• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

ZOONAMI

I use Ethermine pools currently.

https://ethermine.org

Use the connect option information below.

But basically what you have to do is get a miner like Claymore's Dual Miner (You probably saw this inside NiceHash). I personally think it's the best for ETH, at least for AMD cards. But inside you edit the start.bat file with the connect info of the link I gave you.

Run the bat and it should run just like you saw in Nicehash. You can track your progress with
https://ethermine.org/miners/YOURADDRESS replacing YOURADDRESS with your public wallet code for your ETH wallet (The code you put into the bat determining where you are mining to).

I'm more than happy to run you through setup if you want to PM me. Or you can look up a YouTube video which you can probably walk through step by step pretty easy.

Thanks, I have it currently set up and running on ehtermine and nanopool for pascal coins.

Problem is profitability is far, far worse than using nicehash.

Need to mine .05 ether and .05 pascal coin for a payout as well, and it's going to take quite a while to even get .05 ether, pascal coin won't take too long.

Will mine until I get a payout but I'm going to switch but to nicehash.

Clefargle

Just bought ETH to use to get some Aeternity tokens. It's a European thing that's getting a lot of hype in my region. Any of you know anything about it? I'm still very new to this.

ZOONAMI

Bargain prices on Stellar (STR) right now

It's basically doubled it's value in a month, as have a lot of these coins. A slight drop from peak hardly seems like a bargain.

I don't really why all of these currencies are booming like this so suddenly, and all at once.

Is there some sort of manufactured pump and dump going on accross a bunch of these altcoins simultaneously?

You look at a chart for virtually any crypto and values have skyrocketed in a matter of weeks? Why? Coins that have been sitting at relatively no value for years all of a sudden are worth multiple $USD?

Brandson

You look at a chart for virtually any crypto and values have skyrocketed in a matter of weeks? Why? Coins that have been sitting at relatively no value for years all of a sudden are worth multiple $USD?

People heard about Ethereum and don't want to miss out on the next thing. Just because a company or project has its value represented as cryptocurrency doesn't inherently make it a good investment though. It seems a lot of people haven't learned that lesson yet. They will.

Thanks, I have it currently set up and running on ehtermine and nanopool for pascal coins.

Problem is profitability is far, far worse than using nicehash.

Need to mine .05 ether and .05 pascal coin for a payout as well, and it's going to take quite a while to even get .05 ether, pascal coin won't take too long.

Will mine until I get a payout but I'm going to switch but to nicehash.

Do some adjustments with dcri settings with the + and - on keyboard. Lower your script the harder the system works but you can usually find a good balance. It's starts you at 30. I found about 15 was my peak performance.

Also give it 24 hours to give you an average and even out. Mine started quite low, but after 24 hours it's where it should be. And my currency as it's ETH is appreciating, where Bitcoin might, but if you just want steady payouts NiceHash is a good bet. More stable.

Luschient

Anyone else have issues buying on Coinbase even once verified? Seems like they EU Credit/Debit Card system is nearly always down.

I successfully linked my bank acct w/ coinbase but have been unable to link a credit card. I've sent their support team a note about this but haven't heard back.

I'm currently on the ETH and litecoin train.

It's basically doubled it's value in a month, as have a lot of these coins. A slight drop from peak hardly seems like a bargain.

I don't really why all of these currencies are booming like this so suddenly, and all at once.

Is there some sort of manufactured pump and dump going on accross a bunch of these altcoins simultaneously?

Should have noted that I meant "on sale" from a trade perspective, not a long-term investment perspective. Yes, there's a lot of pump n dump and controlled roller coasters happening right now. Lot of $$$ to be made in the meantime, if you catch the wave

It's still a sign of immaturity that so many of these coins move up and down on the same days but I gotta say, when you're portfolio is showing 5-10% gains across the board, it feels nice. I'm averaging like $3000/week in gainz.

Red

I want to branch out into altcoins beyond what's available on coinbase. What is the easiest way to do this? Is it possible to directly buy in with cash on other exchanges, or do I have to transfer bitcoin into altcoins? Someone mentioned earlier kraken allows cash transfers but I can't figure out the app. It seems like only one coin is available.

I want to branch out into altcoins beyond what's available on coinbase. What is the easiest way to do this? Is it possible to directly buy in with cash on other exchanges, or do I have to transfer bitcoin into altcoins? Someone mentioned earlier kraken allows cash transfers but I can't figure out the app. It seems like only one coin is available.

It's a two step process. Buy coins on Coinbase with fiat, send it to an exchange you want, convert it to whatever coin you desire.

The coin I use to do this is Litecoin because it's stable in terms of price and fast to transfer.

Absinthe

The impending end of proof-of-work should give anyone looking to invest into mining rigs pause.

What does this mean exactly? As far as I've read it basically means that people with ETH are the only ones who can mine it?

I ask because I was just pricing up a GPU mining rig today. Would this be a bad decision considering ETH is going PoS?

ZOONAMI

What does this mean exactly? As far as I've read it basically means that people with ETH are the only ones who can mine it?

I ask because I was just pricing up a GPU mining rig today. Would this be a bad decision considering ETH is going PoS?

As I understand it POS would actually improve things for smaller miners, not make things worse (other than needing to have at least some amount of ethereum to begin with, but if you aren't willing to throw down at least some hard currency to get started, just planning on mining completely from scratch, I don't know how much sense that makes in the first place).

Absinthe

As I understand it POS would actually improve things for smaller miners, not make things worse (other than needing to have at least some amount of ethereum to begin with, but if you aren't willing to throw down at least some hard currency to get started, just planning on mining completely from scratch, I don't know how much sense that makes in the first place).

They say November is launch. I should have a decent amount of ETH with a 6 GPU rig by then unless they require an astronomical amount to mine in a PoS system

BraXzy

Biggest regrets at the minute is seeing BTC hit the low of $900 and not grabbing any and seeing ETH dip to $120 and not grabbing any. Limited disposable income makes the gambles too risky.

Is ETH ever going to drop again? :(

Yes but it's corrections are not that large and they don't last long and they often settle around 10-20% greater than the previous all time highs.

It has hit the following milestones in one year:

$40 - No correction.
$50 - (literally just days later) - Corrected back down to $40
$95 - Happened over a weekend where it passed, $60, $70 and $80 on consecutive days, corrected back down to $90
$200 - Happened in early may, doubled in price in three days, corrected back down to $150 - still 60% higher than it's previous ATH.

Since then, it's gradually climbed back up to $290 with no major pullbacks. If you're waiting for a correction to buy, it's very unlikely you'll get a significant discount and much more likely to miss out. I've been a holder of ETH since the $20 days and each time I've waited for a dip to buy more - with the exception of one time, I've been burned. And the one time I was able to get cheap ETH on a dip, the discount wasn't even that big.

There's just too much momentum with it. It's being pegged as the currency that stands to benefit the most if the UASF thing on August 1st goes badly for Bitcoin.

Yes but it's corrections are not that large and they don't last long and they often settle around 10-20% greater than the previous all time highs.

It has hit the following milestones in one year:

$40 - No correction.
$50 - (literally just days later) - Corrected back down to $40
$95 - Happened over a weekend where it passed, $60, $70 and $80 on consecutive days, corrected back down to $90
$200 - Happened in early may, doubled in price in three days, corrected back down to $150 - still 60% higher than it's previous ATH.

Since then, it's gradually climbed back up to $290 with no major pullbacks. If you're waiting for a correction to buy, it's very unlikely you'll get a significant discount and much more likely to miss out. I've been a holder of ETH since the $20 days and each time I've waited for a dip to buy more - with the exception of one time, I've been burned. And the one time I was able to get cheap ETH on a dip, the discount wasn't even that big.

There's just too much momentum with it. It's being pegged as the currency that stands to benefit the most if the UASF thing on August 1st goes badly for Bitcoin.

I have a feeling after this weeks conference that $400 might not be out of reach. I am glad I bought several more a few days ago when it dropped to $250 and I got lucky to grab a bunch when it was at $154 during memorial day weekend.

If the fork with bitcoin in August doesn't go well or people have concern, you know more money will be moved from bitcoin on ethereum.

Got

Banned
first buy order was at $145 for ethereum. Unfortunately waiting for confirmations means my average initial buy in was at $216. Still, almost halved the initial investment at this point.

edit:
$320 demolished lol

Got

Banned
thanks to that thread on bitcoin and taking my brother's recommendations seriously, I caught the train. so good. even being banned at that time, lol

Holy crap, the hell is going on with ETH lol

Spiking at $320 now

I wanted to buy some at 230-240 earlier. But I wrapped my funds up info mining equipment and PAX tickets. As a student I can't afford to miss out on these chances but I also can't afford it in general.

Gotta have money to make money ; _ ;

ETH has made me quite a bit of money. Should I start hedging my bets with LTC or some no-name altcoin or keep riding this wave?

Arkanius

Just bought 300€ of ETH on Coinbase

Other than buying an hardware wallet, what is your prefered methods of backing up your wallet guys? I don't want my Cryptocoins investments to be on Coinbase, I fear a Mt. Gox in the making.

Got

Banned
Just bought 300€ of ETH on Coinbase

Other than buying an hardware wallet, what is your prefered methods of backing up your wallet guys? I don't want my Cryptocoins investments to be on Coinbase, I fear a Mt. Gox in the making.

ethereum wallet made by the ethereum people

ETH has made me quite a bit of money. Should I start hedging my bets with LTC or some no-name altcoin or keep riding this wave?

LTC is a good shout the creator of it just quit his position as Director of Engineering at Coinbase so he can focus on developing it and they also raised enough money at a recent foundation to hire 2 additional full time developers as well so they must have some things in the pipeline

Brandson

Just had to create a bunch of new alerts in Blockfolio. Bought some Eth at CAD$80, 150, and 244. Pretty happy today obviously.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Does it always take forever to download the ethereum blockchain? It's been going for almost 2 hours.

Really wanted to try mining tonight

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
A bunch of work buddies bought like 20 ETH back when it was in the 25-35 range, they are loving this. I should have joined them at the time lol.

Actually both the Trezor and Ledger Nano S seem to be sold out everywhere, probably because of the current craze. I could order a Ledger Nano S directly from the company but it will ship from France with a large shipping fee and they are estimating because of their order backlog that it won't ship until August 4th. Yikes.

x3sphere

ETH is insane. I've been pretty bullish on crypto but back in January, if anyone predicted ETH would be at the level its at now this year I would have laughed at them. My best case scenario was around $100 at the end of 2017.

And from a percentage standpoint it's beat any of the previous BTC runups by a good margin.

The crazy thing is, a lot more people seemed to know about BTC back then. ETH still doesn't seem that well known yet. It's been getting some mainstream coverage, but nowhere near the amount I remember BTC getting.

Google Trends graph is interesting: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=ethereum,bitcoin

Well shit, I've made quite a bit on ETH now. Put most of my play money into ETH which I guess was the right call, also put a little bit into STRAT, XRP, and XBY which aren't doing too well lol

Got a notice on the Blockfolio app about Status tokens. Anyone have any insight on this and if it's worth getting in to? Seems kind of interesting...

After foolishly taking some out of ETH a few days ago to "diversify" (and, to be fair, I did make like $20 on my $150 during that time. But still), I sold most of it back off, and put it back into ETH.
Which, of course, means it'll crash now.

Brandson

Status sounds like a neat app for Ethereum, but I don't see why to invest in its tokens. As always I could be wrong, but holding ETH makes more sense to me.

I am increasingly feeling like Golem (GNT) is on the verge of doubling though so I continue to hold some of that.

Getting good vibes from EOS too, launching sometime this Summer.

Tk0n

Well shit, I've made quite a bit on ETH now. Put most of my play money into ETH which I guess was the right call, also put a little bit into STRAT, XRP, and XBY which aren't doing too well lol

Im sure STRAT will be back stronger than before in a few days. I think it has a lot of potential. Ill be keeping mine and am thinking about stocking up a bit while the price is down.

Top Bottom