• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Tall4Life

that's cool, you guys aren't the folks running the show......you just get to yell at your team for being a terrible number 1 seed, with need of talent now not later XD

We weren't a terrible 1 seed, we stopped the Cavs from sweeping the playoffs.

And one guy, Butler, won't make us a championship contender. We might push the Cavs to a 6 or 7 game series, MAYBE beat them, but we get blown out by the Warriors

We don't need talent now, don't be a silly mark

you guys are already switching to tank mode? You just got there lol

There's some middle ground here but clearly the Celtics aren't close to competing with the Warriors. There's no point in making ridiculous win now moves like giving up the first overall pick for a guy who probably doesn't even get the C's over the Cavs.

natjjohn

Celtics are in a lose lose. Trade/don't trade they won't be relevant now or later most likely.

Only hope would be trade this years number one for George and trade Nets next years pick for Butler and dish out some other players as part of those trades for salary matching

Bread

Banned
Celtics are in a lose lose. Trade/don't trade they won't be relevant now or later most likely.

Only hope would be trade this years number one for George and trade Nets next years pick for Butler and dish out some other players as part of those trades for salary matching
lmao

the team that just went to the conference finals and has the #1 pick is in a lose/lose scenario

love this

Tall4Life

You don't think the top seed in the east is trying to win a title?
Ask any of the other Celtics fans here, none of us expected to get the top seed. We did expect though how well we would perform against a team like the Cavs, which was not well. It would be even worse against the Warriors.

If we could only get a game against the Cavs, who are currently getting swept by the Warriors, how the fuck could we really make trades to win the ring now? We weren't a few shots away from beating the Cavs either, we were blown out in all games except 3.

Servbot24

Banned
There should be a consolation round for East and West runner ups so that the rest of the league has something to play for

Nafai1123

Banned
There should be a consolation round for East and West runner ups so that the rest of the league has something to play for

I like the idea of a sweet 16 style tournament to determine draft picks for teams that don't make the playoffs. Would discourage tanking and would be very entertaining for fans. Doubt the NBPA would ever go for it though.

I like the idea of a sweet 16 style tournament to determine draft picks for teams that don't make the playoffs. Would discourage tanking and would be very entertaining for fans. Doubt the NBPA would ever go for it though.

Wouldn't that mean teams that just barely miss the playoffs end up with the best picks?

Duxxy3

Only thing beating the Warriors right now would be new restrictions, or removing hand checking as a foul.

Nafai1123

Banned
Wouldn't that mean teams that just barely miss the playoffs end up with the best picks?

Maybe, depends on the disparity I suppose. Bottom 2 (or 4?) teams could get a first round bye, plus they would only be playing 1 game which increases the chance of upsets. I dunno, it's obviously not a very fleshed out idea but it sounds entertaining.

Maybe, depends on the disparity I suppose. Bottom 2 (or 4?) teams could get a first round bye, plus they would only be playing 1 game which increases the chance of upsets. I dunno, it's obviously not a very fleshed out idea but it sounds entertaining.

There's some flaws for sure but the core idea of watching trash teams in their own playoffs doesn't sound that appealing to me. The regular playoffs were bad enough this year. Also, what kind of player would want to play in a tournament in which the grand prize is your team drafts a player to replace you?

Nafai1123

Banned
There's some flaws for sure but the core idea of watching trash teams in their own playoffs doesn't sound that appealing to me. The regular playoffs were bad enough this year. Also, what kind of player would want to play in a tournament in which the grand prize is your team drafts a player to replace you?

You don't enjoy watching the NCAA tournament? We're talking an entire single-elimination tournament over a week. They could even run it between the end of the regular season and beginning of the playoffs. Of course it doesn't make sense from a player perspective unless they threw in some sort of player incentive.

You don't enjoy watching the NCAA tournament? We're talking an entire single-elimination tournament over a week. They could even run it between the end of the regular season and beginning of the playoffs. Of course it doesn't make sense from a player perspective unless they threw in some sort of player incentive.

March Madness is exciting but it's mostly bad basketball and that's with guys competing for something they really want.

LionPride

Banned
March Madness is lowkey just watching shitty basketball for a month with me caring about 5-10 players for the draft and me seeing who else there may be

Nafai1123

Banned
So let's add a whole tournament of it?

Instead of, not in addition to. Teams wouldn't have incentive to tank. So instead of weeks/months of tanking, we would get a one week tournament for teams who weren't going to play until next season anyways.

Yeah it may be bad basketball as you said, but there would be entertainment for the fans of those teams in that it determines draft pick. People get excited about ping pong balls. I don't see why they wouldn't get excited watching their team actually compete for something meaningful.

This is never going to happen of course. I just think it's an interesting idea.

FZZ

Banned
Is there any footage or interviews of Fultz after his workout with the Celtics?

JJ didn't get any coverage either

Cornbread78

This needs to be added to the OP somehow.. too perfect.

wiskHXz.png

$495

Top Bottom