ball color?

Groof

And here I thought you had good taste. Blue is way better.

But to be honest, as long as the front is black, I'm good. Looks so nice.
i don't mention things i haven't experienced first hand. never seen a blue pixel, own a red n5. the red is striking, looks great

i don't mention things i haven't experienced first hand. never seen a blue pixel, own a red n5. the red is striking, looks great

I couldn't agree more. I still love my red Nexus 5 every time I look at it and it's a damn shame that it's unusable due to the battery and old age. My white Galaxy S7 is obviously an upgrade hardware-wise, but the design puts me to sleep every time I look at it. It's even worse that Google and LG screwed up the 5X in every way.

I'm seeing the Nextbit Robin for 179€ on Amazon and I'd love to buy it, but I can't justify it. There's no need for me to own one, but it's just so... pretty.

I really hope Razer lets the team put out a proper successor.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
How the heck do I always end up in the top posters of every OT? I rarely post.

AJ shall bring you rest.

Bboy AJ

I'm seeing the Nextbit Robin for 179€ on Amazon and I'd love to buy it, but I can't justify it. There's no need for me to own one, but it's just so... pretty.

I really hope Razer lets the team put out a proper successor.
I doubt they will. The Nextbit Robin is a gem in a world of same ol. Shame it ended up like this.

I ended up giving mine to a family member and they love it. It's just so much fun to look at.

My mom needs a new phone for 150-160 bucks. She only needs it for WhatsApp, taking photos (point and shoot) and calling, but I don't want that she gets some cheap Chinese spyware phone that breaks after 6 months.

Any recommendations in that price category?

I'm considering the Samsung Galaxy J5, LG K8 (2017), Honor 5C, Xperia XA and ZTE Blade V7.

Out of these, the Honor 5C and Blade V7 seem like the best picks, but I have no experience with them. The LG is only in there, because it has double-tap to wake and my mom likes it on her current Lumia.

e: I just saw the Moto G4 for 149€ on ebay, which I'm also considering now.

They ever fix their horrible customer service?

My mom needs a new phone for 150-160 bucks. She only needs it for WhatsApp, taking photos (point and shoot) and calling, but I don't want that she gets some cheap Chinese spyware phone that breaks after 6 months.

I'm considering the Samsung Galaxy J5, LG K8 (2017), Honor 5C, Xperia XA and ZTE Blade V7.

Out of these, the Honor 5C and Blade V7 seem like the best picks, but I have no experience with them. The LG is only in there, because it has double-tap to wake and my mom likes it on her current Lumia.

Moto has been go to budget manufacturer​ for awhile now, I'd say go with them.

Put up a hastily done I/O thread since I didn't see any from a search. I can't wait to see what they announce since rumors seem kind of sparse compared to last year.

get her a GS8+

LeleSocho

Banned
What is Fuchsia exactly ?

Fuchsia is Google's new still in development OS that is supposedly destined to pretty much any kind of computing device from phones to pcs.
Unlike Android or ChromeOS its kernel is not Linux but a brand new one called Magenta.

Bboy AJ

Nextbit Robin.

asdad123

So I took a Google pixel xl overseas due to project fi, and I am liking it more than my 7plus. I love the camera shortcut.

The one thing I can't deal with is the battery life. I'm struggling to get past 3hrs of SoT. Any suggestions to improve it? I basically have everything off too (Google assistant, location)

Jeffrey

So I took a Google pixel xl overseas due to project fi, and I am liking it more than my 7plus. I love the camera shortcut.

The one thing I can't deal with is the battery life. I'm struggling to get past 3hrs of SoT. Any suggestions to improve it? I basically have everything off too (Google assistant, location)
Weird. Was getting like 4.5 on the pixel small. Is it only during travels or at home as well?

Saiyan-Rox

Who is testing the O beta for the rest of us?

Installing now.

But lol at the changelog on the pixel C it says it's a Nexus 6P xD

Gonna be a while before feedback on the pixel XL...this whole background installing thing takes ages but the pixel C is currently booting up the update.

Saiyan-Rox

Google weren't kidding about the boot time it's really fast!

PiP mode doesn't seem to work yet and the custom lock screen apps also don't work.

New ambient display though just a small update though.

Top Bottom