• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Total Posts:

One day Cornbread ... one day I shall cast you off from the top.

If you need a tip on how to cope with all the streaming services: just rewatch Kill Me Baby.

I say rewatch because I assume everyone has seen it.

If they know what's good for them.

Sell me on it. I'm in such dearth I'm reduced to watching Inou Battle.
And Maria Holic.

Can someone bring me up to speed on the new Fate series/movie? I know there are different "routes" and the recent Infinity Blade Works is a direct sequel to Fate/Zero, and there was that weird borderline hentai loli school one. Where do Apocrapha and Ilya fit in?

Ilya is the "borderline" hentai one, now with movie budget !

Apocrypha from what I understand is spin-off that's pretty much unrelated to the main thing outside of basic premise.

zulux21

this was posted at the end of the last thread by someone else but no one talked about it so lets try again.

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory Anime Premieres in Spring 2018
Funimation, Full Metal Panic! light novel author Shoji Gatoh, and illustrator Shikidouji announced at the "Full Metal Panic! 15th Anniversary Panel" at Anime Expo on Friday that the Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory television anime series will premiere in spring 2018. The panel also showed a promotional video for the new anime. The promotional video indicated that the light novel villain Kurama and Amalgam soldier Lee Fowler will debut in the anime. Additionally, Mao will be promoted to Lieutenant with a new uniform, and several new mecha — including the anime appearance of Cyclone — will also appear.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ictory-anime-premieres-in-spring-2018/.118269

it's a shame it's likely going to suck because Xebec is making it.

Why are the shows I'm interested in rarely early starters ;_; Nagahama's thing isn't until the 22nd. At least Teekyuu is earlier.

Tonton

Can someone bring me up to speed on the new Fate series/movie? I know there are different "routes" and the recent Infinity Blade Works is a direct sequel to Fate/Zero, and there was that weird borderline hentai loli school one. Where do Apocrypha and Ilya fit in?

Fate/Apocrypha is an alternate story with the basic concepts of servants and the holy grail war but rather different (don't remember much of the details but in this one i think there's two groups fighting each other with one servant of each class with them or something)

Prisma Ilya is a movie of the spinoff series with the borderline hentai loli stuff

Can someone bring me up to speed on the new Fate series/movie? I know there are different "routes" and the recent Infinity Blade Works is a direct sequel to Fate/Zero, and there was that weird borderline hentai loli school one. Where do Apocrapha and Ilya fit in?
Fate/Apocrypha is a completely alternate universe/world story.

Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA is a spin off series and relies heavily on in franchise fanservice and references. At its best when the girls are being silly or fighting.

Well that was awful.

Did this thing ever got a PV that wasn't solely composed of stills ?

Yes, though I wouldn't expect a high level of animation.

Also; Reflection actual footage when.

Perhaps today; NHK is running a special program on it shortly.

I would; thanks Sayo Yamamoto! Better than her Virgin Soul OP; reminds me of her Arakawa Under the Bridge OP, only higher-octane crazy to fit the mood of this show.

lbsa

Kado - End

Whoever wrote this anime was at some point replaced by a clone that was completely identical to him information - wise and yet i wasn't him.

duckroll

Kado - The Right Answer - Episode 13 (End)

vIWsY62.gif

5XtQQiM.gif

X0qYC8f.gif

ca12T6l.gif

phaze

Yes, though I wouldn't expect a high level of animation.

Perhaps today; NHK is running a special program on it shortly.

2 hour long interview with Stan Lee.

I would; thanks Sayo Yamamoto! Better than her Virgin Soul OP; reminds me of her Arakawa Under the Bridge OP, only higher-octane crazy to fit the mood of this show.
The song is actively awful and ruins the more positive visual side.

Shows need to stop changing genres right before the end.

Flip Flappers pull that shit. Now Kado has as well.

Tsukigakirei Finished

This is a good cute little show and I liked it.

More romance like this pls.

duckroll

I love the staff working on Kakegurui but it is one ugly looking show. Like, it's probably not even their fault because it's an adaptation, but the style of the character designs is a huge turn off for me.

Shows need to stop changing genres right before the end.

Flip Flappers pull that shit. Now Kado has as well.

I can't speak from personal experience, but I've read from someone engaged with current Japanese literature that the writer of Kado, a science fiction novelist, is well known for having weird plot twists and genre shifts in his work.

Kado - The Right Answer - Episode 13 (End)

[im]http://i.imgur.com/vIWsY62.gif[/img]

[im]http://i.imgur.com/5XtQQiM.gif[/img]

[im]http://i.imgur.com/X0qYC8f.gif[/img]

ca12T6l.gif
If the final image in here is supposed to be you coming to appreciate the dumb direction in a
'so bad it's good' type of way, then I agree.

I love the staff working on Kakegurui but it is one ugly looking show. Like, it's probably not even their fault because it's an adaptation, but the style of the character designs is a huge turn off for me.

Understandable. Kakegurui is going for a particularly grotesque kind of psychotic character visuals.

phaze

Understandable. Kakegurui is going for a particularly grotesque kind of psychotic character visuals.

The best.

If as it seems they're sticking to manga designs then I don't see much problem. Like most of them a lot and they're a nice break from most other high school aged designs.

Qurupeke

It reminds me a lot of Prison School, though probably it won't be as exaggerated. It's certainly a unique artstyle and it's really fitting for what the show seems to target. It's kind of unfair to call it ugly looking, even if I can see why it's not something everyone will like.

I can't speak from personal experience, but I've read from someone engaged with current Japanese literature that the writer of Kado, a science fiction novelist, is well known for having weird plot twists and genre shifts in his work.

Generally speaking, I think genre shifts need to be built up to on some level, and mostly I appreciate them more when they're done with restraint. Kado doesn't really build up this at all. Shows can do a sudden out of nowhere 60 degree turn to shake things up, but I find they generally make shows fall flat on their face.

It reminds me a lot of Prison School, though probably it won't be as exaggerated. It's certainly a unique artstyle and it's really fitting for what the show seems to target. It's kind of unfair to call it ugly looking, even if I can see why it's not something everyone will like.

Skimming through the first episode of Kakegurui, I would say the show looks average overall, but the wild faces and insane character behavior stand out.

Generally speaking, I think genre shifts need to be built up to on some level, and mostly I appreciate them more when they're done with restraint. Shows can do a sudden out of nowhere 60 degree turn to shake things up, but I find they generally make shows fall flat on their face.

I'm not defending genre shifts, just pointing out a possible reason why this occurred in Kado.

Is it just me, or does it feel like the new season hasn't suddenly sprung up but rather finally reach us after waiting weeks for it to do so? Guess that sums up what I thought of the end of the spring season. Oh well, here's hoping this season will be filled with fewer series that start out promising only to spoil all of that later on!

We must keep him from a keyboard then at all costs. Genre Shifts, without hints or set up are annoying at best, painful and upsetting at worst.

Honestly the trainwreck portion is kind of boring.

I dunno, that final episode is basically so bad its good. But really requires having sat through everything else and coming into it will full disappointment/bafflement at what happened.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
We've agreed on everything else but seeing the main alien go from logical robot calculation pretty boy to pleading psycho ex girlfriend was very entertaining. What was the writer thinking lmao

Well, I do admit that part was more confusing for me then anything else but also confirmed to me that the romance subplot could not have been more misaimed if it tried.

Aki-at

The PV for Centaur's Worries is Hajimete no Gal instead, what's with the extra stealth marketing? D:

Not really liking anything this season yet, probably going to be the Spring left over shows and whatever I have to catch up to keep me going until Autumn.

Line_HTX

Kind of lame that two the shows I'm interested in watching are shorts instead of full-length episodes. Who knows, maybe it might be a blessing in disguise in that format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom