• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Tall4Life

Lavar has a nice interview where he shows himself as a pretty good person and now the ESPN people are immediately focusing on him spanking his kids

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-angeles-lakers-have-questions-ahead-of-draft

god dammit.

Yet Ball also didn’t blow the Lakers away or seal any deal in the time he spent with their officials Tuesday and Wednesday, according to sources.

They are hopeful they can get Fultz in for a workout despite speculation that he would work out only for the Boston Celtics, who hold the No. 1 overall pick. Lakers officials just went to meet and scout Jackson in Sacramento on Thursday, and Fox is coming in to see the Lakers on Tuesday.

Bread

Banned
Oh shit it's Ding

well then shit

I'd be fine with Fultz lol
c4jt321.png

Jarate

Banned
Jackson to the Lakers and Ball to Philly was bound to happen. It's just fate fam

The Lakers just aren't Big Ballers™

FZZ

Banned
I've already said I'd be fine with JJ (has the most potential, if he can develop a shot) and obv Fultz (clear number 1 pick) if he's available

Lonzo would fit so well tho, and leadership and a player that can be the face of the team is what we need. Hopefully just a smokescreen because Ding only restates everything he hears from Jeanie who could honestly be manipulating all of this.

Regardless Lonzo being on Philly would probably fit that team as well and they could honestly make it to the second round their first year assuming everyone is healthy

Jarate

Banned
Tatum, Markanen are the two I think arent going to do well. I dont like big men who can't rebound or defend, and lauri can't do either, and Tatum is from Duke, and so he'll be overhyped and overvalued no matter what (Despite this, I really like Luke Kennard as a prospect)

Isaac still has some question marks, but he has star potential written all over him, and the only thing that might get in his way is if he doesnt realize how good he is.

De'Aaron Fox also has some bust potential. PG's who can't shoot might not be able to start.

I really like Frank Nitilininka or however you spell it. Apparently got measured by scouts with a7'1" wingspan. I also really like DSJ, but he could get hurt.

My top 10 is

Fultz
Ball
Jackson
Dennis Smith Jr
Isaac
Fox
Tatum
Monk
Nitilininka
Lauri

I might move Frank up more
Monk would be a better current pick for the 6ers rn btw

You are not going to waste a top 3 pick in a stacked draft so you can draft for fit. Jackson, Tatum, Fox, Ball, DSJ are probably all better prospects imo.

I like Monk, but he lacks height which worries me.

LionPride

Banned
Tatum, Markanen are the two I think arent going to do well. I dont like big men who can't rebound or defend, and lauri can't do either, and Tatum is from Duke, and so he'll be overhyped and overvalued no matter what (Despite this, I really like Luke Kennard as a prospect)

Isaac still has some question marks, but he has star potential written all over him, and the only thing that might get in his way is if he doesnt realize how good he is.

De'Aaron Fox also has some bust potential. PG's who can't shoot might not be able to start.

I really like Frank Nitilininka or however you spell it. Apparently got measured by scouts with a7'1" wingspan. I also really like DSJ, but he could get hurt.

My top 10 is

Fultz
Ball
Jackson
Dennis Smith Jr
Isaac
Fox
Tatum
Monk
Nitilininka
Lauri

I might move Frank up more

You are not going to waste a top 3 pick in a stacked draft so you can draft for fit. Jackson, Tatum, Fox, Ball, DSJ are probably all better prospects imo.

I like Monk, but he lacks height which worries me.
I don't like Jackson, I don't like Tatum. Jackson I have zero faith in. Tatum may be the next Jahlil Okafor.

6ers need a PG but Lonzo ain't the one

Also, rn I believe that Fox is the best PG outta everyone, but long term Lonzo and Markelle will be better. Juwan Evans and Dennis Smith are interesting prospects. Monte Morris despite being 36 is also interesting

Jarate

Banned
Ntikilina seems like a blank slate, his bust potential is insanely high.

I mean, this is the case for basically every "non-athletic freak" coming from Europe since they fuck up developement over there once you get into the pros (They're still kind of stuck in 2005 era basketball imo, and they don't like to give young players any playing time)

Frank is an exceptional talent though, there's a reason why he's so valued currently

Also, he's black, which may suound racist, but I don't really like white guards that much with high picks. Frank reminds me a Dennis Schroeder who can shoot better and has a bigger wingspan and Schroeder is a pretty good PG right now.

Jarate

Banned
I don't like Jackson, I don't like Tatum. Jackson I have zero faith in. Tatum may be the next Jahlil Okafor.

6ers need a PG but Lonzo ain't the one

Also, rn I believe that Fox is the best PG outta everyone, but long term Lonzo and Markelle will be better. Juwan Evans and Dennis Smith are interesting prospects. Monte Morris despite being 36 is also interesting

Lonzo would be a perfect fit next to Simmons, Saric, Embiid, and Roco, which is probably going to be our starting lineup. We don't need a "prototypical" PG since we have Ben Simmons, and hell, I trust TJ McConnel to be the backup primary ballhandler as well.

Ball's main issues are his inability to run a pick and roll, and he's not the best dribble and pop shooter out there. Both of these issues get mitigated heavily when Simmons will be doing these things at an elite level (There is still a possibility Simmons lost a lot after the foot surgery, but Simmons is one of the best passers Ive ever seen.)

The only thing that worries me about Lonzo in Philly is how Lavar will deal with philly fans. That is not a match made in heaven, but honestly, im not too worried about Lavar, if you're winning, he'll be happy.

Fox's main issue is that he hasn't shown he can shoot all that well. I like his shot, and if he can imporove his 3 he'll be really fucking good, but there's always a chance he turns into Elfrid Peyton. (both of these guys stats are fairly similar, but Payton had a much worst FT% tbh)

Tatum's main issue is he looks like a player from 2005, but this could also be due to the fact that Tatum had to play off ball so much. Im not a big Tatum fan though, too much Iso which will get killed in the NBA.

Who was the last good white guard taken?

Stauskas is improving

Dougie buckets is a forward

Speaking of, The Undefeated, a website I loathe, had an article bout white americans in the league last year

https://theundefeated.com/features/white-american-nba-players/

My boy TJ McConnel might be the best white american PG in the league.

Jarate

Banned
I also think White players who succeed in college get heavily overvalued because NBA GM's and Front Office people tend to be all white themselves.

I really liked Stauskas coming out of college though, most of his faults have been more mental then anything (He improved heavily last year after seeing a sports psychologist)

But basically Jarate's Yurop Scouting Guide is this

1. If he's an athletic freak - Draft!
2. If he's an iso heavy ball dominant bad passing guard - Do not Draft

Kind of early, but what about Doncic next year?

I love Doncic personally. I justify my liking of him based off of how fucking abnormal his circumstances. You are not going to be playing heavy minutes at 17 on one of the best teams in the world (Real Madrd might be better then the 2015-2016 Sixers for instance) I think he's the best prospect imo, but Michael Porter is another guy I really want to see play. There's also a new crop of Euro Guards popping up that I think might be really good. Bogdanovic, Doncic, Korkmaz are three guys I really like right now.

LionPride

Banned
Luka could realistically be the best 2 guard in the league in a few years, he did some ridiculous stuff this past season.
And he's only a few months months older than me

Fox is getting the Mudiay treatment from people. Dude should not go in the top 5.
Mudiay ain't have a lot to run off of

Fox had an entire season. People know he doesn't like going right but he can. Know he can't shoot well but has a decent looking shot. Is fast as fuck boi. Decent finisher. Great on ball defender. Long. He good.

Jarate

Banned
how is this relevant at all

I think it's mostly a cultural things. There have been some black european players who have fit in a lot better with the players of the NBA, which as you may have known, is predominantly black. I think being a black euro prospect, you might have a better chance of doing well in the NBA purely because it is mostly a black league. You can fit these players in a lot better who might otherwise have massive cultural gaps.

Also, honestly, let's be real here, if white people were as good at basketball as black people, there'd be a shit ton more white people in the NBA.

I love Doncic personally. I justify my liking of him based off of how fucking abnormal his circumstances. You are not going to be playing heavy minutes at 17 on one of the best teams in the world (Real Madrd might be better then the 2015-2016 Sixers for instance) I think he's the best prospect imo, but Michael Porter is another guy I really want to see play. There's also a new crop of Euro Guards popping up that I think might be really good. Bogdanovic, Doncic, Korkmaz are three guys I really like right now.

Yeah I also think Porter is the better prospect, but Doncic is legit in the conversation to be the top pick overall despite how crazy good Porter and Bamba are. He averaged 14/8/7.5 per 36 as a 17 year old in Real Madrid, that's insane. Next draft looking loaded as fuck early on.

Also, Bogdanovic is a flat out monster. I really wish he would just come over already, despite being to the fucking Kings of all teams.

Bread

Banned
I think it's mostly a cultural things. There have been some black european players who have fit in a lot better with the players of the NBA, which as you may have known, is predominantly black. I think being a black euro prospect, you might have a better chance of doing well in the NBA purely because it is mostly a black league. You can fit these players in a lot better who might otherwise have massive cultural gaps.

Also, honestly, let's be real here, if white people were as good at basketball as black people, there'd be a shit ton more white people in the NBA.
...okay then. Not sure how this means he has less bust potential.

Jarate

Banned
Yeah I also think Porter is the better prospect, but Doncic is legit in the conversation to be the top pick overall despite how crazy good Porter and Bamba are. He averaged 14/8/7.5 per 36 as a 17 year old in Real Madrid, that's insane. Next draft looking loaded as fuck early on.

Also, Bogdanovic is a flat out monster. I really wish he would just come over already, despite being to the fucking Kings of all teams.

Honestly, as much as I rip into the Kings their future looks really nice right now

Skal, Willie Cauly Stein, Buddy Hield, two top 10 picks in a draft that's 10 players deep, and finally stability in a post-boogie world and Bogdanovic coming in from yurop eventually.

Honestly, as much as I rip into the Kings their future looks really nice right now

Skal, Willie Cauly Stein, Buddy Hield, two top 10 picks in a draft that's 10 players deep, and finally stability in a post-boogie world and Bogdanovic coming in from yurop eventually.

There's been some talks about them wanting to trade their 2 picks for the Philly pick or something like that. If they do, they're still the Kings. If they don't and draft smart (like 2 of Isaac, DSJ, Lauri and Tatum), then things could definitely be looking up.

There's been some talks about them wanting to trade their 2 picks for the Philly pick or something like that. If they do, they're still the Kings. If they don't and draft smart (like 2 of Isaac, DSJ, Lauri and Tatum), then things could definitely be looking up.
Well if that trade happens I hope Lonzo likes Sacramento.

It's close to home and all.

Sandfox

And he's only a few months months older than me

Mudiay ain't have a lot to run off of

Fox had an entire season. People know he doesn't like going right but he can. Know he can't shoot well but has a decent looking shot. Is fast as fuck boi. Decent finisher. Great on ball defender. Long. He good.
Mudiay was one of the top high school prospects and was getting Wall/Rose comparisons. Him not playing in college left people going off the past narrative.

My issue with Fox is:
-Absolutely can't shoot and there are more cases of players not improving than ones that do. Shooting is extremely important in the modern NBA
-Both numbers and the eye test show that his defense is being overrated
-Is only 170 pounds with a small frame
-His playmaking is questionable

I've seen multiple people compare Fox to Wall, but Wall is way bigger than him.

Jarate

Banned
If Im the Sixers, Im waiting till draft night to see if Ball falls to the Sixers. If not, im trading 3 for 5 & 10 and maybe see if we can grab someone like Mclemore from them. I would also love Pappgiannis purely for the name.

I just really don't want them to draft Tatum. I dislike Tatum a lot

Mudiay was one of the top high school prospects and was getting Wall/Rose comparisons. Him not playing in college left people going off the past narrative.

My issue with Fox is:
-Absolutely can't shoot and there are more cases of players not improving than ones that do. Shooting is extremely important in the modern NBA
-Both numbers and the eye test show that his defense is being overrated
-Is only 170 pounds with a small frame
-His playmaking is questionable

I've seen multiple people compare Fox to Wall, but Wall is way bigger than him.

So basically Fox is TJ Ford reincarnated than...

Top Bottom